Northern Lite Graphics - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-30-2017, 09:31 AM   #1

Name: Tryonbrewer
Trailer: Northern Lite
South Carolina
Northern Lite Graphics

Northern Lite suffered a devastating fire a few years back and all of their graphics files were lost. I own a 2001 9.6 Queen Classic Northern Edition truck camper and am interested in buying new decals for the entire camper. Several of the sign/graphics companies in the area have indicated they are unable to recreate the images because mine are so faded.

Does anyone know if there are "vintage" graphics files available for any of the 3 basic images on these campers? A FibergassRV user, "Wayne D", posted images of a 1999 (really a 2000) 16' NL trailer with exactly the same graphics. Here is one of the pictures:

These images are much better than what I have on the 9.6 Queen Classic. If anyone has these image files or knows where they can be found, please let me know. Price for reproduction is not an issue (within reason) as I'd really like to restore this fantastic camper.

Thanks!!!

Terry
tschager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 11:40 AM   #2

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Northern Lite Truck Campers still exist. Although they may not have the side decals available, the "Name" and "Duck" decals are still being used on their current models. Maybe you can get those decals from them. THEN, it appears the side swooshy decals are solid colors... even if each are different colors. You might be able to get someone to reproduce those is you do a "rubbing" of what's on your camper. You know, tape paper to the side and use the side of the pencil lead to rub the shape.

https://www.northern-lite.com/
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 09:31 AM   #3

Name: Tryonbrewer
Trailer: Northern Lite
South Carolina
Hi Donna,

I tried contacting Northern Lite a few months ago but they were unable to help. A number of local sign companies were also contacted with high-res photos sent to them for reference. Using the forum to reach out to others was basically the last resort in trying to get the restoration materials after searching for about a year and a half. Thanks for your suggestions though.
tschager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 11:25 AM   #4

Name: bob
Trailer: Was A-Liner now 13f Scamp
Missouri
grafics

I don't know about the grafics but I love your trailer.

nice indeed

bob
k0wtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 01:58 PM   #5

Name: Kelly
Trailer: Trails West
Oregon
No doubt about it they hired the graphic work out to another firm and they do not have someone on their staff who can recreate the lost images. Basically they blew you off with their answer as it is not cost effective for them to have new decals made with the old style graphics. Plus they will not have the volume of sales of the old styles to justify the cost of recreating them. It is a practical business decision on their part.

But all is not lost.
Photoshop has great tools for outlining imported images of photos and also tools for adjusting contrast and correcting any skewing of the image that may have happened in the photography of the subject matter. So if you have skills in such a graphic program (Gimp is a free open source software clone of Photoshop) you can create them for yourself and then send the digital image files out to a vendor to be reproduced as decals or cut vinyl depending on what is most appropriate. If you don't have the skills youtube is full of instruction videos on the various graphic programs showing step by step how to do the needed tasks.
k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 08:02 AM   #6

Name: Kathleen (Kai: ai as in wait)
Trailer: Amerigo FG-16 1973 "Peanut"
Greater Seattle Metropolitan Area, Washington
Registry
Agree with the above advice. We snagged images of the amerigo logo and found a number of vendors on eBay who will make custom decals for you. We used several different people as we didn't know who would do the best job...so we spread it out. They all did a fine job.

My suggestion: get those images snagged, and find yourself a vendor or so on eBay. E-mail them the images and see how it goes.

You could also hire a local artist / auto decorator to reproduce the swooshes. Ask at nearby high schools, vo-tech auto programs, and auto paint shops.

I wish you good luck; it'd be a lot easier if the company would be more helpful, wouldn't it!?

WHEN you succeed...and persistence can pay off...will you send us pics?

BEST
Kai
Old 11-01-2017, 08:12 AM   #7

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Blew him off is right. Northern Lite is currently using the exact same decals for the name and ducks. While they may not be producing them and have outsourced the production, they were less than helpful. You'd think they would want a classic trailer of their brand to look as good as possible. Customer Service is obviously sadly lacking.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 09:09 AM   #8

Name: bob
Trailer: Was A-Liner now 13f Scamp
Missouri
graffic ideas

some of the new guys around here can really do some fantastic work. they do self created body wraps. I would think a good place with photo work and their computers could make you whatever you wanted.

good luck

bob
k0wtz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
northern lite