17 ft escape bathroom - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-29-2018, 10:03 AM   #1

Name: Ginny
Trailer: Escape
Alaska
Registry
17 ft escape bathroom

My 6'1" husband was able to attend a rally last year in which he toured a 17 ft Escape. He said the bathroom wasn't tall enough for him and he couldn't stand up in it. I've never heard anyone mention this. We currently have a 13' Scamp so we're used to small spaces. Does the Escape bathroom have less headroom than the rest of the trailer? He said he had to step up into the bathroom. I want an Escape but he says the bathroom situation is a deal breaker. Thanks.
GingerB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 01:11 PM   #2

Name: Mike
Trailer: 2012 Escape 19
Oklahoma
Ginny, the answer to your dilemma is simple. "Honey, we need a 19' Escape!" You see, the bathroom in the 17'er is only 68" high, but the the bath in a 19' or a 21' is 72" high. You also gain 3" of headroom in the rest of the 19' interior. Scroll down and click on 'specifications' at http://escapetrailer.com/trailers/the-19-foot-escape/

Now, it's up to you to work your wiles and charm...
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 06:59 PM   #3

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
Headroom in most molded trailers is highest in the center and lower in the sides. It’s one thing about side bathrooms you will usually find less head space.

Realize on most of the areas on the sides of an Escape you have cabinets so you are not standing in those spots. Not the case with the bathroom.
thrifty bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 07:16 PM   #4

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
In the spirit of TMI, if you are taking a shower, you can sit on the toilet lid. If you are taking a pee, you likely have your head bowed, if you're guiding the stream.
"We aim to please, you aim too please".

There is a lip at the entrance to the bath to keep water from flooding the trailer. You step over it, not up onto the floor. Some owners have installed a teak floor mat, which would reduce headroom.
Old 04-29-2018, 08:36 PM   #5

Name: Dave
Trailer: 2013Escape 21
Iowa
Need to attend another rally. Check out all the Escapes in stocking feet. Close the door and go through the motions. I’m about 5’10 inches tall and around.....well maybe a little less, and I can easily shower in the gen 1 19 or 21. I cannot, however, develop full volume when doing a duet with Pavarotti on the blue tooth, can’t spread my arms far enough.
Iowa Dave
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 08:47 PM   #6

Name: Robert
Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Past Tents" 2018 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB SuperCrew
Arkansas
Registry
The bathroom shell insert does mean there's a little less headroom in the bathroom than there is in the rest of the trailer. It makes the floor slightly higher than the trailer floor (very little) as well. You don't so much step up into the bath as step over the door frame. But, in a trailer with limited headroom to start with, every inch counts. I second the idea of a 19 for a taller person vs a 17. Yes, more length, more money, and maybe requiring a different tow, but you'll be more comfortable in a 19 in every respect if you're a taller person.
Old 04-29-2018, 10:18 PM   #7

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Of course, if you install an exterior shower, then the sky's the limit as far as headroom is concerned.
Attached Thumbnails
exterior shower.jpg  
Old 04-30-2018, 11:46 AM   #8

Name: Bob
Trailer: Parkliner 2014
Georgia
At 6'2" I can stand in the Parkliner shower. I expect all trailers will be shorter in the shower to allow for the drain.

And I checked out a side bath Scamp 16 once; a few minutes of seated shower would not have been a problem, ceiling at below 6'2", less where knobs, etc., come down, would have been.
FishingBob is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
escape