Interior walls - Page 4 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-27-2012, 05:12 PM   #61

Name: Paul
Trailer: Play Pac Hitch Hut
Tennessee
GREAT to see a PP brought back from a poor condition to one like yours.
A tremendous effort with good results. Gives those of us with similar PPs and in poor condition hope. Thank you.
Paul w
Paul west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 09:19 PM   #62

Name: Heather
Trailer: 1971 Play Pac
Pennsylvania
Registry
Thanks Paul, it's been fun. Our remodel is not as extensive as some you will see in this forum. We just wanted to make in functional and safe, on a budget. We feel we have achieved that goal. The forum helped alot in where to get started and addressing problems we had no idea how to address. Still have many thing to work on but all in all, she is complete!!
~DoodleBugOut
imbabyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 03:43 AM   #63

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Make tons of memories and be sure to post camping pictures with big ole grins on your faces
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 06:57 AM   #64

Pennsylvania
Registry
Thats the plan Donna.....and Ill try not to forget the grinning pics!!
Old 08-28-2012, 10:49 AM   #65

Name: Archie
Trailer: I think it's a boler. Pending overhaul.
Texas
Can you tell if the ceramic additive is making a difference in the temp. of the interior? Your hard work really paid off and now enjoy!
Archie G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 04:02 PM   #66

Pennsylvania
Registry
Archie, prior to painting this summer it was typically 20 degrees warmer inside than outside temp. This is with it closed up. Now it is about 10 -15 degrees cooler inside than the outside temp, again still closed up. Pretty good I think, but that is the only comparison I have, as I didnt gauge it last winter. Guess we'll see how well she stays heated this winter. I have extra paint mix and will not hesitate to add more layers....LOL!
Old 08-28-2012, 07:31 PM   #67

Trailer: Boler American (#3104)
Registry
That sounds like a pretty good result on the insulation for a paint additive!

What was the ceramic additive and where did you get it? Thanks.
CliveAlive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 08:12 PM   #68

Pennsylvania
Registry
CliveAlive, there is a link in my post on the third page of this message. On my phone and it won't let me copy and past. I bought enough for 2 gala of paint. I put two gals of paint in a 5 gal bucket and then gentle stir in the additive. Can't use a spray gun with the additive... I brushed it on for a thicker coating. I have half left over. So it went along way. Hope that helps.
Old 08-29-2012, 11:23 AM   #69

Name: Archie
Trailer: I think it's a boler. Pending overhaul.
Texas
Not bad at all. Any condensation on ceiling?
Thanks very much for the info.
Archie G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 12:58 PM   #70

Pennsylvania
Registry
@CliveAlive the company and link are: HY-TECH Insulating paint and insulating house paint additive DIY insulation solutions.

@Archie-so im new at this, so no laughing what would cause condensation on the ceiling?
Old 08-29-2012, 01:06 PM   #71

Name: John
Trailer: gave up!!
California
Looking great!
John_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 03:31 PM   #72

Pennsylvania
Registry
Thanks John!
Old 08-29-2012, 06:21 PM   #73

Name: Paul
Trailer: Play Pac Hitch Hut
Tennessee
Heather,

Whenever there is a big temperature differential, that is colder inside than outside, you can have condensation on areas with little insulation.
Think of a cold drink taken from a refrigerator. Same principle. If you have a foam cup holder ( insulation ) then no condensation. I think the question is does the insulative paint work well. The only way to know is to use the PP, have as much fun as you can with it and remedy any problems later.
Paul w
Paul west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 06:47 PM   #74

Pennsylvania
Registry
@paul, ic well since I dont have an ac.....i guess that wont be a problem! LOL No future plans of putting an ac in at the moment either.
Old 08-29-2012, 06:50 PM   #75

Pennsylvania
Registry
So I have yet to figure out how to delete and change pics on my registry.....so here are a few new pics with all the finishing touches!
Attached Thumbnails
1.jpg   2.jpg  

3.jpg   4.jpg  

5.jpg   6.jpg  

7.jpg  
Old 08-29-2012, 08:33 PM   #76

Trailer: Boler American (#3104)
Registry
[QUOTE=imbabyh;330641]@CliveAlive the company and link are: HY-TECH Insulating paint and insulating house paint additive DIY insulation solutions.

... QUOTE]

Thank you very much!

And the new photos look great!
CliveAlive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 08:41 PM   #77

Pennsylvania
Registry
@paul....as my husband as now explained the whole condensation thing to me (sometimes I need it drawn out in crayons).....I will give you an update after we have spent some time in it. LOL

@CliveAlive.... you are very welcome and thank you!
Old 08-30-2012, 09:52 AM   #78

Trailer: 1986 U-Haul CT13 ft
Registry
Keeps getting better and better Heather!!! I was wondering at the cushions and now that I see the I know you will be traveling in comfort and style. The place looks fantastic. Grey black and yellow are great colors ... (actually my color theme w/ all of my dive gear)!

Questions ... took me a minute to figure it out but photo 1) is inside the bathroom. Looks great and great idea with all the hanging pockets (or maybe that's a shoe holder?). Do you guys have a porta potty too or just using that for storage? Do you still have a stove top (cant tell what's under the coffee maker)? Do you guys have a table and just removed for the photos or are you guys rolling with this set up? I know some prefer to leave the back set up as beds permanently. Curtains over the cabinets up front are perfect - really buttons it all up nicely.

As for the condensation ... I really look forward to hearing more. I am all set to pull the trigger on the exact stuff you sent the link to since we are in the same spot. I can see the fiberglass pattern and little spots where there was some glue here and there. It's unobtrusive but still just a little detail I'd like to address. Since we plan to reprint the interior color anyway, it will take care of two things at once. We have camped in this particular Play Pac for over a week now and it got into the upper 30s low 40s at night and we never had the condensation that I am worried about (trapping heat and moisture inside getting wet walls/ceiling). Not a stitch of it so far ... but that might be thanks to the huge gap in our door (as we have yet to add the support column that Paul W is lucky enought to already have!). It is probably venting the right amount of moisture to the outside. We both tend to like sleeping on the cool side and then warm it up when we get up so I plan to use a cracked vent always - even when we do fix the door sag. Heating up the joint takes all of 60 seconds ... just turn on the stove for coffee and we are toasty in seconds. Anyway, I look forward to hearing how it does in a real camping test.

Again, just a great job and a huge congrats to you two. As always, I am behind with work and all that getting in the way and being burned out from my renovation on my last Play Pac ... but this is motivation to get it done. Looking forward to seeing and hearing more from you guys, have fun!
Paul Chet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 11:09 AM   #79

Pennsylvania
Registry
Smile

Black and yellow are the hubbys favorite colors. Little tidbit because you mentioned dive gear, he was a commercial diver for 12 years. I decided to let him pick the basic colors and went from there. LOL

As for the table, we didnt get one with it. We like the idea of the beds being permanent but we do plan to make a small table that we can eat at if its really cold or just really nasty weather.
I have the orginal propane cooktop but we took it out. I like to cook on the pit outside when campng, why would I want to cook inside? LOL I do plan to carry an electric skillet if, infact I have to cook indoors for some reason.

The hole where the cooktop was is covered with this awesome metal cutting board and found at a little mom and pop owned true value hardware store. Fit perfect just put a screw in each corner.

Bathroom- Yes we have a portatoilet. As our PP is a 71 there is no wet shower. PO built a raised platform for the toilet, so its not so low to sit on, love that.

So my storage choices......As I am female I have the usual obsession with shoes. Since moving into a much smaller home and no longer working I found myself in need to seperate myself from all those shoes.....thus leaving me with lots of shoe holders which ended up in the attic cause I just knew I would find a use for them! LOL
So yes, that is a shoe rack (like you would hang on the back of a door, from Lowes) in the bathroom. Glued a piece of wood strip to the fiberglass then screwed shoe rack to board. Great for tp, bathroom necessities, aspirin, etc.

The closet is also two shoe racks, the kind that hang from a closet rod. I cut the bottom of these to fit, because for the converter box I cut that one shorter. Plan is to roll up, socks, shorts, t-shirts, etc and put in the slots. Granted larger items wont fit but thats what the storage under the beds are for.

Our propane heater works though we havent used it yet. I will keep everyone posted on the condensation issues.

We too like it cold when sleeping. I also plan to add a fan vent in the future. Still need to do our column to address our sagging door and also looking to replace the black u-channel stuff that is missing from around the window frames and the seam where the top and bottom halves of the camper come together, but I have yet to find any.

The mattress' we had. Hubbys 4" pad he used when divng offshore fit perfectly. Mine is a 4" twin memory foam pad that I bought at walmart and then cut to fit. Got two pillows out of what I cut off!

Still looking to find a way to hid the wires in the bathroom and up the back right corner of the camper. The wires above the sink are hid by the curtain.

We plan to paint the bottom exterior with the truck bed liner stuff, (will research that later) and Zep wet look to the entire exterior to return the laskluster fiberglass to beautiful finish, plus hubby is looking for graphics to apply.....probably flames, LOL!

But as you you can see, necessities and interior, for us, took presidence and the exterior will come soon.

Thanks for the advice and comments......keep them coming!
Attached Thumbnails
a.jpg   b.jpg  

c.jpg  
Old 08-30-2012, 11:28 AM   #80

Trailer: 1986 U-Haul CT13 ft
Registry
Love the steel cutting surface - thats hardcore! The riser is also a great idea since those portas are so far away ... our new Play Pac has a riser too but its all academic now as i am tossing out the lot for the new (old but not used) cassette that i will be installing shortly.

forgot to mention your old converter - we have the same one too. now that i have added solar, i need an inverter so i will be replacing the old converter while i am at it - that little thing weighs a TON!

Since our newer PP has a really decent exterior still (a few blemishes here and there) i might go the ZEP route too but i originally intended to paint the ENTIRE PP using the bedliner material (Rhinoliner or Durabak - there are several discussions here about it). if you think about it, it covers up all blemishes and pock marks/ cracks, adds a degree of waterproofing, insulation and is kind of neat looking. one firefighter here did his Boler in all red bedliner and it looked like a little fire truck. he sad it held up really well as he liked to camp off-road too.

speaking of flames for the exterior ... maybe Paul W. can trade you his? LOL!

here is a link to the rub rail our PPs use - i bought this and redid all of it on the one i just sold. not always that fun to work with (i suggest a heat gun or hair dryer) but it looked night and day different without this new shiny stuff. you dont need 100' - not even half of it but i bought the 100 knowing i was selling and might wish to redo my newer one and keep plenty on hand for repairs (it really works, once i was backing down our long and tight driveway and pinched the fence post about halfway past it ... the rub rail just rumpled up and let me now it was touching - no damage to the fiberglass at all! but the rail needed replaced.).

WAY cheaper than Camping World:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...1&s=automotive
Paul Chet is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
play–pac