Boler 1300 Weight Distribution Question - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-22-2017, 03:33 PM   #1

Name: Alexander
Trailer: 1979 Boler B1300
New Hampshire
Boler 1300 Weight Distribution Question

I am looking at adding the following to my Boler 1300:
45 pound fridge on driver's side of trailer
25 pounds of stabilization jacks on driver's side
126 pounds of battery to the curb side of trailer

I have read threads concerning side to side stability. My question is have any owners put more weight about 56 more pounds on the curb side of their 13 footer without any side to side stability issues?

I was think of testing with the 25 pounds of jacks on the driver's side and one 63 pound battery on the curb side to see if I have any problems. I would rather hear from someone who has done something similar with the weight distribution.
Alex Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 07:24 AM   #2

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
There was a thread a while back that explored how much left-right imbalance is acceptable. There were no clear answers, but differences of up to 10% of GAW seemed pretty common and no cause for concern. In your case 60 pounds is only 5% or less of the axle weight.

Make sure the heavy side doesn't exceed the tire rating (unlikely!) or half the axle rating (original Boler axles were only rated for 1200 pounds, I believe, but replacements usually up the rating).
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 03:24 PM   #3

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
If you can, measure the real weight on each wheel, then adjust tire pressures accordingly. If, as Jon says, you have a difference less than 10% it would not be enough to bother. A larger spread might result in faster tread wear on one side.
Wayne Collins is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boler, weight