Parkliner Tire Rub issues? - Page 4 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-30-2013, 07:27 PM   #61

Name: Brian
Trailer: 2013 ParkLiner
Upstate New York
I seem to have arrived late to the banquet. I just grabbed a flashlight and went out and checked ParkLiner #34. With ~920 miles on the unit, it seems that I, too have the same problem. Seems somewhat worse on the street side where the white gel coat is completely worn through exposing the pink substrate below. I just emailed Chandler and Cameron to advise that I am experiencing the same problem described by others. Will keep you advised as to the response. Hopefully, ParkLiner will come up with a satisfactory resolution to this situation. We are otherwise thrilled with our PL and want to see this enterprise succeed.

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
Brian M. in NY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 07:38 PM   #62

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Baglo View Post
That would leave one or two posts a day.
Yup it would and hardly as much fun
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 07:50 PM   #63

Name: Thom
Trailer: Chevy AWD Van Conversion
Astoria Oregon
Registry
Mark & Brian... thanks for sharing some PL Luv. I wish it weren't so, but i guess we are in good company. This is actually sort of a positive, because surely this is something that has Chandler's full attention with three of us reporting the same situation.

I'm thinking something along the lines of either a tire-size swap or a tweak/adjustment to the angle on the Dexter axle.
Archive: Parkliner #35 build thread
accrete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 07:54 PM   #64

Astoria Oregon
Registry
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birmingham1 View Post
...I would still steer someone towards Parkliner in a heartbeat!
TOTALLY.
In fact i asked Cameron to send more brochures my way since we went through those he sent already.
Old 04-30-2013, 07:56 PM   #65

Name: Mark
Trailer: Parkliner
Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by accrete View Post
Mark & Brian... thanks for sharing some PL Luv. I wish it weren't so, but i guess we are in good company. This is actually sort of a positive, because surely this is something that has Chandler's full attention with three of us reporting the same situation.

I'm thinking something along the lines of either a tire-size swap or a tweak/adjustment to the angle on the Dexter axle.
Do you know how the axle is attached? Welded or bolted?
Birmingham1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 07:59 PM   #66

Alabama
Quote:
TOTALLY.
In fact i asked Cameron to send more brochures my way since we went through those he sent already.
On the trip back from Gibsonville I had a woman at a gas station ask me about it, and when it was parked out in front of my house that first day a neighbor came out to take a look. I was giving the neighbor a walk-through and felt like I was making a sales pitch since I was talking about all the good points on the trailer! Funny.
Old 04-30-2013, 08:02 PM   #67

Astoria Oregon
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birmingham1 View Post
Do you know how the axle is attached? Welded or bolted?
Just checked... it is welded in 10 points and looks a part of the frame/trailer. nicely done...but not coming out easy!

I wonder how they adjust them? Pull out the guts? Replace? just random ponderings that don't mean a thing either way It'll get done. I'll do some reading just for fun before watching some SciFi with Cari.
Old 04-30-2013, 08:04 PM   #68

Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian M. in NY View Post
I seem to have arrived late to the banquet. I just grabbed a flashlight and went out and checked ParkLiner #34. With ~920 miles on the unit, it seems that I, too have the same problem. Seems somewhat worse on the street side where the white gel coat is completely worn through exposing the pink substrate below. I just emailed Chandler and Cameron to advise that I am experiencing the same problem described by others. Will keep you advised as to the response. Hopefully, ParkLiner will come up with a satisfactory resolution to this situation. We are otherwise thrilled with our PL and want to see this enterprise succeed.
I think this is helpful...#34, #35 and mine (which sorry, I don't know which number I am!). Maybe it will help PL track it back to something that changed in their production of the units. Even outside of the solution they will surely come to, I am also quite certain they will want to know the initial start/source of the problem so they can ensure all impacted units are fixed.
Old 04-30-2013, 08:07 PM   #69

Astoria Oregon
Registry
Mark, Cameron will know your hull number.
As an FYI, mine was finished late in the day on Tuesday April 9th as #35
Old 04-30-2013, 08:14 PM   #70

Name: Brian
Trailer: 2013 ParkLiner
Upstate New York
Hull # 34 was finished on the morning of April 3.

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
Brian M. in NY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 08:15 PM   #71

Alabama
Quote:
Mark, Cameron will know your hull number.
As an FYI, mine was finished late in the day on Tuesday April 9th as #35
I am likely #37 then, as I picked it up on April 27th. I would just guess they built one additional unit between those dates.
Old 04-30-2013, 08:36 PM   #72

Astoria Oregon
Registry
on tires/wheels...
we have 205/75/r14 in load range C with max cap @ 1760lbs.

I was unable to find much else in 14" size.

But in 13" i found load range D with 2" less overall size, which would give ~1" more clearance?? with a max capacity of 1610lbs. Still well above what any of us would have in our rigs (i'm at 2400lbs fully loaded at scales). But then i wonder if we would have to change brake assym also. Too much thinking...gonna chill with Cari, PopCorn, and SciFi.
Old 04-30-2013, 09:23 PM   #73

Name: David
Trailer: Former 13’Scamp, now Snoozy
Arizona
Registry
I know from my association with the four wheel drive crowd, whole articles have been researched and written about the "real world" tire sizes and what is printed on the sidewall in such publications as Peterson's Four Wheel Drive and Sport Utility, Four Wheeler, JP magazine, and others. Between manufacturers and even different line-ups from the same manufacturer, there is a vast variance in the actual tire size and what is stamped into the sidewall. It should be criminal, as tire rubbing causes damage and safety issues. Things look good on paper, but when one can not rely on a "standard" of a size, things go awry. I wonder if something changed when disc brakes were replaced by drum units?
David B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 09:30 PM   #74

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Mark, Thom, and Brian;
Do all of you have HI-RUN ST 205/75/D14 tires on your ParkLiner? Is it possible that these tires are out of specification? Regarding your axle, I believe ParkLiner changed from FlexRide axles to Dexter axles at some point in production. Do you know what brand axle you have?

Tim,
What brand of tires is on your ParkLiner? Since your unit is a bit older, I am assuming your ParkLiner has a FlexRide axle. Is that correct?

Mark
Drumstick63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 09:36 PM   #75

Name: Mike
Trailer: 2012 Escape 19
Oklahoma
for Francesca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesca Knowles View Post
I'm just as curious as anyone, but probably have more time than many to follow these interesting threads.

In "normal folks time", it's been a mere 24 hours. I try to bear in mind that such people probably have other things to attend to as well, such as having an actual life!

Francesca
Francesca, I came across this graphic just today. And when I saw the post you made, it seemed like perfect timing.

Name:   LOSER.jpg
Views: 225
Size:  3.2 KB
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 05:09 AM   #76

Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark McMorris View Post
Mark, Thom, and Brian;
Do all of you have HI-RUN ST 205/75/D14 tires on your ParkLiner? Is it possible that these tires are out of specification? Regarding your axle, I believe ParkLiner changed from FlexRide axles to Dexter axles at some point in production. Do you know what brand axle you have?

Tim,
What brand of tires is on your ParkLiner? Since your unit is a bit older, I am assuming your ParkLiner has a FlexRide axle. Is that correct?

Mark
Yes on HI-RUN ST 205/75/D14.
Yes on Dexter axle.
Old 05-01-2013, 05:13 AM   #77

Alabama
Quote:
on tires/wheels...
we have 205/75/r14 in load range C with max cap @ 1760lbs.

I was unable to find much else in 14" size.

But in 13" i found load range D with 2" less overall size, which would give ~1" more clearance?? with a max capacity of 1610lbs. Still well above what any of us would have in our rigs (i'm at 2400lbs fully loaded at scales). But then i wonder if we would have to change brake assym also. Too much thinking...gonna chill with Cari, PopCorn, and SciFi.
I really hope the solution isn't going to a 13" tire. The ground clearance is fairly low already and going lower doesn't seem like a step in the right direction.
Old 05-01-2013, 06:16 AM   #78

Name: Paul
Trailer: '07 Scamp 16' SD
Wisconsin
Luckily, wheel size has little to do with tire size.

Ok, I apologize for the snarky comment, looks like it's going to be one of those days
glennco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 06:44 AM   #79

Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by glennco View Post
Luckily, wheel size has little to do with tire size.

Ok, I apologize for the snarky comment, looks like it's going to be one of those days
Are you saying that going to a smaller combination to increase the clearance to avoid the rubbing won't decrease the ground clearance? If so, please explain!
Old 05-01-2013, 06:46 AM   #80

Name: Mike
Trailer: 2012 Escape 19
Oklahoma
I think the solution they come up with will involve moving the axle. Either down or back, or both. Asking folks to accept smaller tires (and tire lower load capacity) does not seem sensible, especially since the problem is likely to worsen as the torsion axles age.
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
parkliner