Getting in touch with Oxygen owners - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-15-2005, 11:54 AM   #1

Trailer: Bigfoot 17 ft (15B17G) / Chevy Astro AWD
Hello;

I was looking for information about the Bonair Oxygen. It's not manufactured anymore, but i'd like to know if the current owners are satified with them?.

Regards.

Yves.
Yves Pelchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 08:37 PM   #2

Name: Co
Trailer: Bonair Oxygen
Ontario
Hi Yves,

I bought my Oxygen Plus (hand-finished after Bonair had fire/bankruptcy - it is greyish gold colour with the blue interior with wooden cabinet finish, shown somewhere on this site).

As mentioned somewhere on this site, they are difficult to back-up as you cannot see the end due to the egg-shape. It is very light-weight and is easily towed by my Hyundai Tucson. I did have an electric brake controller added, but don't really feel it was necessary so far. the only time towing is not pleasant is on a bumpy road; on the highway you almost forget about it. It has never tugged and swayed the way my previous tent trailers did.

Mine is very well made and I'm very happy with it, but I had some minor leak issues with the vents on top.

Mine has a small air conditioner under the front seat and it shares a cooling vent with the fridge and it is NOT doing the job. I went kayaking with a friend for a couple of weeks in the spring and it does get quite hot in the sun. I'm looking into getting a rooftop AC unit.

Sleeping room in the rear is adequate for most couples, but the front sleeping area leaves the lower part of the legs below the calves hanging over the edge. Space wise it is very comfy for two adults. A couple and 2 small kids might OK. A couple and one adult friend might be OK; any more is pushing it.

If you get one, you better be prepared to be sociable; I got visitors in every campground we were in and many compliments even at gas stations.

Having had for over a year now, I have no regrets about buying mine.
Kayak Paddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 02:12 PM   #3

I love mine. I bought it in 2004 and have used it every summer. We are now a family of 6, just adding the last one this past fall, so unfortunately we have now outgrown it, and will be putting it up for sale in the next little while, once we take it out of storage. I will be very sad to see it go, we had so much fun in it
And I agree with the above comment about be prepared to be social.. We couldn't go anywhere without atleast a few people wanting to peak inside.
liza ma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 02:19 PM   #4

Name: Co
Ontario
selling?

I can give you some names and phone numbers of people that want to buy one.... Had two standing offers to purchase at a campground, and one guy rang my doorbell to see if I wanted to sell.

Did you get an air conditioner installed by any chance? My little AC under the seat is NOT doing the job.
Kayak Paddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 02:35 PM   #5

That would be great if you could email their names and numbers. I really hate to have to sell it, so selling it to someone who will really appreciate it would be great.

I never did get an air conditioner installed. I never really spent a lot of time in it during the day, and found that on hot days the ceiling fan cooled it down enough to sleep at night.. A heater on the other hand might of come in handy some nights.
liza ma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 11:58 AM   #6

Trailer: Bonair Oxygen 2002
We bought our 2002 new. We have used it each summer with 2 adults and once our kids took their baby. We have discussed taking 4 adults, never followed through - due to size of front bed and that interesting bathroom door. The original reversing fan was quite good at cooling it down drawing in night air. However our kids didn't know that and baked one July week-end. The fan eventually broke down and was replaced by an exhausting only fan - big difference as not much air is drawn in through the small window openings. In exchange for borrowing it for a summer driving from Newfoundland to Victoria BC and back, my brother added a shower to the toilet stall. A nice addition. They were quite happy camping in it every night for 3 months. You will have adventures in bedmaking. I use jersey queen size sheets. I should have kept a wish list as someone is always asking to buy it.
norman and jean mulloy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
oxygen