Burro man - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-10-2018, 03:44 AM   #1

Name: Timothy
Trailer: Nomad Skyline
Texas
Burro man

Just bought a 81-87 burro different years in different spots like the titles and haven’t really looked hard at the body for vin or anything.Bought oct 2017.Will post pics later.Need to know if I can replace seam down the middle it’s not leaking just rotted or Can I just flex seal it I’m not looking for aesthetics just watertight.Thankyou for any insight.Keep nomadically living.
Trinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 07:36 AM   #2

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
Look up Trim-lok, it slips over the seam and is just a cover or trim piece. Available in different widths. A Burro owner may have the exact part number for you. Our Uhaul uses the same thing, but I haven't replaced it yet. The shell halves are fiberglassed together and won't leak unless there is a defect in assembly, as I found on our Uhaul.
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 04:53 PM   #3

Name: Timothy
Trailer: Nomad Skyline
Texas
Thankyou

Have decided to just use clear flex seal and see how it fairs for the time being.Its all intact just old and crusty. THE flex seal should seal it.Glaze the cracked stuff up like a donut.Keeping the outside oxidized for now.Any other tips for reupholstery etc replacing top carpet piece over the seam??Anyone also flooring any suggestions on early 80s burro.Thankyou and we hope to be on the road 2k18
Trinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 05:12 PM   #4

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
For the ceiling carpet strip in our Uhaul I used some thin carpet that is made from recycled plastic bottles. I've found it at both Lowes and Home Depot in 6 X 8 foot pieces and they may also have it on the large rolls. Some owners have first glued up that thin foil type insulation, then the carpet over it. I used contact cement, but be careful not to use too much as it can bleed through the carpet. all kinds of other ideas for the ceiling which you may find doing a search. Some owners have insulated their Burro and Uhaul campers by sliding that insulation up between the inner and outer shells and in the storage areas, where ever they could get it in.
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 07:15 PM   #5

Trailer: 93 Burro 17 ft
Some folks put down 'wood look' laminate flooring. Just float it and put some quarter-round pieces over the edges to trim it up.
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
burro