The new 13' boler is back in Canada! It's now called the"Armadillo" - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-07-2014, 07:14 AM   #21

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: All...Looks like Escape's decision to leave the 13' scene was a good one. It's getting crowded!!!
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 02:05 PM   #22

Trailer: Boler 1984
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByFiberglass RV1418933091.852090.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	288.4 KB
ID:	79265
Armadillo beer ... The official beverage?

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV
james kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 02:23 PM   #23

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikmay View Post
I'm not going to comment on the quality of the build or design as we are a potential competitor but I am curious about their statement that they have two of the original moulds. Are they the complete moulds with all the interior components and the inset tail lights which I don't see on their prototype or just the top and bottom shells

Why not send them a PM and ask? They introduced themselves and their new trailer back in November. Thread titled Hi All.

Interior components per the photos are not fibreglass so can't see a need for the original's in that regard.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 02:24 PM   #24

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by james kent View Post
Attachment 79265
Armadillo beer ... The official beverage?

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV
LOL now that would be a great marketing tool - del'v every trailer with a fridge full of cold Armadillo Beer
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 03:04 PM   #25

Name: Borden and Carole
Trailer: 1978 Earlton Ontario boler
Ontario
Registry
Weight of the finished product will be of interest to the membership as
weight affects the tow vehicle required and mileage while towing
Old 02-14-2015, 08:54 PM   #26

Name: Rae
Trailer: Boler
Ohio
Glenn, I'm with you. Sounds very suspect ...
rowdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 09:14 PM   #27

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
This website is for the same unit and shows real well....armadillo trailer manufacturing
Old 02-14-2015, 09:39 PM   #28

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Well, they've built a web site.
Old 02-14-2015, 10:15 PM   #29

Name: Greg
Trailer: 1987 Lil Bigfoot
Alberta
Looks like they have been doing Boler re-builds for a while now and have got their hands on the old Lil' Bigfoot molds. They are just down the road from where the Bigfoots were built so that makes some sense. I'm guessing they haven't actually built one of these yet and are still working on making the shells. I see on their website they list the tongue box as an option, which might be really interesting for Boler/Scamp owners.

We are heading out to Summerland BC next week to pick up our refurbished Lil Bigfoot windows from Sunview, plan to give these guys a call and see what they are up to, going to be driving right by anyways. Might be a good source for parts for my Lil Bigfoot.
skogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 11:51 PM   #30

Had another look at the new site and they still can't spell and they need a proofreader. Seem to lack attention to detail.
Old 02-15-2015, 08:57 AM   #31

Alberta
Lucky for them they plan to build trailers and not websites...
But yes, the website is rather unfortunate.
Old 02-15-2015, 09:10 AM   #32

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
For me, a poorly produced (or monitored) website is a sign that there might not be much attention to detail in the product either. That's not just my personal opinion, its a marketing response.
Its odd that they have never checked back in with updates. They have a lot of potential customers on this site and could be creating more interest in their product right now.
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 09:22 AM   #33

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
Trip to Summerland

Quote:
Originally Posted by skogan View Post
Looks like they have been doing Boler re-builds for a while now and have got their hands on the old Lil' Bigfoot molds. They are just down the road from where the Bigfoots were built so that makes some sense. I'm guessing they haven't actually built one of these yet and are still working on making the shells. I see on their website they list the tongue box as an option, which might be really interesting for Boler/Scamp owners.

We are heading out to Summerland BC next week to pick up our refurbished Lil Bigfoot windows from Sunview, plan to give these guys a call and see what they are up to, going to be driving right by anyways. Might be a good source for parts for my Lil Bigfoot.
While you are in Summerland you might check with the RV dealer on the east side of the hiway to see if they still have a Lil'BigFoot on their lot. Several have asked about the one I saw there last fall.

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 01:25 PM   #34

Name: Mark
Trailer: 1969 Boler (Flat Top)
British Columbia
Registry
They seem to have launched an updated website.

armadillo trailer manufacturing

Much improved. Includes history and experience. Yes, they're using the old lil' Bigfoot molds. Production photo's and ... pricing! Base model starting at $14,500. Up to $21,900. Priced options list.

Wish 'em luck
(#183)
WildBirder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 02:22 PM   #35

That's the web-site I was referring to. The trailers have "- Entery door eyebrow gutter". Not a typo. Same spelling appears elsewhere, along with other errors.
Old 02-19-2015, 04:05 PM   #36

Name: Mike
Trailer: 2012 Escape 19
Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam Garlow View Post
...Its odd that they have never checked back in with updates. They have a lot of potential customers on this site and could be creating more interest in their product right now.
Well, we didn't exactly give them the warmest reception. And still quite a few critical, skeptical comments. Maybe they just aren't thick skinned. We can be a tough crowd to please.

A couple of years back I was one of the skeptics when Smoak came on here and started describing the future Snoozy. But sure enough, they produced.
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 06:20 PM   #37

Alberta
Dropped by Extreme RV where the Armadillos are going to be built and chatted with Jason Jong, one of the brothers involved with this operation. They are an RV repair shop and have been rebuilding Bolers for some time now. Jason said he worked for Bigfoot for about 10 years, building trailers and truck campers before going off to do his own thing. He managed to get his hands on the Lil Bigfoot molds and will be building them on an individual custom order basis. Basically what you see on the website is what we saw in the shop unfortunately, was hoping to see a fully built one.

Jason was very friendly and knowledgeable, I really did enjoy chatting with him about this side project of theirs. He has some very interesting ideas regarding the interiors of these trailers and the benches/cabinets that he had built looked really nice. He was also helpful and forthcoming with information regarding some of the work I was planning for my Lil Bigfoot.

This could be a good option for someone who wants a 13' trailer with a full custom interior but they really do need to get a couple demo models built first.
Old 05-24-2015, 09:44 AM   #38

Name: Charmaine & Dave
Trailer: ARMADILLO
British Columbia
Soon to be Armadillo owners!

We stopped by Armadillo in Enderby,BC this weekend and spoke with Jason. He's a great guy with a tremendous passion Bolers and the like. We had seen a few examples of the customizations he had done on different Bolers, and they always stood out in our minds, as the best we had seen. In fact, we very nearly purchased one of his customs for our first Boler, but unfortunately we were not in a position financially to make it happen, and eventually settled on buying the 1972 Boler we found a few months later. He showed us around his manufacturing/workshop area and we stepped inside the prototype, which was about 50% complete. We were very impressed, blown away in fact! We had a chance to tour the inside of a new Airstream Bambi last summer and we find the fit and finish of what the Armadillo has so far to be on par or better. So here we were talking to Jason about some work we wanted to get done on our Boler, and what sorts of ideas we could incorporate, and before you know it we decided we wanted a brand new unit, and we have committed to buying one of the new Armadillos instead. We left him with a deposit and a long list of secret customizations, and hopefully sometime in the next couple months we will be back to pick up Armadillo number 1! Very excited!
Dave & Charmaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 10:05 AM   #39

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
Hmmm, I've lost count, how many "New" 13's are coming on-line this year???

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 10:15 AM   #40

Name: kootenai girl
Trailer: 1976 Trillium 1300
British Columbia
Gosh, that is very exciting. Keep us updated as your build progresses.
kootenaigirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
armadillo