Scamp & Casita Wetbath question - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-10-2017, 10:24 PM   #1

Name: John
Trailer: '71 Boler, '87 Play-Mor II
Deep South
Scamp & Casita Wetbath question

I would like to know if there is any insulation and if so what type between the wall surround and the outer shell on the Scamp and Casita 13' wet bath models.
Johnny M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 07:04 AM   #2

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Johnny, I believe the foil bubble insulation and rat fur are installed before the bathroom, so that's what's behind the fiberglass pieces. I've seen a couple of posts in which the side bath in a 16'er was removed, revealing the headliner. I can't say for certain about the front bath, but it also appears to be assembled in place from pre-molded pieces. A phone call to Scamp would net your answer if you don't get confirmation here.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 12:48 PM   #3

Name: John
Trailer: '71 Boler, '87 Play-Mor II
Deep South
Thanks Jon. I am almost ready to start fiberglassing the inside of my wetbath conversion but wasn't sure if I should leave the reflectix I already put up in place and if the fiberglass would stick to it or if the weight of it would pull both down. Once it sets I was thinking it would stay in place but wondered if it might sag. I am not using the pre-formed shower walls like the Scamp but rather fiberglassing the entire inside of the wetbath so I have no seams. I may remove the reflectix and just tie everything into the glass shell, just thinking about how hot it will be in the summer or cold in the winter with no insulation, but heck I don't believe the reflectix will make that much of a difference anyway.
Johnny M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 01:39 PM   #4

Name: Mike
Trailer: 2012 Escape 19
Oklahoma
Ceiling is the place where insulation counts the most, for keeping it cool or warm. But of course, there's the condensation issue. If water condenses on a shower wall, at least you have a drain!
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
casita, scamp