Lil Snoozy picture window - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-10-2018, 04:06 PM   #1

Name: Neal
Trailer: 2019 Casita Freedom DLX
Florida
Lil Snoozy picture window

Hello everyone, I have a question for you snoozy owners I have a Snoozy on order that should be ready in August my question is for those of you who got the extra window in what they consider the entertainment area if you had to do a do over would you still order that window due to the heat transference from a single pane glass that large as I live in Florida and know how much heat transference I get from my dual pane windows in the afternoon sun. This is my first posting I thank everyone for their feedback I'm addicted to FGRV forums I spend at least an hour or two every day reading whatever I can . thanks again
Neal B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 10:58 PM   #2

Name: David
Trailer: Former 13’Scamp, now Snoozy
Arizona
Registry
Neal, I have the extra window, and still like having it after 4yrs now. Although we do live in the Phoenix AZ area, when we go camping in the summer, we tend to camp at altitude, so heating at night is the normal. I really like the open feeling of having all the large windows.
Dave & Paula
David B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 04:56 AM   #3

Name: Charlie
Trailer: 2014 Lil Snoozy
North Carolina
Registry
We have the extra window. I have been in several Snoozies that did not have the extra window. They felt smaller and darker to us. We like the extra light and roomier feeling.
charlsara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 06:37 AM   #4

Florida
I appreciate your feedback you are the two couples I was hoping to hear from the most as I have followed your threads that's the response I was hoping for as I was just on the fence on it for good outweighing the bad as far as the heat transference. Reflecting is an option but I've also read were possibly it would could cause too much heat if you put it on the inside of the window possibly damaging or crack in the window I guess have either one of you add any experience with that ?
Old 05-11-2018, 07:01 AM   #5

Name: Mike
Trailer: 2012 Escape 19
Oklahoma
I doubt the extra window will make much difference in heating and cooling (Snoozy walls aren't high in R value), but for people who would rather look out the window than watch TV (like me), that extra window is perfectly positioned across from the sofa.
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 11:23 PM   #6

Name: David
Trailer: Former 13’Scamp, now Snoozy
Arizona
Registry
Neal, I have not tried reflectix in the windows yet, althougt I have cut some to place in the windows when we go to Alaska this summer, not to keep heat out, but rather to have it dark inside because of 22 hours of sunlight.
Dave & Paula
David B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 08:33 AM   #7
JBB

Name: Jan
Trailer: 2017 Lil Snoozy
South Carolina
Neal - We didn't get the extra window, instead we opted for the additional cabinets and 2 shelves, and we love it! Don't miss not having window there at all.
Attached Images

JBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 07:14 AM   #8

Name: Douglas
Trailer: Lil Snoozy
MD
Registry
Neal, we love the extra window because of the open feeling. We like to be outdoors or at least feel like we are even when indoors. So I think it is a personal decision.
Air Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 07:22 AM   #9

Name: Pat
Trailer: Lil Snoozy
New York
Picture window

I have 2016 Snoozy. It came with all the lovely windows . The light they allow is why I chose the Snoozy. I snowbird in AZ. I use the the silver insulation ( God help me I can’t remember it's name.). I cut it to fit in my window and place it behind my insulated shades. I use black Velcro dots to hold it in place. When not in use, I roll it up and store it. Btw. I also used the same stuff to permanently insulate the ‘prow’ where the bed is.
ppurtell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 01:13 PM   #10

Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by ppurtell View Post
I have 2016 Snoozy. It came with all the lovely windows . The light they allow is why I chose the Snoozy. I snowbird in AZ. I use the the silver insulation ( God help me I can’t remember it's name.). I cut it to fit in my window and place it behind my insulated shades. I use black Velcro dots to hold it in place. When not in use, I roll it up and store it. Btw. I also used the same stuff to permanently insulate the ‘prow’ where the bed is.
Reflectix?
Old 06-18-2018, 04:10 PM   #11

Name: Kelly
Trailer: Trails West
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal B View Post
I appreciate your feedback you are the two couples I was hoping to hear from the most as I have followed your threads that's the response I was hoping for as I was just on the fence on it for good outweighing the bad as far as the heat transference. Reflecting is an option but I've also read were possibly it would could cause too much heat if you put it on the inside of the window possibly damaging or crack in the window I guess have either one of you add any experience with that ?
the reflective materials do a much better job if you put it on the outside of the windows. The reasons for that is the glass acts like a heat sink when the sun shines directly onto it. So by putting the reflectix panel up on the exterior the sun does not get to the glass and then they don't become heat sinks.

But there are window tinting products that can be applied to the interior of the glass that give better heat reduction than putting pieces of reflectix inside of the windows. Plus you can still see outside with that type of tinting product. These are a premium product. There are a number of newer types of tinting in the last couple of years. Look for 3M ceramic window tinting. Some of the automotive window tinting companies stock it. You can also get it from the commercial building and residential window tinting firms. https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/company-...16674&rt=rud&3

A lot of times in forums all that many people know about is the stuff that has been around for the last 20 years or that was commonly being used to tint car windows. But thermal control technology has continued to evolve and newer tinting films are now available. The ceramic tinting film has been around for at least a few years, I had stopped in at a window tinting firm in the summer of 2016 and they had it but of course it was the highest priced option they offered.
k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 05:14 PM   #12

Florida
Thanks again everyone for the feedback can't wait to get my Snoozy so I can go to some rallies and meet some of you Nice folks and actually see some of the ideas I hope to incorporate into my camper/2nd home
I've been reading a lot about solar although I don't know very much about electric seems every time I get near it it shocks the hell out of me 😬
I will be doing solar whether I do it or have someone else do it probably start out with A 100 W Renogy suitcase with a trimetric solar charger and monitor
David Brown said he and Paula are going to Alaska that sounds like a wonderful trip I hope they post some pictures, I hope to go there someday 🏔
Old 06-19-2018, 10:28 AM   #13

Oklahoma
Ahh, Alaska! I'd be tempted to hide inside Dave & Paula's wet bath, and spring out when they're well on their way & have no choice but to take me along...
Old 06-20-2018, 11:22 AM   #14

Name: Violet
Trailer: Snoozy
Louisiana
Learning too!

Neal - I am right there with you. Reading, learning, planning until we take delivery of our Snoozy. I went to Camp Snoozy last year with my camera and a notebook. I learned a lot - mostly how much I did not know! Forums like this and the Lil Snoozy Owners forum as well as the new facebook group are so valuable. I appreciate those who have shared their knowledge and experiences. This years Camp Snoozy will be in a new - but lovely - location at Lake Guntersville State Park in Alabama. Watch the forums for more info on that coming out soon!

Violet
vmj5674 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 11:40 AM   #15

Name: Jack
Trailer: Casita Liberty
Virginia
Snoozy

This is a great idea! You use Velcro to keep it in place?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ppurtell View Post
jgilliam1955 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lil snoozy