Wet floor in Burro - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-25-2017, 12:14 PM   #21

Trailer: 2000 Burro 17 ft / 2001 Toyota Tundra V8 2wd
Registry
Gutters can help a lot in deflecting rain from running down the windows. I have some of this installed around the windows.
Essential Products RV & Marine - EZE RV Gutters
But still every once in a while if it's heavy rain and wind, there's a little seepage due to weep holes.
ThomasE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 05:12 PM   #22

Name: Larry
Trailer: Burro
California
Thanks for info on the gutters.
Looks like a great idea.
Larry
Burroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 05:06 PM   #23

California
New theory on wet floor

Well, my windows seem pretty tight, and we have had LOTS of rain in coastal California.
I have a new theory as to where all the water is coming from: the door seal.
I took out the carpet, which wicks the water throughout , and after heavy rains it looks like the water is maybe running down the door, latch side, following the curve at the bottom and ending on the floor. Gasket is pretty make- shift, not the original, which my handbook shows should be on the door AND the jamb.
Water seem concentrated around the closet area, and I noticed the plywood flooring is rotted out where the threshold screws go in, just about 3", on the left side as you face door from outside. Just a small amount which I can clean and epoxy.
So I'm putting a plastic shield between the bottom of the door and the floor to see if that keeps the water out.
I'll let you know after the next big rain- tomorrow!
Drought is over at my house!
Larry
Old 03-21-2017, 03:17 PM   #24

California
Still not sure where the water is coming from.
I find it on the floor and it wets the edge of my forward( under couch) hatch covers so it is coming down somewhere on inside wall, but they appear dry.
I need to get a friend over to turn the hose on the windows and get inside with a light to check- just been working alone.
I do have a gravel shield hinge over the front window(no shield) and will pull it off and seal around it.
Just guessing at this point.
Old 03-21-2017, 03:46 PM   #25

Trailer: 2002 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Send a message via Yahoo to Darwin Maring
Try using one of these to track where it may B coming from.
Search results for: 'moisture meter'

My leak was coming down from the TV Antenna, driping on the table, running towards the wall then on the floor. Did not find it until the table area was turned into the bed, during a rain and it dripped all night on the person sleeping there, Scamp 5r.
Darwin Maring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 09:28 PM   #26

California
Just ran the hose all over my windows, front and back- lots of water and I see no leaks!
Yet last night after some rain I had very small amounts of water( tablespoon size) pooled on couch fiberglass- front of camper, and had removed cushion.
Really baffling.
Another weird thing is inside the kitchen cabinets where it is single wall, the cloth liner gets pretty damp. Now there is no window or opening anywhere near the outside wall inside the cabinets.
Is this condensation?
I live on the visit with high humidity.
I'm going to insulate those cabinet walls with the foil bubble wrap, and see if that helps.
I'll remove the two windows and reseal them as well.
Just guessing here.
Larry
Old 03-22-2017, 09:30 PM   #27

California
Live on the COAST, not visit- autocorrect!

Just correcting previous post
Old 03-23-2017, 01:58 AM   #28

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006 "Missing Link"
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burroman View Post
Just ran the hose all over my windows, front and back- lots of water and I see no leaks!
Yet last night after some rain I had very small amounts of water( tablespoon size) pooled on couch fiberglass- front of camper, and had removed cushion.
Really baffling.
Another weird thing is inside the kitchen cabinets where it is single wall, the cloth liner gets pretty damp. Now there is no window or opening anywhere near the outside wall inside the cabinets.
Is this condensation?
I live on the visit with high humidity.
I'm going to insulate those cabinet walls with the foil bubble wrap, and see if that helps.
I'll remove the two windows and reseal them as well.
Just guessing here.
Larry
Larry, you say you ran the water over the windows but didn't say anything about roof vents. No telling where water will run...including inside cabinets. A couple tricks, use talc powder on the wall/ceiling to show a water trail, paper towels can work also. If nothing else, where it's not coming from . Just FYI, I don't have any leaks but I park my TT with the nose up so any water doesn't puddle. The MHs I've had I parked/tilted them to one side for the same reason. If I saw a wet spot it was small and I could fix it...really didn't want to find a pool inside.
Borrego Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 06:29 AM   #29

Name: Gordon
Trailer: 2015 Scamp (16 Std Layout 4) with '15 Toyota Sienna LE Tug
North Carolina
I don't know how well this works or how much it might cost you, but I have seen RV shops offer the service...

SealTech Manufacturing USA | Industry Standard for RV Leak Detection
gordon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 06:13 PM   #30

California
Wet floor

Maybe I finally found the culprit.
Add this to our lists of leak sources.
I pulled out the window where the leak was the worst.
Cleaned, rebedded and put back in.
After a rain that night I still had a leak- not bad but some water coming in.
After careful checking I noticed the channel above the window, made to attach a rock guard, seem to be acting as a rain gutter and spilling water onto the window frame, overwhelming the weep hole on that side and thus water coming in, dripping down and into the storage area on front L(viewed from inside)
Since I don’t have a rock guard, I removed the hinge channel above the window, and no more leak!
Amazing I didn’t see it before.
On another note, it was really simple and easy to clean and re-bed the windows.
I know they are water tight now.
Have been gone for 3weeks and just returned. We had lots of rain while I was gone and the Burro is bone dry inside.
Just another culprit to run down causing wet floors.
Old 11-27-2017, 08:44 PM   #31

California
Laiming success!

Re-bedded all the windows and have no more leaks!
Even in heavy rain.
It was really simple to do using the butyl tape(kinda like chewing gum).
Had quite a downpour last night and no water in storage areas or on inside walls.
Seeing how easy it was to re- bed the windows I’d really recommend it.
Could do all 5 easily in a day.
Nice to have dry carpet inside!
LG

Tags
burro