ON 1980 Beachcomber 15'-$3,000 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-14-2013, 12:35 PM   #1

Name: Lou
Trailer: Beachcomber 1980 15"
Ontario
1980 Beachcomber 15'-$3,000

Beautiful little travel trailer. So easy to haul and move around. I renovated the inside to replace the front bench to storage and two seater cafe table. I also tub enclosed the bathroom, added shower floor and drain so that one could have a stand-up shower using portable system. Works great. I am in the process of replacing the floor and fixing the top hinge on the door. I replaced the lock on the door so that there is an inside deadbolt (better system than the original Beringer? lock). I've removed most of the decals as I planned on buffing the fibreglass to make it look even cuter. The electronic fridge is 3 years old. I have a replacement roof vent but haven't replaced it yet. I removed the front shade thing because it was falling off, but the window still leaks a bit even after I gobbed caulking everywhere. Sorry. It's a really sweet trailer and I hate to sell it but I have to. Price ranges from $2500 to ??? depends on how much more I have to do to it. If you're looking to make a small trailer your own, now is time to take it off my hands.
Attached Thumbnails
Sml beachcomber.jpg   Sml beachcomber2.jpg  

Sml Beachcomber3.jpg   Sml Beachcomber4.jpg  

Sml Beachcomber5.jpg   Sml Beachcomber6.jpg  

Sml Beachcomber7.jpg   Sml Beachcomber8.jpg  

Old 03-14-2013, 01:37 PM   #2

Trailer: Trillium 4500
Registry
Nice little trailer. Looks like it's worth $2500 to me. I bet the fridge alone was $800.
Old 03-15-2013, 11:29 AM   #3

Ontario
You're right. $888.00 +tax. Impossible to find good used ones, so had to purchase new. It's great, except, the new electronic appliances need fully charged 12V battery to operate when on propane. Now you need a generator or solar to recharge. I understand the safety issues, but it makes off the grid more challenging. $2500 is the "as is" price and considering the issues, that's a bargain. L.
Old 03-15-2013, 11:42 AM   #4

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Lou your price considering historical prices for the Beachcombers around here is very reasonable.

other sales of Beachcombers:
Beachcomber sold in Calgary Alberta Feb 2013 asking $4500

A 1974 Beachcomber sold in Cochrane Alberta - Feb 2013 - asking $4,900

A 1977 Beachcomber sold in the fall of 2012 in Grand Forks BC - asking price $6500
Old 03-15-2013, 12:22 PM   #5

Ontario
Hi Carol: Nice to see another girl towing. These small ones are so easy to move around. To be honest, any 33 year old trailer is going to have issues, and this one is no different. It's in great shape considering the age and the renovations I've made are by no means professional, but they make it so much more user friendly. I don't want to put any more $ into this one and I'm hoping for a quick sale. I'm hoping someone will want to take it on as a labour of love who has the skills to do it right. The major issue with Boler's and I see now the Beachcomber's, is the door falls off. Big issue. What really needs to be done here is take the interior door area, reinforce it and then go from there. If it was issue free, I'd ask $5000 and get it for sure. But, it's not and I'm trying to be honest and fair. Thanks for the comments and happy trailering. Lou
Old 03-15-2013, 12:32 PM   #6

Name: Francesca Knowles
Trailer: '78 Trillium 4500
Jefferson County, Washington State, U.S.A.
Registry
I see no mention of the Title in the O.P....do you have it, and is it registered to you?

Francesca
Old 03-15-2013, 01:26 PM   #7

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by algomamoon View Post
If it was issue free, I'd ask $5000 and get it for sure. But, it's not and I'm trying to be honest and fair. Thanks for the comments and happy trailering. Lou
Good for you, as you know it would be nice if all sellers where that honest.
Good luck with it but I suspect if you put it up for sale on Craigslist it will go fast.
Old 03-16-2013, 11:50 AM   #8

Ontario
thanks Carol. My seller wasn't honest with me and this was my first trailer. I was a total newbe. It was still a good buy, but knowledge is everything.
Hello Francesco. Not sure what you mean Title? in the O.P.? If you mean is this my trailer? then yes and I have the ownership.
Old 03-16-2013, 12:53 PM   #9

Registry
Lou funny you should ask about the meaning of "title". I actually sent Francesca a PM explaining that in Canada more often than not if you ask a Canadian about whether or not they have "the Title" you are going to get a "what the heck is that?" response.

As I explained to her, what we have in place of what is commonly called a Title document in the US is what we call a Chattel Mortgage Register or a Personal Property Security Register (different in each Province as to what they call it), where you can plug in the serial number of the car, boat or RV that you are purchasing and find out if it has any leans registered against it. If nothing comes up in the data base it is what we call "Free and Clear of incumbents". Most common for the purchaser to do the search - ie car or boat dealer will always do one before they take a trade in. It doesn't normally cost a lot to do a research - different in each province $8 to $20. For example in Ontario the data base can be found at Government of Ontario, Canada | Gouvernement de l'Ontario, Canada | Ontario.ca Services Canada. Not common for the seller to do the search for the purchaser but it would be a good selling feature if someone is hoping to sell the trailer to a US buyer who is wanting to being given a "Title" document.

If the seller has Registration papers in their name for the trailer (If it has current plates on it then its a good bet they have the papers needed - trailers in Canada need their own plates and insurance that cant be gotten without a registered in their name) those documents will also have a section or a separate forum the seller will need to sign off on for the Ownership Transfer and that's what anyone buying a trailer in Canada whether they are planning on keeping it in Canada or taking it across the line to the US will *have to have* in order to get it registered in their own name or to even get it across the border. Not at an easy thing to get a trailer without Registration/Ownership Transfer papers in the sellers name transferred into your own if the seller doesn't have them regardless of if the trailer stays in Canada or not. As some have found it can be impossible.
Old 03-18-2013, 12:06 PM   #10

Ontario
Hi Carol: Thanks for that reply. We have the same thing for vehicles and it makes sense to have it for trailers too. I have full title if anyone needs to know.
Old 03-20-2013, 10:52 AM   #11

Trailer: Boler 1984
Ontario is a big big place. It's even bigger than Texas. What part of the province are you situated in?
Old 03-21-2013, 07:50 AM   #12

Ontario
I am east of Sault Ste Marie, 18km west of Blind River.
Old 06-24-2013, 05:53 PM   #13

Name: Sandy
Trailer: Dolphin 15 ft
Ottawa, ON
Registry
Taking a shot in the dark

Hi,
Considering there have been no posts since March, you have probably sold this trailer. But I figured I would take a chance and check if it is sold or not.
Let me know
Sandy
Old 06-25-2013, 08:04 AM   #14

Ontario
Beachcomber

No I have not sold the trailer yet but I have fixed it up a bit and will change the price to $3000.00. Still a bargain. I am in Northern Ontario, half way between Sault Ste Marie and Sudbury, just in case you want to see it in person.
Old 07-08-2013, 08:31 PM   #15

Ottawa, ON
Registry
We are in Ottawa and I am still trying to plan a trip to Sudbury. I'll be in touch if I can set it up.
Old 07-09-2013, 10:24 AM   #16

Ontario
Ok. I am 2 hours west of Sudbury. Please call me at 705-843-0884. Lou.
Old 07-10-2013, 06:53 PM   #17

Ottawa, ON
Registry
While I was trying to plan a trip to see you, a trailer came up locally and I have decided to buy it. It's not as nice as yours, but I hope I can make it our home away from home.
Thanks.
Old 07-21-2013, 04:18 PM   #18

Name: Mike
Trailer: in the market
Quebec
Quote:
Originally Posted by algomamoon View Post
Beautiful little travel trailer. So easy to haul and move around. I renovated the inside to replace the front bench to storage and two seater cafe table. I also tub enclosed the bathroom, added shower floor and drain so that one could have a stand-up shower using portable system. Works great. I am in the process of replacing the floor and fixing the top hinge on the door. I replaced the lock on the door so that there is an inside deadbolt (better system than the original Beringer? lock). I've removed most of the decals as I planned on buffing the fibreglass to make it look even cuter. The electronic fridge is 3 years old. I have a replacement roof vent but haven't replaced it yet. I removed the front shade thing because it was falling off, but the window still leaks a bit even after I gobbed caulking everywhere. Sorry. It's a really sweet trailer and I hate to sell it but I have to. Price ranges from $2500 to ??? depends on how much more I have to do to it. If you're looking to make a small trailer your own, now is time to take it off my hands.
Hi my name is Mike where are you in On thanks I am in Montréal

Tags
beachcomber