Escape Trailer - How It's Made - Page 4 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-10-2018, 01:37 PM   #61

Name: Steve
Trailer: Escape 15A
Minnesota
Registry
Well said...looking forward to retirement so I can do much more of that. Still a ways off though.
Steve Carlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 11:16 AM   #62

Name: Frank
Trailer: 2012 ParkLiner #006
New York
That is a great video (post #1) that I also saw earlier this month. We will be selling our Parkliner next spring, and ordering a 5.0TA. Very much looking forward to it.

On the other hand, our Parkliner has been a great RV, and we've not only had fun with it, we've made a number of improvements to it, some of which got picked up by Parkliner and offered as options! We simply want something a bit larger in retirement. Speaking of which, I have 238 days to go, but who's counting?

Thanks,

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
2013 4wd 4 door F150 3.5L Ecoboost with 9200# tow package
frank_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 09:37 AM   #63

Name: Paul
Trailer: '04 Scamp 19D, TV:Tacoma 3.5L 4door, SB
Colorado
And today you have 237 days to go! I did enjoy my work in all my (forty plus years) career. However, when I was that close, I was also counting, but not telling. I retired giving a two-week notice. Those last months were a great time of excitement and anticipation, thinking of all those travel plans that were on the back burner for years, and much more. Best wishes.
Paul O. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 09:57 AM   #64

Name: Frank
Trailer: 2012 ParkLiner #006
New York
Thanks Paul. December 7, 2018 will be it! Sell the Parkliner, buy a late model 1/2 ton pickup, get what I need to install a 5th wheel, buy an Escape 5.0TA (well, for the most part, ya gotta order one). Whoohoo!

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
2013 4wd 4 door F150 3.5L Ecoboost with 9200# tow package
frank_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 01:08 PM   #65

Name: Adrian
Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA
Manitoba
Frank you may be lucky and find a nearly new one as ee did. Picking it up in May. Once we both have our 5.0TA's hope to meet eventually.

Adrian
emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 03:00 PM   #66

Name: bob
Trailer: Was A-Liner now 13f Scamp
Missouri
been retired here for 15 years what a ball I have had worked hard since I was 8 years old. couldn't believe it when I hit 62. wow fun after that serving no one but my own desires!

never one regret oh wait some of my customers I had dealt with for 35 years that was sort of hard but then again i am not sure if they missed me or not! i think of some of those wonderful people from time to time!

bob
k0wtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 04:32 PM   #67

Name: Jack
Trailer: Casita Liberty
Virginia
OLIVER?

Not everyone has 50 thousand dollars to spend. The fiberglass trailers come in different flavors and all of them are good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageracer View Post
Given the good reputation of Escape trailers I am totally surprised at some of primitive manufacturing methods and the use of so much wood in the manufacturing of an Escape trailer as shown in this video. Having never been to their factory personally to see their manufacturing process in person I expected a much more modern structural design, assembly methods and use of more modern materials than is depicted in this video.

After watching this video showing the Escape trailer manufacturing process and the materials used in production of the Escape brand of trailer I now find MYSELF far more impressed with the design, manufacturing methods and materials used to build the Oliver brand of fiberglass trailers than I was before watching this video. I have personally toured the Oliver trailer plant during the production and witnessed a far more "Modern" method of production and use of more "Modern" materials in their trailers.

Yes the Oliver is more expensive however in my opinion I now can clearly see that this added expense to purchase an Oliver brand trailer to "ME" would be well worth the extra money spent when comparing the these two reputable fiberglass trailer manufacturer's products and manufacturing process's.
jgilliam1955 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
escape