Need to Repair/Replace Shower Drain Scamp 16 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-16-2016, 05:16 PM   #1

Name: Teal
Trailer: Scamp 16
Arizona
Need to Repair/Replace Shower Drain Scamp 16

Greetings Friends,

When I purchased my 16 Scamp (Gem)... this past winter in deeper inspection once home we noticed that the shower drain and pump that hangs down under the in the front floor of the wet bath, was cracked. It appears the previous owner hit something and it cracked the shower drain. QUESTION: has anyone had to replace this part? and can it be had from Scamp trailers? I tried calling but missed their hours with our time zone difference.

I plan on having a skid plate manufactured and put under the trailer to protect it and possibly move the pump to a better location protected up under the frame. I don't understand why Scamp installed this way does anyone else know why? or why it cannot be relocated?

Thanks very much for the insight on the part and relocation of pump and protecting the equipment in general.

The Gem and Teal
Teal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 07:59 PM   #2

Trailer: Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Scamp sells all the parts you need and it's best to call them, you might save a little on shipping. The pump is needed since the drain is lower than the holding tank. The pump is not a bad thing it prevent grey water filling up your shower pan. You can also get parts from Amazon. If you have Prime the and shipping will be less. You can find the parts you need on the Scamp Parts section of their website. A few people make guards for their front plumbing there are post on the site of what they did.
Eddie
Eddie Longest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 08:07 PM   #3

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...6-a-72610.html
Eddie
Old 02-17-2016, 09:51 PM   #4

Trailer: 2000 Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
The sink and shower drains / traps are generic parts I found at my local RV dealer.

They come out pretty easily. Pull the drain line, remove the trap by removing the two screws and pulling it off. Then the remaining bottom part will unscrew from the top part. You may need a helper to prevent the top part from turning while you unscrew from the bottom.

--Dan Meyer
Dan Meyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 06:00 AM   #5

Arizona
Thanks guys... I will check with my local RV dealer and see what they have. Scamp does not have this part in their parts section on the website, but I will call to see if they have it anyway. I did not find it on Amazon... where was it that you saw Scamp parts there Eddie?

Thx, Teal
Old 02-25-2016, 06:20 AM   #6

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teal View Post
Thanks guys... I will check with my local RV dealer and see what they have. Scamp does not have this part in their parts section on the website, but I will call to see if they have it anyway. I did not find it on Amazon... where was it that you saw Scamp parts there Eddie?
Thx, Teal
It's not this? Plumbing : Sink Trap

I was told it's the same part as used typically on tent trailers.
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 07:46 AM   #7

Donna found the trap. With a sink drain you usually use a sink drain in the botom of the sink with a strainer, in a shower I a use a bathtub drain which has a screw in sealing plug.
Eddie

JR 2" Bathtub Drain - Drains - Showers & Tubs - Plumbing
If you have an older Scamp with gravity drain this is what you really want to use in your shower pan.
Old 06-12-2016, 05:55 PM   #8

Arizona
Lightbulb Shower Sub pump outlet

Howdy Awesome Eggers,

Thank goodness everything is working fine in my little Gem... 16 ft Scamp with bath/shower. I do have a question... the sub-pump for the shower pan
underneath the trailer shoots out the grey water on to the ground... it appears that a fitting is broken off or a cap on a fitting was there... I can tell its broken off.

I looked at pumps online and cannot see the detail of the outlet fitting so can't tell what it is suppose to look like, my manual does not have a diagram either.
And... if a line belongs there to take the water into the gray water tank... where would that hook into?? I don't see a spot to take it back into a tank.

Your comments are appreciated...Teal
Old 06-12-2016, 06:15 PM   #9

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teal View Post
I looked at pumps online and cannot see the detail of the outlet fitting so can't tell what it is suppose to look like, my manual does not have a diagram either.
And... if a line belongs there to take the water into the gray water tank... where would that hook into?? I don't see a spot to take it back into a tank.

Your comments are appreciated...Teal
What year is your trailer? Scamp has changed the shower plumping a bit over the years and depending on what layout you have it may also differ.

Posting a photo of the underside pump area would help.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 06:51 AM   #10

Shurflow pumps are most common on Scamps. The most common pumps have a 1/2" NPT male threaded fittings. Shurflow sell barb fittings for their pumps available at RV stores or Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&ke...l_8vn031fepd_e
Shur flow also uses another style fittings on newer model pumps that uses an O ring seal not threads and is held in place with a bayonet tab.
The drain line should run down the drivers side frame rail to the grey water tank. On newer scamps the drain line loops around under the frame rail to the rear of the tank where you will see a barb fitting. The older scamps have a barb fitting next to the drain outlet fitting.
Eddie

Tags
scamp