Seeking Beachcomber door handle replacement (seen in older post) - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-31-2018, 10:11 PM   #1

Name: Hannah
Trailer: Beachcomber
Alberta
Seeking Beachcomber door handle replacement (seen in older post)

Hello everyone, I had seen a post somewhere in a beachcomber thread about replacement locking door handles? A photo and a comment that someone knew where to source them at a decent/fair price? Does anyone recall? I think the bolers have the same manufactured handles...
Mspotentialseer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 05:25 AM   #2

Name: Chris
Trailer: Beachcomber
Nova Scotia
Registry
If you can find the elusive Bargman L-400 (which is what is in the door) it will cost you $600-1000. They are very rare and have disappeared from the market.

There is a company that makes a replacement kit for the boiler campers that will unfortunately not fit on the beachcomber, due to the thickness of the door and the profile of the interior of the door. However, you can use the exact same method that the kit uses, and make your own parts to make it work.

Here’s a shot of how ours turned out.

Original
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1233.JPG
Views:	26
Size:	337.9 KB
ID:	123034

Made a aluminum plate to cover the old door handle hole. Put new screws in an off-the-shelf handle. Lined everything up on the camper and *sigh* had to cut a hole in the door to make the new handle fit.

Did more finessing and wiggling to make it all line up properly.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1238.JPG
Views:	24
Size:	339.6 KB
ID:	123035Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1318.JPG
Views:	26
Size:	368.2 KB
ID:	123036

I can probably find some more information on the parts I used if you like. Just let me know.
rambit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 12:51 PM   #3

Name: Kevin
Trailer: 197? Beachcomber
Manitoba
Hi I know this original post is quite old but I was wondering if you had any pictures of the inside of the door? I have a beachcomber and the lock cylinder broke and I like what you did to replace the door handle. I might try to do the same thing to mine.
Thanks
goggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 08:02 AM   #4

Name: Alexander
Trailer: 1979 Boler B1300
New Hampshire
You might be able to use this:

https://www.campingtreasures.com/pro...ck-kit-chrome/

Contact them and ask about your specific application. They have pictures and a video for installation.
Alex Adams is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beachcomber