How much should I sell my Casita for? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-25-2016, 05:19 PM   #1

Name: Monte
Trailer: Boler and Scamp Deluxe
California
Registry
How much should I sell my Casita for?

Hi Gang, First let me say Happy New Year to everyone! I am in the middle of restoring my 75 Perris Pacer which I plan to keep for camping. I also own a Mint condition 1994 Casita 13 foot trailer that still looks almost new inside and out. My question to everyone is I'm thinking about selling it in the future and was hoping to get about 7200.00 for it. Would love to get some feed back from people. Is this too high or low? I don't think anyone will find a cleaner 94 than this one! Any help would be nice.
All the best, Monte
Monte W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 05:35 PM   #2

California
Registry
Hw much should I sell my Casita for?

Also, if you got to my profile, You'll see my Casita.
All the best, Monte
Old 01-25-2016, 06:35 PM   #3

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Monte, there are two prices. One, what the seller is willing to sell for and two, what a buyer is willing to pay. It's up to the two parties to decide price.

AND, there's always location, location, location. For instance, I see you're in California. Casita's of all sizes are plentiful here on the west coast. The east coast not so much.

I'd suggest you check out the For Sale forums here on FiberglassRV AND Casita Fiberglass Trailers - US | Fiberglass RV's For Sale to see what trailers of your Casita's size, vintage and condition have listed/sold for.

Best of luck!
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 10:24 PM   #4

California
Registry
Thanks Donna, I went to that web site and sadly didn't see many 13 foot Casitas. It looks like a good site to post. P.S, love your picture!!!!
All the best, Monte
Old 01-26-2016, 04:51 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monte W View Post
P.S, love your picture!!!!
All the best, Monte
That's my goofy Avatar Monte. I often say she's better looking and richer than I am, it's my way of being incognito since I don't look anything like her. But thanks!

Best of luck
Old 01-26-2016, 06:52 AM   #6

Name: Gordon
Trailer: 2015 Scamp (16 Std Layout 4) with '15 Toyota Sienna LE Tug
North Carolina
Quote:
Thanks Donna, I went to that web site and sadly didn't see many 13 foot Casitas. ...
Be sure and check out the SOLD section also.
gordon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 10:34 AM   #7

Name: Patrick
Trailer: Shopping for new RV
North Carolina
Monte, For a quick sale establish a good price like $100.... Good for me not so good for you! I'll Fedex the bank check and take it away quickly. It should take me about 3 or 4 days to make the drive from Upstate New York !
Uplander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 07:10 PM   #8

California
Registry
Sorry, Being a retired UPS guy I can't sell it to you! Had you said you would ship the check UPS, I would have gone for it! Too late now!! LOL
Old 01-26-2016, 07:49 PM   #9

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Thanks Donna, I went to that web site and sadly didn't see many 13 foot Casitas. It looks like a good site to post. P.S, love your picture!!!!
All the best, Monte
There is a section on that site for the SOLD trailers not just for sale that you may have more luck.

As Donna suggests location plays a big part in prices. As as does condition of the trailer and the time of year your selling...... spring and summer prices are always higher than late fall and winter prices....
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 07:59 PM   #10

Trailer: Y2K6 Bigfoot 25 ft (25B25RQ) & Y2K3 Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Quote:
Sorry, Being a retired UPS guy I can't sell it to you! Had you said you would ship the check UPS, I would have gone for it! Too late now!! LOL
Monte, I am the son of a Minister. My Uncle, a Priest, recently died and left me a letter with a lot of money and your name. He said you had the most lovely (insert item name here) and that I should buy it.

I really want your item for my (choose one: brother, cousin, father, daughter) who is overseas in the (choose one: Army, Peace Corps, Doctors without Borders) doing relief work. I'm working right now so I can't come see it immediately, but I'll have my shipper come and get it. Oh, and I can't call you because my phone is broken, and I'm deaf too.

So please reply soonest with your best price. I will send you a check UPS for TWENTY-THREE hundred dollars because my check machine is broken and that's the only amount it can write.

I'll give you $200 for the trailer, and another $100 for your trouble, and please send the remaining $2,000 back to me in a Wal Mart money order.

I'll look forward to hearing from you!

Roger H.
419 Scam Way
Scam City, Nigeria

Roger H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 08:28 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger H View Post
I'll look forward to hearing from you!

Roger H.
419 Scam Way
Scam City, Nigeria
Roger you are so dang bad!

But truly OP, we just want to get you the fair price for your Casita

Do your homework and you'll be golden.
Old 01-26-2016, 09:12 PM   #12

California
Registry
Roger , Roger , Roger!!!! THAT WAS FUNNY! I get those emails through my work all the time. Man, that made me laugh. Thanks for that.
Old 01-26-2016, 09:50 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Roger you are so dang bad!
What? WHAT???

Monte, I'm glad I could give you a smile.
Old 01-27-2016, 12:24 AM   #14

Name: Denise
Trailer: Casita
Texas
Wow Roger, I think your the one that's been texting me for the last 3 days about a Serger I'm selling on Craig's List!!!! The exact same script! They've tried every variation you listed!
But did you send your overnight check to my address and phone # I finally gave you today? ___ Police Dept (substitute false name for me), ___ address and phone number (direct line to the Fraud and Identity Theft Division)? You never called me back????!!!!! Whaz UP?
wellduh326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 03:06 AM   #15

Name: Lynn
Trailer: Casita Spirit 16'
Indiana
In Real Estate, I always tell sellers that the best way to price a home is to predict its market value, and list just above that. The best way to predict market value is to look at the sales price of homes like yours, near yours, that have sold in the most recent past. Then adjust up/down for differences in features, quality, and condition. I suspect pricing a portable home-away-from-home is much the same.

In Nov 2015, I drove from Indianapolis to Michigan and paid $6500 for a 1999, 16 ft mint condition Casita Spirit with double bunks, ice box, and no bath. There is no heater/AC/water heater/awning. It does have a fantasic fan, new fresh water tank and lines, 5 new tires, all new vinyl blinds. The original upholstery and carpet inside looks perfect. The exterior was just hand washed and buffed.

Hope that helps.
Old 01-27-2016, 06:22 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellduh326 View Post
Wow Roger, I think your the one that's been texting me for the last 3 days about a Serger I'm selling on Craig's List!!!! The exact same script! They've tried every variation you listed!
But did you send your overnight check to my address and phone # I finally gave you today? ___ Police Dept (substitute false name for me), ___ address and phone number (direct line to the Fraud and Identity Theft Division)? You never called me back????!!!!! Whaz UP?
I'm sorry, Denise, but my phone is broken... oh yeah... and I forgot that I told you... I'm deaf, so I couldn't call... but if you'll just send me a check in any amount, I'll have my shipper come and pick up your item tomorrow too. My nephew who is doing relief work in Siberia really needs it. But you can trust me. My father is a Priest... or a Minister. I forgot what I told you, but anyway you can trust me.

Roger
Old 01-27-2016, 06:26 AM   #17

Quote:
Hi Gang, First let me say Happy New Year to everyone! I am in the middle of restoring my 75 Perris Pacer which I plan to keep for camping. I also own a Mint condition 1994 Casita 13 foot trailer that still looks almost new inside and out. My question to everyone is I'm thinking about selling it in the future and was hoping to get about 7200.00 for it. Would love to get some feed back from people. Is this too high or low? I don't think anyone will find a cleaner 94 than this one! Any help would be nice.
All the best, Monte
Back on point, Monte (sorry I hijacked your thread) you've gotten good advice here. I've bought and sold more than my fair share of fiberglass trailers over the years. Find recent comps and adjust your price according to condition. Your trailer is worth exactly what someone will pay for it... if you under-price it you'll have it sold in a couple of days. If it's average, it'll take a week to a month. If you over-price it, but it's pristine it'll take a little longer but it'll still sell.

Good luck with your Perris Pacer. i remember when the factory was going in Orange County... I used to drive past it on the freeway from time to time. They were great little trailers.

Roger
Old 01-27-2016, 07:15 AM   #18

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Casita 13s are relatively uncommon. Is yours a deluxe or a standard? Advice given is correct. Go to the archives here and at fiberglass-rv-4sale and find comps. There probably won't be many. Similarly equipped Scamp 13s usually sell for comparable prices, so that might give you a bit more to go on. Adjust for age, condition, features, location (major urban areas on the East and West Coasts are usually higher), and season. Allow some negotiating room, and up or down depending on whether you want a quick sale or can wait for the right buyer.

In addition to good pictures, you might also want to get the empty trailer weighed. People looking at 13' eggs often have smaller tow vehicles, and they will ask.

Best wishes, Monte!
Jon in AZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 07:36 AM   #19

California
Registry
Thanks Jon, Great advice for sure. I just want to get fine value for this trailer! She's very very clean. I was diving at the ocean with a buddy and had several ask me if I wanted to sell it and at the time i didn't. Had one lady ask me if I'd take 8000.00 for it. I thought she was just throwing that out there and I said no.
Old 01-27-2016, 07:26 PM   #20

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft
Registry
Monte

Can you put some pictures up?

(2) Big Green Eggs for cooking..(1) Egg for camping
BillE is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
casita