ParkLiner Options - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-21-2013, 05:15 AM   #41

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
Are you near Port Orford?

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 07:05 AM   #42

Name: Gretchen
Trailer: Coachman Freedom Express
Tennessee
Yes, you do have a point about the propane. But, if we have power outage here (at home) no worries, we use a wood stove most of the time anyway. And, here in the southeast, its not that cold, and when it is, we are not camping. So, I am fine omitting the propane heater and stove.
Old 10-21-2013, 07:12 AM   #43

Name: Gretchen
Trailer: Coachman Freedom Express
Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by car54 View Post
Does anyone have any specs on the AC unit parkliner uses? It looks like a regular window unit, and I was a bit concerned that there doesnt seem to be a good path for the hot air to escape the rear of it from the photos Ive seen online. If anyone has photos of the back side of the AC unit in the trailer, I would appreciate them.

I almost think one of the low profile coleman mach 8 or polar cub rooftop AC's would be vastly superior for a trailer of this size. (I do most of my camping in the summer in the south, and my old Fleetwood Prowler had a 15,000btu rooftop that worked very well)
Dear Matt,

We were at the ParkLiner factory last week and I was able to look at the a/c up close. It is a Frigidaire 5,000 btu's. There is space behind the back and a drainage tube for the condensation. Looked well thought out to me. I prefer to buy a camper with the a/c NOT on the roof so as to prevent future leaks. Also won't interfere with aerodynamics while driving. I liked it.
Old 10-21-2013, 07:51 AM   #44

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
Im 99% sure that the 8000btu ac unit I have at home would fit into the opening because its the same dimensions as a 5000 btu unit....so its an option if you want more cooling power. I have an ac turbo fan that I put on the floor right below it and angle it towards the bed. I want to add one of those marine directional 12 volt fans (expensive around $90 but lower battery draw) that I could direct to blow down on me this way with the humidity being removed by the ac unit the fan would help make it more comfortable.

I also prefer to not have anything on the roof...I like the streamlined look of the ParkLiner as it is. Maybe in the future when I retire and hit the road I might give in for the rooftop unit since it would be my home...but for now its ok, and my generator runs it fine at less then a 25% load so I get around 9 hours of runtime on 1.6 gallons of gas. The 8000btu unit would probably not run as long and dont want to blow $300 for the kit to add an extended run tank right now.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
deryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 08:05 AM   #45

Name: asdf
Trailer: asdf
Alabama
Deryk, what size gen?
jwcolby54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 08:24 AM   #46

New Jersey
Registry
its a Yamaha ef2400is I went with the smallest one that would be able to power my parents fridge after Hurracane Sandy last year figured it was a good idea. Its a bit heavy around 90lbs but Im ok with moving it around. And since its running barely above idle its pretty quiet and I can fire up the microwave at the same with no problem. It could run a smaller rooftop unit if I went that way down the road.
Attached Thumbnails
YamahaEF2400ISHC.jpg   awning2.jpg  

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
Old 10-21-2013, 08:26 AM   #47

Name: asdf
Trailer: asdf
Alabama
That's a nice gen.
jwcolby54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 08:35 AM   #48

New Jersey
Registry
Thanks, well worth the $1300 for it. Ive heard people go back and forth about the honda/yamaha 2000's being able to handle a small ac or not... figured the next size up since it could run my parents fridge if they lost power for an extended time and wouldnt be a strain on the generator either so it should last longer.

Old 10-21-2013, 08:46 AM   #49

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gretchen View Post
Yes, you do have a point about the propane. But, if we have power outage here (at home) no worries, we use a wood stove most of the time anyway. And, here in the southeast, its not that cold, and when it is, we are not camping. So, I am fine omitting the propane heater and stove.
Gretchen, you are lucky to have a wood stove. Here if the house has been built in the last 15 or so years, no wood stove or fireplace - they have been outlawed...
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 01:23 PM   #50

Name: Thom
Trailer: Chevy AWD Van Conversion
Astoria Oregon
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by honda03842 View Post
Are you near Port Orford?
: )
? if that is a Q for Cari & I..?
At the Astoria Golf Course (Northwest tip of Oregon). Just down the road from the Airport/NOAA station. Beautiful area, though a handful of times during the winter one really needs to batten down the hatches!!
Archive: Parkliner #35 build thread
accrete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 01:35 PM   #51

Florida
Thom, We often stay in that area. We were at Port Orford one year and had win speeds of 105. We were out at Cape Blanco, the western most point in the lower 48, and you almost could not open your car door. Ginny was just leaning into the wind and not falling over.

The coast of Oregon is really great.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
Old 10-21-2013, 01:37 PM   #52

Florida
Carol, One winter our son lost power for an extended period. We gave him an inverter that he powered off his car battery. It allowed him to run his heating system, keeping them toasty warm for a few days. An Inverter and a tank of gas in your vehicle can substitute for a generator in an emergency.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16

Tags
parkliner