Might Want to Add this Boler to the Albums - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-05-2006, 06:42 PM   #1

Trailer: 1987 Bigfoot 20 ft 5th Wheel and 1995 Bigfoot 2500 Shortbox Truck Camper and 1972 Compact Jr ('CJ') and 1974 Boler ('BB')

Click image for larger version

Name:	Resize_of_IMG_1423.JPG
Views:	107
Size:	69.2 KB
ID:	4338
[attachment=5465:attachm
ent]

Name:	Resize_of_IMG_1433.JPG
Views:	134
Size:	78.5 KB
ID:	4341

Hi All,

Since we rent a few of our Trills and talk about the different FG trailers to others, we've had a few requests to do safety/operational inspections on trailers that friends, co-workers or others have acquired. My hubby, Nolan, had a request to check over a Boler that had recently made it's way to Saskatchewan from Alberta. I was not able to go with him, therefore gave him the camera to take pics. He ventured a bit north of Saskatoon and did an inspection on a 15 foot Boler.

We have never come across a 15 foot Boler so I thought we'd share the pics he took.

This Boler is a 1980. Manufactured by Triple E. 2000 lbs., 2 inch ball, 7 pin wiring. This particular unit has, what appears to be original, a screen door. The FG outside door was barely hanging on so it was taken off until hinge repairs could be made. The inside back closet door is also missing - not sure where it is. No washroom, but could certainly be modified to accomodate a toilet/sink.

Being Trill folks, we are unsure of how long Bolers were manufactured...can anyone let us know?

Enjoy the pics.

Brenda and Nolan Novakovski
Saskatoon, SK
Canada
Attached Thumbnails
Resize_of_IMG_1424.JPG   Resize_of_IMG_1426.JPG  

Brenda Novakovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 06:44 PM   #2

Trailer: 1987 Bigfoot 20 ft 5th Wheel and 1995 Bigfoot 2500 Shortbox Truck Camper and 1972 Compact Jr ('CJ') and 1974 Boler ('BB')
Some interior pics of the 15 foot Boler.
Attached Thumbnails
Resize_of_IMG_1428.JPG   Resize_of_IMG_1429.JPG  

Resize_of_IMG_1432.JPG   Resize_of_Rotation_of_IMG_1430.JPG  

Brenda Novakovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 02:36 AM   #3

Trailer: Burro 13 ft 1982
We saw this trailer or one just like it at Crater Lake campground last year after the Oregon Rally. Same wood inside as the one we saw but not sure if it had orange cushions or not. Talked to the owners and all I can remember is they were from Canada and said they have checked out this forum a few times. Other than that I can't tell you a thing.
BuzzardsBurro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 06:14 PM   #4

Trailer: Boler 17 ft
Methinks it is not a Boler, as the belly band is different and the stripes and logo are different.

BUT, especially in the prairies, a "Boler" means a small travel trailer, like "Kleenex" means a tissue.

Whatever it is, it looks nice.

Maybe someone else will jump in. The flat screen door looks familiar....
CharlynnT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 06:39 PM   #5

Trailer: none now
Quote:
Methinks it is not a Boler, as the belly band is different and the stripes and logo are different.

BUT, especially in the prairies, a "Boler" means a small travel trailer, like "Kleenex" means a tissue.

Whatever it is, it looks nice.

Maybe someone else will jump in. The flat screen door looks familiar....
Charlynn, n Brenda, this trailer looks a lot like the one posted for sale - 17 foot Boler in Vancouver, BC (not mine).... BUT two sightings other than Vancouver BC??? hmm could the trailers NOT be Bolers, but FGs made up to seem like them?

Brenda, did your husband actually see any documents or identity plates on the trailer saying what it is / where it was made?

Leanor
Leanor Vlug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 06:54 PM   #6

Trailer: 1972 Boler 13 ft
There is a 15 foot square Boler. We have one at Emily Bolerama. I don't know how many were made but there are a few out there.
Barbara Gardin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 07:04 PM   #7

Trailer: Boler (B1700RGH) 1979
There was also a Boler 1650, a 16-foot model which was clearly shown in Boler brochures, so I guess it really was a Boler, too. The 15' seems to compete for rarity with that model, but is much more like the other Bolers than the 1650, which might be the "square Boler".

The 17' Boler in Vancouver Canada does look like it has the same graphics as this 15', but from windows etc. looks just like the Boler 17' Rear Gaucho (like mine) which it claims to be, although this late version has a roof refrigerator vent (which I think is a good idea). It could be that someone put that unusual variation of graphics on some other brand of trailer, but I'll believe that the 15' unit is a Boler. It seems consistent with some 1980 features seen on other Bolers, such as the flat door and graphics style.

Charlynn, I'm not sure what you're seeing in the belly band - it looks like mine, but I might be missing something. That is, it's a flange covered by a U-shaped moulding, not a broad band like a Trillium.

Here's another image of a 15-foot Boler, which was posted in a Boler forum:

Name:	jimbo_2_stitched_588x344_80.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	41.2 KB
ID:	4366
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 06:36 PM   #8

Trailer: Boler
Send a message via Yahoo to KARL PROUDE
[quote]There was also a Boler 1650, a 16-foot model which was clearly shown in Boler brochures, so I guess it really was a Boler, too. The 15' seems to compete for rarity with that model, but is much more like the other Bolers than the 1650, which might be the "square Boler".

The 17' Boler in Vancouver Canada does look like it has the same graphics as this 15', but from windows etc. looks just like the Boler 17' Rear Gaucho (like mine) which it claims to be, although this late version has a roof refrigerator vent (which I think is a good idea). It could be that someone put that unusual variation of graphics on some other brand of trailer, but I'll believe that the 15' unit is a Boler. It seems consistent with some 1980 features seen on other Bolers, such as the flat door and graphics style.

Charlynn, I'm not sure what you're seeing in the belly band - it looks like mine, but I might be missing something. That is, it's a flange covered by a U-shaped moulding, not a broad band like a Trillium.

Here's another image of a 15-foot Boler, which was posted in a Boler forum:

Attachment 4366
Karl
KARL PROUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 08:11 PM   #9

Name: Alexander
Trailer: Boler
Nova Scotia
Registry
15' Boler

I have a 15' Boler, same as the pictures above (Brenda and Nolan Novakovski), great shape. Pulled it from NS to Inuvik in 2014 - wonderful trip!
Attached Thumbnails
M2800017 (2).JPG   Boler1.jpg  

ljsilver is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boler