Burro Stereo and taillights - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-24-2018, 02:27 PM   #1

Name: george
Trailer: 1998 burro 17'
Texas
Burro Stereo and taillights

Finished up install of small Bluetooth am/fm radio with weatherband and speakers. I was going to mount an exterior rubber antenna but instead through one of the speaker holes stuffed a rubber antenna between then insulation and exterior wall so I didn’t have to drill a hole outside. Sounds great and I have a 6 ft pole that extends to 12ft and takes an 8ft fiberglass antenna for boonie stuff. It all comes off for traveling. Also replaced the dingy Bargman taillights with new led lights, much brighter. And replaced 12v outlet with a unit that has 12v and dual USB ports
Attached Thumbnails
3F3956B9-0912-410E-B11B-05FA84C3B987.jpg   8260DF95-B9CB-4D70-B0EE-8B82A1C59804.jpg  

CF194EB2-8FA5-4F9F-BD3A-D97FAC4989C6.jpg   AE6A5730-7B04-4821-B466-C943A0B765B7.jpg  

george w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 01:43 PM   #2

Name: G
Trailer: Damon
Alberta
burro stereo

Hey George, you gotta love those LED's! Huge safety bang for the buck.. Where did you find the am/fm unit with weather? I've been looking for a while. Thanks W.
workhorsed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 02:37 PM   #3

Name: bob
Trailer: Was A-Liner now 13f Scamp
Missouri
now someone finds one after i just installed a radio. i carved out the board between the 2 front cabinnets but i did install an outside ant. too bad i didn't think about georges idea

bob
k0wtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 06:33 PM   #4

Texas
It is a Planet audio 3.5” radio I bought on ebay. Fits in a 3” hole. The led lighting was a big improvement inside and out
Old 03-26-2018, 06:37 PM   #5

Missouri
lost me

George you lost me when you said Bluetooth. does this work in conuunction with your phone? see how dumb and lost I am!!

no idea there

bob
Old 03-26-2018, 09:20 PM   #6

Texas
Yes. I connect with my iPad but a smart phone ( I still use a flip phone to the chagrin of my son an apple engineer) works fine too. Reception is good with the antenna between the insulation/radiant barrier and fiberglass outer shell. I know on my old sailboat you could epoxy mount the depth finder transducer solid to the fiberglass hull as the glass was basically transparent to the sound waves. Same with radio waves?
Old 03-27-2018, 06:33 AM   #7

Missouri
went a differernt route

I got a short flexible antenna off amazon drilled a small hole in the kitchen sink area and mounted it. in front cut a hole in the board mounted the radio.

we both got there but different ways I use track fone so that would gobble up my time quick!

bob
Old 03-27-2018, 09:07 AM   #8

Texas
Bluetooth should not affect you phone minutes like a phone call
Old 03-27-2018, 09:10 AM   #9

Missouri
got me

George no idea what you are talking about Bluetooth a total mystery to me!

bob
Old 03-27-2018, 11:44 AM   #10

Texas
I just recently started using it myself after my son giving me a tutorial ( aw come on dad it’s not that hard! ). Just a wireless connection from your phone or tablet and the stereo instead of a usb cord. Not too hard, just ask any teenager!
Old 03-27-2018, 11:59 AM   #11

Missouri
wish i had help

maybe at 76 my kids have given up on me. I started a business with a kaypro 20meg computer 30 years ago but I had my son to help.

20 megs I thought I had it under control I think my little table will do that now!

crazy what is still to come!!

bob
Old 03-27-2018, 04:09 PM   #12

Alberta
burro stereo and lights

Hey George etal, I looked the stereo up on amzn, looks pretty good! My hearing aids are Bluetooth compatible, does any one know if it will handle different hearing aid brands simultaneously? DW's are a different brand! My army signals training says it should as it is an unprotected very short range UHF frequency. i.e. no privacy code. Thoughts please and many thank you's!!
Old 03-27-2018, 04:34 PM   #13

Name: Kelly
Trailer: Trails West
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by workhorsed View Post
Hey George etal, I looked the stereo up on amzn, looks pretty good! My hearing aids are Bluetooth compatible, does any one know if it will handle different hearing aid brands simultaneously? DW's are a different brand! My army signals training says it should as it is an unprotected very short range UHF frequency. i.e. no privacy code. Thoughts please and many thank you's!!
It has a bluetooth connection input so that you can send an audio file to it from a device such as a cell phone, Ipod or an andrioid version of such, a table or perhaps a laptop.

What you are wanting it to do is not the bluetooth connection type the mechless device posted in this thread has. It is an input and you are wanting an output.

What you will need to send the sound to your hearing aids is a bluetooth device that connect to the standard cabled audio outputs for speakers on TVs, radios, car radios, computers, etc. I would check with the maker of your hearing aids to see if they have one that is reliably compatible for producing the best quality of sound for your specific devices. Your "speakers" are very sensitive devices and the sounds from an off the shelf unit from Ebay, Amazon, Best Buy etc may not produce good quality audio coming out of your hearing aids. They have a much more complex design than regular headphone speakers. You will need to do some research and read reviews that are specific for hearing aid audio streaming devices.
k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 05:55 PM   #14

Texas
I don’t know anything about hearings aids (yet ) so I would have to defer to someone on that
Old 03-30-2018, 02:24 PM   #15

Alberta
burro stereo bluetooth

Thanks all for your input. I already have the little audio out BT dongle and it works great with our HA's. The main appeal of George's installation was having WX capability in the same device. I see so many BT enabled devices nowadays and it's great, but maybe it is time to be labeling them as input only or output only or maybe they should all just be full duplex.

still looking for either a small inexpensive stand alone WX rcvr or a car stereo with that capability, preferably for a single DIN installation.
Old 03-30-2018, 08:21 PM   #16

Texas
I bought a Dual brand single din stereo a few years ago for my sailboat that had Weatherband, don’t know if still available. Was a regular car stereo, not marine
Old 03-30-2018, 08:23 PM   #17

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Why not just download Weather Network app to your smart phone?
Old 03-31-2018, 08:06 AM   #18

Texas
I don’t use a smart phone, plus I’ve been to a lot of places with no cell service. Besides sometimes I like listening to the NOAH weather broadcasts, something I did a lot of in my sailboat days

Tags
burro, light, lights