Rebuild of a Trillium Sportsman - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-26-2013, 09:58 AM   #41

Trailer: Boler 13 ft
David it did not come with any information at all. The broker sheet from Summit Brokers called it cellular rubber sheeting. They had to get a hold of Trillium Tom as the word ensolite means nothing if classifying for duty purposes.
R value is not that great but resistance to vapor transfer is the key, no rain on these kids when the inside is warmer than the outside. Wikipedia has lots of info about foam insulations for pipes, it is worth the short read. I am told through industry that all foams ridgid or flexible are about the same insulation value. I don't know if this is all true but if that foam is more than r-2 I would be surprised.
ryan parsons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 07:45 PM   #42

Ensolite is done. We used 50 of the 58 ft ordered from Tom. Pictures of the good. bad and the ugly. Pictures worst piece first then to best
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0962.JPG
Views:	79
Size:	121.6 KB
ID:	58305

Name:	IMG_0964.JPG
Views:	71
Size:	103.9 KB
ID:	58306
Bad wrinkles are in front right corner, they will be behind upholstered corner so will be hid, It was the first wall piece I did and lost control of it and stuck on wall before it was positioned. The first photo is in upper left cabinet in corner it will also be hid but that was just bad cutting on my part. It is also the worst piece!!

Name:	IMG_0961.JPG
Views:	71
Size:	111.0 KB
ID:	58307

Name:	IMG_0963.JPG
Views:	77
Size:	108.3 KB
ID:	58308

Name:	IMG_0966.JPG
Views:	68
Size:	130.9 KB
ID:	58309

Name:	IMG_0971.JPG
Views:	67
Size:	146.2 KB
ID:	58310
next pictures are of rear corner, that corner is also a cabinet from top of bench to ceiling so joint will be in storage area. The front seam under front window will be behind upholstry was good fit except up from bottom is 3 inches of small gap chaulking will fix that. next is top corner of front window, great joint but only 1/2 inch will be visible. Last pic is of upper cabinet position next to fridge, Fits on mostly very good but a few I will chaulk. It was a real challange for most of it irregullar curves and how to deal with them led to some head scratching. nut I am very pleased with the result, and my bride was a real trooper she helped with all the larger pieces which I would not have been able to do myself.
We used 18 cans of hp15 at 20 bucks a can so not a cheap project. I am assuming that we are around $1500 for the ensolite part of the project. that is not adding 1 cent for time spent on ensolite.

Name:	IMG_0970.JPG
Views:	70
Size:	137.5 KB
ID:	58315
Old 04-28-2013, 09:42 PM   #43

Name: Francesca Knowles
Trailer: '78 Trillium 4500
Jefferson County, Washington State, U.S.A.
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan parsons View Post
I am assuming that we are around $1500 for the ensolite part of the project. that is not adding 1 cent for time spent on ensolite.

That's a hundred dollars more than I paid for my whole trailer...Ensolite included.

I'm speechless!

Francesca
Francesca Knowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 10:27 PM   #44

It is sure a good thing you can type then Francesca. LOL The last trailer I owned was a Boler it was painted to match my hotrod and it was all done up inside and I sold it for 6500. I used to buy bolers for 1500 to 2500 that were in fair shape, just un kept and fix up and sell them but they are few and far between these days. You must have gotten your trailer a while ago.
[COLOR="rgb(46, 139, 87)"]Trilliums[/COLOR] usually sell for 4500 to 5500 that need some tlc. New 13 ft Escapes loaded up sell for around 18000 so still worth it for me to rebuild one and spend the dollars where they need to be. .BUT the price of a set of back doors in a Trillium has rocketed over the last 8 months!! SLOL I do this as a hobby-get what I want thing, and to make them comfortable for Deb and I. I will eventually be pulling this with a 1953 GMC panel truck which is in the restoration-customizing process now. It is just something that I have to do is rebuild rebuild and rebuild or maybe I should say spend spend spend!!
Old 04-28-2013, 10:33 PM   #45

Name: Rod
Trailer: 2014 GWV Trillium Sidekick 1500
British Columbia
Registry
Wow, that thing is awesome! It is crazy how just when we Trilliumaires think we have seen all the variations something like this comes along. That would really solve my ATV & Tent or Trillium & mountain bike dilema...

[Rodre heads back to his lair and adds "Trillium Sportsman" to his list of rare things he will spend years looking for yet probably never own..]

I am a Trilliumaire - I can go camping anytime, any place, anywhere.
Rodre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 10:37 PM   #46

Registry

I have no doubt this is going to be a real pip, Ryan, and worth every penny you're putting into it! You're doing a fabulous job...

And don't mind my old-lady-gets-sticker-shock thing; given the rarity of this particular model, I'm also sure that if you ever decide to sell it you'll get your money back- and more!

Francesca
Old 04-29-2013, 06:34 AM   #47

Name: Mike
Trailer: 2001 Spirit Deluxe 17" K5NAN
Texas
Quote:
Good morning David
I didn't ask Tom anything about the installation. I have a pretty good handle on the problem. I did some rat fur installation in some of Waterway's Houseboats a few years ago and I think apart from the weight and bulk it has to be close as to procedure for getting it up without any wrinkles.
LOL
If there is a process you can share for putting up rat fur correctly- that would be great (or if you are missing a digit that would be reat). I am concerned about using the contact adhesive and then laying down the fur and ending up with a wrinkled mess. Unless there are various grades of contact cement that allow some latitude in permanent stick time.

hanks in dvance
If you Rest, You Rust
GMike A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:30 AM   #48

Good morning Mike
Westech Aerosol Corporation This is the website for the glue I used, they are a Seattle based, I used the HP15 as it has low soak in rate and fast initial tack time about 2 min, They might have a answer for you about set times.
I stuck just a foot or so and then while holding back foam from wall spray next foot both surfaces wait a minute or two then stick that section up, I worked from bottom up and if aligning to a cabinet frame then aligned bottom and cabinet frame at same time, and always leave trim room on piece. This leaves less chance of prematurely sticking a piece to the wall when not ready as I did on a piece, Rat fur is the same process but it can be stretched more than Ensolite and is far easier to wrinkle or stick it back on itself when moving it from work area to inside a little trailer.
It should be viewed as a slow methotical process not really for some as it is not a easy diy thing.
Old 04-29-2013, 09:03 AM   #49

With the wall coverings out of the way. Next is window install and roof vent then finish fridge and cut in vents, then electrical. But I got two things in the mail Friday so thought I would share a picture.

Name:	IMG_0974.JPG
Views:	60
Size:	168.8 KB
ID:	58334
the switches are 120 volt breaker switches for marine applications each are 15 amp. the other which I am sure most of you know it is a Bargman l400 door handle. I picked it up on Ebay. The price for used stock, I won't say, I do want to be responsible for stopping Francesca heart from beating.
Ryan
Old 04-29-2013, 10:33 AM   #50

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
Those L-400's are as good as gold, well as expensive at least.
David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 10:37 AM   #51

Registry
Quote:
The other which I am sure most of you know it is a Bargman l400 door handle. I picked it up on Ebay. The price for used stock, I won't say, I do want to be responsible for stopping Francesca heart from beating.
Ryan
Too late...I've seen the ads!

Francesca
Old 04-29-2013, 03:23 PM   #52

Francesca love that little guy you added it is just to cool!!
Old 04-29-2013, 04:04 PM   #53

Registry
That's my "O.K.- you killed me" one...

Sometimes sticker shock just gives me what we ladylike types call "the vapors": .

Francesca
Old 04-29-2013, 08:34 PM   #54

Dear Francesca, I just reread a post from earlier today and it should read "I do NOT want to be responsible for stopping Francesca heart." I am so sorry for not including the word NOT.
Ryan
Old 04-29-2013, 08:55 PM   #55

Another day done. Did a few errands to two of my favorite spots today. First was to auto wreckers to see if any new rv's in and there wasn't but in a Mallard trailer there was a small black range hood , I removed it and bought for 10 dollars. Yea haw my kind of price. Second was to Kencraft Rv and trailer supply to pick up 2 rolls butyl tape and found 2 nos louvered fridge vent upper and lower doors they are the old style. Will post pics tomorrow. Got 2 things put back on Sportsman, front window and front awning and furnace vent. If I can Knock a few things off each evening after work I might have it ready for June. Will post pics of window to.
Old 04-29-2013, 11:21 PM   #56

Registry
Now yer talkin'- I love wrecking yards. Treasure hunting!

Quote:
Dear Francesca, I just reread a post from earlier today and it should read "I do NOT want to be responsible for stopping Francesca heart." I am so sorry for not including the word NOT.
Ryan
I figured it was a typo, Ryan- no harm, no foul!

Francesca
Old 04-29-2013, 11:23 PM   #57

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
Quote:
Another day done. Did a few errands to two of my favorite spots today. First was to auto wreckers to see if any new rv's in and there wasn't but in a Mallard trailer there was a small black range hood , I removed it and bought for 10 dollars. Yea haw my kind of price. Second was to Kencraft Rv and trailer supply to pick up 2 rolls butyl tape and found 2 nos louvered fridge vent upper and lower doors they are the old style. Will post pics tomorrow. Got 2 things put back on Sportsman, front window and front awning and furnace vent. If I can Knock a few things off each evening after work I might have it ready for June. Will post pics of window to.
Ryan, where are you? Sounds like wrecker heaven!
David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 08:24 AM   #58

I am in Armstrong but wreckers are in Vernon and Cherryville.
Old 04-30-2013, 08:28 AM   #59

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
I am in Armstrong but wreckers are in Vernon and Cherryville.
Do RV wreckers generally specialize in RVs or are they just part of a larger auto recycling operation? Curious because I'd like to locate one near me.
Old 04-30-2013, 08:57 AM   #60

The wreckers here are a little different than other towns close by. They generally dispose of anything they think they can make a buck on. There is 3 in Vernon, 1 does not do anything with RV's the other two have some but are getting out of them unless they are brand new ones. The one in Cherryville is a old time wrecker and he hauls in anything for disposal. They have about 15 rv units there now of which 10 have some good stuff in them but to large for smaller FG units. The fellow at Vernon Truck wreckers told me yesterday he will not be acquiring anymore unless brand new wrecks as cost to get rid of wood, insulation,foam and plastics is getting to be to exspensive. Someone will fill the void as Insurance groups will have to get rid of wrecks somewhere.

Tags
trillium