Finally got to see a Parkliner - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-23-2018, 10:04 AM   #1
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
Finally got to see a Parkliner

After several attempts a few years back to visit the factory and the recent thread discussing the factory closure, I figured the only way I'd ever see a Parkliner was in a campground. But as we passed the one and only T@B dealer in Vermont, there was a new 2019 on the lot. We had to stop and have a look. Unfortunately the unit was sold and ready for pickup so we were limited to looking through the door. The fit and finish inside and out looked good. There was no screen door, replaced by a large screened window built into the main door. The two pane windows on the original model were replaced by a frameless awning window that opened perhaps 4-5". Sticker price was $39k, discounted by the dealer to $29k. I have no idea what it actually sold for. I asked how long a wait to get one, the saleman said "when do you want it". I asked about custom ordering and he indicated there were no options, everything was included. He knew nothing about Chandler and the history or factory closings. As far as he knows they are still in production. It will be interesting to see if he gets another one any time soon.
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 06:55 AM   #2

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Steep mark-ups, deep discounts, no flexibility- welcome to the dealer distribution model! Given the upgrades over the first edition, $29K isn't outrageous if the build quality is there.

They seem to be finding buyers, so that's a good thing.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 07:25 AM   #3

Name: Steve
Trailer: 2018, 21ft escape— 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
NW Wisconsin
Thanks Raz for the updates . We have only one dealer in Wisconsin and as of this spring he did not have one on his lot . Maybe this time Parkliner will make a go of it , I hope so !
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 08:20 AM   #4
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
What's appealing to me is the queen bed, dinnete and shower all in a 15' package. The trailer is tall which gives the impression it is bigger than it is. I really don't want a bathroom but could live with it but the windows are a deal breaker for me. I'm really not in the market but this one is interesting.
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 10:47 AM   #5

Name: Tom
Trailer: Sprinter 'til I buy
Denver, CO
It is hard to sort out the players without a program.

The T@B, T@G, and Cirrus pickup camper are products of nucamp. Nucamp's website also claims they manufacture Little Guys. Perhaps Liberty Outdoors (below) is more of a marketer/distributer than manufacturer. (?)
https://nucamprv.com/

Parkliner & Little Guy trailers are products of Liberty Outdoors Llc, who also produce the Serro Scotty.
http://golibertyoutdoors.com/
Tom 72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 01:25 PM   #6

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
ParkLiner "Options"

One item (of many) that we are miffed about in our 2016 PL, is the low profile toilet. We need a higher one. Although SeaLand, the manufacturer, offers both and we asked for the high profile one; PL installed the low one. When asked why, they said that they had never installed the high one. OK, so we were able to find a toilet riser seat that fits. and PL reimbursed us for it.
Another item: the rear tail/stop/turn signal lights are not LEDs. They should be, plus they should be mounted up higher, along with a high center brake light.
Wayne Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 06:07 AM   #7

Name: Kip
Trailer: 2003 Casita 17' SD Deluxe, Towed by '09 Honda Ridgeline.
Georgia
Does the fiberglass wrap under the Parkliner from belly band to belly band as on a Casita. Or go under only part way as with a Scamp?

Went in a friends Parkliner recently. It was 2-3 years old. Fit and finish appeared very good. And the upper cabinet storage was impressive. It seemed wider inside than our Casita 17'SD The main downside was the small fridge.

I'm trying to find the value. $29k-$39k seems high for a 15'er. Although the Airstream "Base Camp" is way more than that.

Thx
kip
Kip in Ga. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 09:00 AM   #8

Name: John
Trailer: '71 Boler, '87 Play-Mor II
Deep South
We had a Parkliner demo at the rally we hosted the last weekend of May in Hiawassee Georgia. Liberty Outdoors who owns Parkliner arranged to have it there via their local dealer Southland RV out of Norcross GA. I have always like the Parkliners layout personally even before the build changes including the double hull. Before I learned of Parkliner I redesigned the interior of my Boler to a very similar layout with a front bath, curb side toilet and a street side bunk with leg room that went underneath the vanity of the bathroom. Being ours was only 13' we sacrificed the kitchenette to accomplish this but it is strikingly similar to a ParkLiner layout, so much so the first time I saw a ParkLiner I immediately got my wife to show her "Look there is my design!" lol.

As far the new dealer network and closing of the NC factory, I was told from a reliable source the NC facility was closed due to production issues and to improve on the quality, so I would say that is a good thing for the Parkliner and future owners. The price is reflective of the double hull as the other double hull players are even higher priced if my memory serves me well.

To anyone who attended our rally and seen that Parkliner, we REALLY liked the sliming mirror on the bathroom door, that was a hit and a laughable selling point.
Old 06-30-2018, 03:57 PM   #9

Name: Robert
Trailer: 2018 Parkliner
Utah
Talking Slimming mirror

I have to chuckle at the mention of a slimming mirror in the Parkliner. We have a 2018 model, and my wife has commented that the mirror on the shower door makes her look slimmer. Doesn't seem to work for me, but told the wife she was actually slimmer. Peace in the campground.
ecmbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 01:38 PM   #10

Name: Frank
Trailer: 2012 ParkLiner #006
New York
If you want a great Parkliner, look no further!

We just listed ours for sale. Yes, it has all the virtues you mention. It has the inside air conditioner that has always served us well. It was fully optioned at the time of manufacture, and has been significantly improved by the owners. It comes with a Calmark custom cover as well.

It worked great for us for short trips and two week excursions, but we're going larger for retirement, as we plan to be gone longer.

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...ner-86654.html

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
2013 4wd 4 door F150 3.5L Ecoboost with 9200# tow package
frank_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 12:55 AM   #11

Name: Aaron
Trailer: 2000 Bigfoot 21RB, & 92 Vanagon Westy
Idaho
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom 72 View Post
It is hard to sort out the players without a program.

The T@B, T@G, and Cirrus pickup camper are products of nucamp. Nucamp's website also claims they manufacture Little Guys. Perhaps Liberty Outdoors (below) is more of a marketer/distributer than manufacturer. (?)
https://nucamprv.com/

Parkliner & Little Guy trailers are products of Liberty Outdoors Llc, who also produce the Serro Scotty.
http://golibertyoutdoors.com/
Nucamp is the distribution arm of Pleasant Valley (who have been making T@B's since taking over from Dutchman). Pleasant Valley and Little Guy used to be different parts of the same company, but Pleasant Valley split off from Little Guy, back when Nucamp was created (couple years ago). Pleasant Valley took T@B, T@G and Cirrus with them, while Little Guy started making the Max, and Mini-Max (these are similar in styling to the T@B ).

Yes Liberty Outdoors is the distributor for Little Guy, Parkliner, and a few others.
1500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 06:45 AM   #12

Name: Robert
Trailer: Shopping
North Carolina
No 2019 Parkliner Production...

In response to an inquiry I made through the Parkliner site regarding current features of the Parkliner, Larry at Bumgarner Camping Sales wrote "it is double wall fiberglass stopped production will not be any 2019 skipped it starting back around feb. with 2020 they closed plant in nc went to penn". So I suppose there are many of you that knew this already but this is from one of the dealers.
rdcastle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 06:51 AM   #13

Name: Frank
Trailer: 2012 ParkLiner #006
New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdcastle View Post
In response to an inquiry I made through the Parkliner site regarding current features of the Parkliner, Larry at Bumgarner Camping Sales wrote "it is double wall fiberglass stopped production will not be any 2019 skipped it starting back around feb. with 2020 they closed plant in nc went to penn". So I suppose there are many of you that knew this already but this is from one of the dealers.
I for one do NOT get the big deal about double wall on a small trailer like the Parkliner. How many folks need anything like that? We have camped three seasons with ours (through hot and cold) and never been uncomfortable. We both love this trailer, but we're retiring and want something larger.

Ours is now for sale for 1/2 of what they're selling these new ones for.

I guess it's only money.

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
2013 4wd 4 door F150 3.5L Ecoboost with 9200# tow package
frank_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 08:08 PM   #14

Name: C.
Trailer: T@B
Illinois
[QUOTE=1500;714994] Pleasant Valley and Little Guy used to be different parts of the same company, but Pleasant Valley split off from Little Guy, back when Nucamp was created (couple years ago). Pleasant Valley took T@B, T@G and Cirrus with them, while Little Guy started making the Max, and Mini-Max (these are similar in styling to the T@B ).

When Dutchmen shut down production in 2009 of the T@B, Pleasant Valley Teardrop Trailers obtained the rights. Little Guy Trailers was the marketing arm for Pleasant Valley Trailers from 2011-April 2017, when their contract wasn't renewed. Pleasant Valley Trailers formed nuCamp and continues to build T@B, T@G, and Cirrus and will have a prototype of a larger trailer, called the Euro, at the Hershey show this week.
In mid 2016, Little Guy moved the manufacture of Little Guy Teardrops, MyPods & Silver Shadow Teardrops to a new facility, and then picked up Scotty and Park Liner.
Bakerkids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 09:07 AM   #15

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Wow! My head's spinning!

That kind of rapid change in ownership seems to characterize the RV industry as a whole. RV manufacturing is a highly cyclical business, and the casualty rate in every downturn is high.

Molded fiberglass is not immune to convoluted changes in ownership. Trillium and Bigfoot come to mind. The Boler-to-Scamp/Casita transition was messy.

The world of Scamp, Casita, and Escape- stable, family-owned operations- is a good place to be. I'd say the jury's still out on whether Parkliner will ever make it to long-term stability.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 12:06 PM   #16

Name: C.
Trailer: T@B
Illinois
I stated above that nuCamp would have a prototype of a larger trailer, called the Euro, at the Hershey show this week. I saw a video, and it's called the Aria. Sorry. Oops.
Bakerkids is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
parkliner