Proud new owners of a 1999 Burro - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-21-2014, 03:13 PM   #1

Name: Zac & Cathy
Trailer: Burro & 2006 21ft. BigFoot
California
Registry
Talking Proud new owners of a 1999 Burro

Hello all,
My husband and I are so excited about our new Burro and this site has so much information for us all in one spot. Thank you!
We would like to introduce ourselves to you, my name is Cathy and my husbands name is Zac. We are retired and live in Southern California in a little off the track town called Pioneertown. Our town was built by Roy Rogers and the Sons of the Pioneers as a movie set. We even have Cowboy shootouts here on the weekends.
We have so many plans to fix-up our Burro and our first trip is already planed for this Feb. to go to Death Valley for a week. I forgot to tell you that we will be traveling with our best friends, Goober she is a boxer mix and our little bird Mr. Pickles who talks up a storm. He is just to cute!
Avey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 03:26 PM   #2

Name: Marcia
Trailer: '00 Burro 17' WB
Seattle, WA
Welcome Cathy & Zac! I'm sure you will LOVE traveling in your Burro. My husband and I also have a '99 Burro, a 17' wide body. We live in Seattle and travel with two dogs, a lab-mix and a Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever. One feature we love about the Burro is the gel-coat interior....no "carpet" on the walls to capture dog hair! It's so easy to wipe down after a muddy wet dog decides to shake upon entering. Sounds like you have fun plans for your first outing.
Best to you!

//Marcia (+ Peter, Hodie & Libby)
mglyons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 05:15 PM   #3

California
Registry
Thank you,
We have so many questions about doing some upgrading on our Burro. As we speak my hubby is re wiring all of the wires that go in the front to hook up our truck to the Burro and have all the turn signals work as they should.
As they say (let the fun begin)

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV
Old 11-21-2014, 09:20 PM   #4

Name: Charlie
Trailer: '83 Burro
Virginia
Registry
Let me add my welcome. I'm the proud owner of a 1983 Burro that had just been through a frame-off rebuild when I got it a couple of years ago. I'm only on this forum sporadically, but have been watching for any Burro-istas. Enjoy your new home away from home!

Froggie
Green Frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 09:41 PM   #5

California
Registry
Thanks froggie
Old 12-01-2014, 07:12 PM   #6

Name: Eric and Sharon
Trailer: Burro
Ohio
Registry
Welcome! My husband, Eric, and I just recently bought an old Burro too. Right now it is pretty much torn apart. He hopes to get a lot of work done on it this winter so we can take local trips this summer and hopefully a trip out west next September. Welcome to the site!
Eric Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 08:39 PM   #7

Name: Charlie
Trailer: '83 Burro
Virginia
Registry
Eric & Sharon, Avey as well, there are a lot of great pix and stories about rehabbing and decorating Burros somewhere deep in the bowels of the archives here. A search for them will surely bring valuable information and ideas. If you need help getting started just let me know and I'll see if I can dig some out for you. BTW, I've got a whole bunch of pix taken by the PO of my Burro as he lifted off the shell, sanded and painted the frame, and replaced the floor. That work already being done is what sealed the deal for me!

Froggie
Green Frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 08:44 PM   #8

Name: Ted
Trailer: (Dark side)Crossroads Now
Glade Valley, North Carolina
Welcome Zac & Cathy
Old 12-02-2014, 06:10 PM   #9

California
Registry
Thank you, we are also hoping to get a lot done this winter on our burro. Right now we are having a coustom mattress made and have been shopping around for material and goodies. But we need most of the things redone as far as the water heater, water pump, refrigerator, heater. We have tackled the wiring already but haven even tried the propane to the stove. All that stuff is a little over welmming, so it's nice to shop and dream about the fun stuff too.
Old 12-03-2014, 05:54 PM   #10

Trailer: 2000 Burro 17 ft / 2001 Toyota Tundra V8 2wd
Registry
A regular full size mattress will fit just right width-wise in the rear of the 17ft Burro. If you haven't ordered a customer mattress already that's a way to save money. I use a full size foam mattress from Ikea that's comfortable and light to move.
ThomasE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 10:20 PM   #11

California
Registry
We are going to ikea tomorrow, I'll just check that out! Thanks

Tags
burro