Beachcomber B15 Renovation - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-29-2014, 03:24 PM   #41

Trailer: Beachcomber TM15
Registry
Hey Happy New Year all Beachcomber campers.

Truely awesome to see others rebuilding these excellent eclectic travel trailers.

I have some more plans for mine this coming year and I will be trying out some new materials on it as well.

Cheers,
Rick.
Rick n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 09:22 AM   #42

Name: Kevin
Trailer: 197? Beachcomber
Manitoba
Update

Paneling installation has begun.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3382.jpg   File 2015-06-10, 10 20 34 AM.jpg  

goggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 11:08 PM   #43

Manitoba
Paneling is finished. Started working on the interior now. I'm changing the bench seat into a split with a small table in the middle that I can leave setup but with the option to make it into a bench again. Bed will be more permanent but part of it will be removable to allow for a few more people to sit inside if the weather is not playing nice.
Attached Thumbnails
File 2015-07-22, 8 05 59 AM.jpg   File 2015-07-22, 8 04 52 AM.jpg  

File 2015-08-11, 12 04 11 AM.jpg  
Old 09-04-2015, 07:39 AM   #44

Manitoba
Starting to see some good progress now

I have been able to spend a bit more time on it now and have made some good progress. Bed area is ready for some type of mattress or cushions. I may just use an airbed initially until I decide what to do with cushions because I made a portion of the bed area removable to allow for more room for guests. Closet is started. Counter is almost ready for the counter top and sink. Fridge enclosure is done but the fridge still needs to be secured in place. Here are a few pics.

Does anyone have ideas for the bed cushions? Foam? Material? Size?
I was thinking of getting 2 cushions for the back half because the plywood is removable for access to storage. 2 smaller ones for the front corners and one to fit the center removable piece.
Attached Thumbnails
File 2015-08-31, 10 37 23 AM.jpg   File 2015-08-31, 10 37 42 AM.jpg  

File 2015-09-04, 12 15 51 AM.jpg  
Old 09-04-2015, 08:12 AM   #45

Name: Jennifer
Trailer: 1979 Scamp 13'
Colorado
Registry
Looking good! I think your cushion plan sounds great.
Is there enough room at the front for a dinette set up, or would maybe a flip up table be a more useful idea?
Zennifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 08:37 AM   #46

Manitoba
I wanted to have a more permanent bed so it will have a 2 seat dinette on the other side that will also drop down to sleep one more if needed.
Old 10-31-2015, 12:07 AM   #47

Name: Peter
Trailer: G30 Elite Class C
British Columbia
Looking for Cadet Trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by goggles View Post
I have not seen a repair manual while I have been searching for info on the camper. If you find one, please let us know, I'm sure there would be others that would be interested in a look at it also.
Out of site work your doing on that trailer almost looks like you built boats a time or two. Cedar is a good choice as it can take a heck of a lot of water to rot it and it is nice and light with a good aroma.
U mentioned wanting a place to go where all the history is then it is up the WEB master of this site to set a Search section for all of repairs, manuals, info can be sent so others can go to that site like we have on Studebaker Truck Talk but funny thing I go there and I tons of inside info but it still gets to how many times the same question is asked and answered again and again when all they would have to is go search?
Just my inside on what u asked.
stude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 12:23 AM   #48

British Columbia
Manuals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Owners/users manuals for all molded towable trailer brands are notorious for lacking information. But it does make sense (why should a TT manufacturer recreate the wheel when appliance (etc.) manufacturers already have the info). So, check the Document Center for any appliance (etc.) manual that matches your trailers appliances.
Donna D, what would be nice is all the people who own FG trailers and have done repairs, or total restorations on them sure would be nice if somehow when at a meet they could put down their thoughts and do a manual for others to share or use when doing their own resto's. If their is a proper club like the Museum in Elkhart, Indiana see if they could use the capitol to support their museum or your own club. It is a way for all to get access in how to glue their wood back into place the products to use, if screws, Glue, Bolts, etc are used if they recover the screws etc with FG to stop rust problems so water gets back into those areas.
And on & on and so on.
Stude
Old 10-31-2015, 12:39 AM   #49

British Columbia
Cushions

Quote:
I have been able to spend a bit more time on it now and have made some good progress. Bed area is ready for some type of mattress or cushions. I may just use an airbed initially until I decide what to do with cushions because I made a portion of the bed area removable to allow for more room for guests. Closet is started. Counter is almost ready for the counter top and sink. Fridge enclosure is done but the fridge still needs to be secured in place. Here are a few pics.

Does anyone have ideas for the bed cushions? Foam? Material? Size?
I was thinking of getting 2 cushions for the back half because the plywood is removable for access to storage. 2 smaller ones for the front corners and one to fit the center removable piece.
We used Foam for the table seats, where the 3rd person sleeps. The Highest Density foam we can buy in Canada #2050 and it is fairly firm but I like Firm and not sink down into it especially when setting down to eat at the table.
While here I would like to ask the Senior Members where I can put in a Bunch of RV places we have come across in our travels around and in the USA, to help any who might need parts etc. Is there a special place to put this info.
Stude
Old 10-31-2015, 12:44 AM   #50

British Columbia
Googles "insulation"?

Quote:
Paneling is finished. Started working on the interior now. I'm changing the bench seat into a split with a small table in the middle that I can leave setup but with the option to make it into a bench again. Bed will be more permanent but part of it will be removable to allow for a few more people to sit inside if the weather is not playing nice.
What kind of Insulation did you use Red FG or Foam? If not the foam why when u had it all apart. You can get do it yourself spray in 2 bottles that look like propane bottles for about $300 Canadian us probably cheaper. Works hot dog but whatever You do don't get it on your body because it will be there till the day u pass on. If in the Hair you will have to cut it all off, so buy the appropriate suiting one can buy for doing this job, gloves, hat and a mask.
Stude

Tags
beachcomber