Ventura Renovation! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-19-2016, 09:36 PM   #1

Name: Kris
Trailer: Monarch Ventura
Alberta
Ventura Renovation!

Well its been a week since i purchased my 13' Ventura and since then i felt like i have looked at about every thread on here! you all have inspired me to completely gut the interior and rebuild!

So today i started to pull off all the old panelling and insulation. I patched a couple pieces of fiberglass that were cracked and removed all the appliances. I still need to fix a crack that is above the door... hopefully i didnt bite off more than i can chew!
Attached Thumbnails
image3 (2).JPG   image11.JPG  

image21.JPG   image5.JPG  

Sheepdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 09:07 PM   #2

Name: David
Trailer: 1998 Casita 17 SD
Alberta
Registry
strange spot for that crack, check your frame for cracks . A crack may put a load on the door area. The ventura has a pretty strong frame but someone on here had a cracked frame on one. cracked frame. The guy only had 2 posts and was from Alberta so maybe its yours now. Most of the fiberglass cracks in these Venturas seem to be over the rear window. The other cause may be heavy snow load on the flat roof which can cause the roof supports to break.
Dudley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 10:32 PM   #3

Alberta
I have crawled around under the trailer and the frame seems to be in good shape. So far I have put in a new plywood floor, patched all the fibreglass cracks, ran new wires, put up some new insulation and put up a new ceiling!
Old 04-11-2016, 03:30 PM   #4

Name: Jay
Trailer: Boler 1300
Ontario
Registry
Wow Kris, you have been busy. Sometime all the little things left to do can feel daunting but keep going at it. I really enjoyed working on my own project. I am envious of your straight walls and corners though!
There is an answer for almost every question on here and inspiration for any design.
Jay
Jay H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 11:11 AM   #5

Alberta
Thanks! it has for sure been a lot of work. I hope I can finish it up soon so I can actually take it out and enjoy it!

I have patched all the fiberglass, replaced the sub floor, ran all new wiring, have the new ceiling up and currently working on finishing the insulation.

one question I have is, if I install a rocket water pump, how would I install an electric pump to inline with it... sorta like this

Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2210.jpg   IMG_2207.jpg  

IMG_2208.jpg  
Old 04-15-2016, 12:38 PM   #6

Alberta
Registry
First make sure that your water tank holds water. Most were rotted out and very brittle. New tanks are no longer available. They were the same tanks used in the boler but had the fittings in different spots. The company that made them was in west Edmonton but when they were bought out, they stopped making that tank.
As for the pump, you may have to do a tee fitting with one side for the pump and the other for a one-way check valve. If you can draw water through the pump when not running then the tee's are not nessasary just put the pump in line with the hand pump.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp pump.bmp (63.3 KB, 38 views)
Old 04-20-2016, 10:28 PM   #7

Name: Kim
Trailer: Ventura
Manitoba
I'm a gal and a year ago I gutted and redid my ventura with many messages to dudley he's awesome help BTW ! And only other help I had was my dad in law cutting the wall panels so IMO you can do it and great job so far!!!
Cheyanna83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 02:49 PM   #8

Alberta
Thanks for the information! I currently do not have a water tank so I will have to figure something out for that. I am not sure what route to take yet! also Kim do you happen to have any pictures of yours?
Old 04-21-2016, 02:57 PM   #9

Manitoba
Yes I do not shire how to send mabey in a pm I'll try tonight when home there's somepictures if you look at my thank you post in did last year
As for tank I never could find I think I'd had to take the bolted down board off I just planned to not use easyer lol 30 year old tank who knows what it looks like ew but I replaced the outside ports so if I ever do decide(I found exact same one at a rv store in Brandon MB!)
I took all the electric out and the gas stove,furance
I'm waiting on my new counter to come in right know
Old 05-11-2016, 10:38 PM   #10

Name: Evelyn
Trailer: Currently Shopping
Alberta
I'm thinking of looking at a Ventura. Can anyone tell me how high they are in the interior? And what is the length of the bed? If its only 6' I'll save myself the long drive. It's tough to find information on these guys.
Evelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 10:50 PM   #11

Manitoba
I can measure mine tomorrow my hub is 6 foot and stands fine in it he's not touching the top
Ventura was wider and taller then boler that's why we got this one he fit in it comfy lol
Old 05-11-2016, 10:59 PM   #12

Alberta
I'm assuming he fits in the bed too, then? I'm also 6' and don't always sleep curled up. That my main concern with this unit and the current owner just doesn't know any details. He must be shorter.

I was just told that the Ventura I was looking at sold. I'm so sad suddenly.
Old 05-12-2016, 10:11 AM   #13

Name: Kelly
Trailer: Trails West
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudley View Post
strange spot for that crack, check your frame for cracks . A crack may put a load on the door area. The ventura has a pretty strong frame but someone on here had a cracked frame on one. cracked frame. The guy only had 2 posts and was from Alberta so maybe its yours now. Most of the fiberglass cracks in these Venturas seem to be over the rear window. The other cause may be heavy snow load on the flat roof which can cause the roof supports to break.
Plus of course there are always kids who mess around climbing up on stuff like roofs.
k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 03:52 PM   #14

Alberta
I think the back bed measures about 6'4 if I remember correctly. im 6'3 and just fit!
Old 05-15-2016, 12:03 AM   #15

Alberta
The ventura is back up for sale with a slightly higher price. I'm still interested though. Especially now that I know the bed size . Thanks! One day I'll own a fibreglass trailer too.
Old 05-16-2016, 11:36 AM   #16

Alberta
do you have any information on it or any pictures??
Old 05-16-2016, 11:54 AM   #17

Alberta
They seem to have taken it off of the Facebook page. It was located in Glendon, AB last week. Sold for $800 and is now selling for $1200 out of Wetaskawin, AB. Same trailer though.

Old 05-16-2016, 12:14 PM   #18

Alberta
That does sound like a pretty good deal depending on condition! Also thought I should post a little update on mine.

The walls are pretty much finished, I just have to put the trim pieces on and do a little touch up work. Most of the floor is down and I am now working on the closet and rear benches
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2339.jpg   IMG_2361.jpg  

IMG_2362.jpg  
Old 05-16-2016, 02:01 PM   #19

Alberta
Registry
looking good so far. Now you need some flashing lights and spot light to go with the stripper pole Ya I know its supporting the roof.

Like the paneling, much better than the stock stuff
Old 05-17-2016, 09:34 PM   #20

Alberta
good one! Now every time I am in there, all I can picture is a stripper pole in the middle But yes it is coming along nicely and I cannot wait for it to be finished!!

Tags
ventura