Hi I'm Deb with questions and an 03 Scamp 16 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-09-2018, 05:01 PM   #1

Name: Deb
Trailer: 2003 Scamp 16
Michigan
Hi I'm Deb with questions and an 03 Scamp 16

Finally bought a Scamp after lurking on these forums. Put new tires on it and got the bearings checked before we got on the road. Got her home and gave it a good wash and some wax..... got some leaking so rivets/snap caps next project...good news the cover that came with it is new.
So thought I would try to get it dewinterized….ran some water into the tank and checked inside....water flowing under pump! Found an unconnected hose (black threaded connector), coming from the water tank, and also found an clear tube with no connector on one end fastened to the input on the pump on the other with some RV antifreeze in it. It didn't want to unscrew from the pump....so should these somehow connect? Am I missing something?
Trudys Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 05:06 PM   #2

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Sounds like they disconnected the fresh water from the pump and ran a hose to a bottle of antifreeze so they could use the pump to fill the lines with antifreeze. I would remove that hose that has no connector on one end and reconnect the fresh water hose to the pump.
Old 07-09-2018, 06:05 PM   #3

Name: Deb
Trailer: 2003 Scamp 16
Michigan
THANK YOU....yes. Just went out and put some muscle on the clear tube connected to the pump and got it off, connected the black fitting, turned the pump on and VOILA! I just wasn't sure what the heck to do there, I had tried to unscrew it, but wasn't coming....afraid to break something. This Scamp has been stored for some time, and apparently there was some sealant applied to the pump threads....so it was ON there. Will fill the tank tomorrow and check for leaks....THANK YOU AGAIN!
Trudys Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 06:36 PM   #4

Name: Tom
Trailer: Sprinter 'til I buy
Denver, CO
Good post, Glenn.
Tom 72 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp