Composting Toilette Anyone? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-28-2016, 06:40 PM   #1

Name: Robert
Trailer: Shopping
North Carolina
Composting Toilette Anyone?

I understand there may be a Parkliner out there with a composting toilette vs the other more traditional options offered? PM me if you have this system in your PL. Thanks!!
rdcastle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 07:20 PM   #2

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
Florida
Registry
Several threads on this topic in the past. Try doing a search on this topic if nobody sends you a PM.

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
Old 08-29-2016, 07:35 AM   #3

Name: Sandra
Trailer: Parkliner SOLD November 2017
South Carolina
Registry
Parkliner comes standard with a port-a-potty, which I assume is a cassette type. Or you can upgrade to a flush toilet (black water tank).

Lil Snoozy also uses a cassette toilet, but does not have an option for a black water tank.

I'm sure either manufacturer would work with you to install a composting toilet.
Sandy54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 07:58 AM   #4

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
As far as I know, Parkliner's porta-potty is just that. Lil Snoozy is the only MFTT to offer a cassette toilet.

Personally I doubt any manufacturer will install a composting toilet, but some will accommodate a delete option on the factory toilet so you can install your own. You'll likely be on you own to get power to the toilet.
Jon in AZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 08:13 AM   #5

Name: Steve
Trailer: Casita
Georgia
There's a guy on the casitaforum that installed one of these--happy so far, but still testing.

Air Head Composting Toilet | For Boats, RVs & Cabins | Environmental Toilets with Compact Convenience:
Old 08-29-2016, 10:10 AM   #6

Name: Walter
Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B
SW Virginia
I talked to Tom Bass in June and he told me that Parkliner does install a composting toilet for a fee, but the buyer must supply it. I didn't get the specific model.

Walt
Old 08-29-2016, 11:36 AM   #7

Name: Moe
Trailer: In the market
Alaska
C-head has a well thought-out design that doesn't require power or a vent (venting is optional). I've had one for about 6 months now, and no complaints. For boondocking, I think dry systems are the way to go. If you spend all of your time in parks with hook-ups, a black-water tank is an easier option.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Fiberglass RV mobile app
Woodchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 04:03 PM   #8

Name: Ray
Trailer: Casita
Arizona
Compost

Check out the brand NaturesHead. I tried to have Casita leave out the pot but was told they did not make assemble line changes. Given a choice I would have used black water tank as an extra potable water tank and installed a NaturesHead compost toilet. No fuss and no mess. Empty every three or four weeks.
rsalyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 04:45 PM   #9

Name: Leslie
Trailer: Parkliner
North Carolina
I am the test case for their first installation of a composting toilet. I picked up my new Parkliner less than two weeks ago and spent 3 nights out in a field with it. The toilet I bought is Nature's Head and I am happy I made the decision. The Parkliner formed bathroom is intended for their macerating toilet or a porta-potty. Therefore, the larger composting (Nature's Head Brand) toilet does take up more room. If the users are significantly large or long-limbed it may be cramped.
Leslie14 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
parkliner