SOLD: Love Bug-16'-1986-in Iowa - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-22-2006, 06:41 AM   #1

Trailer: Love Bug
Hi Everyone,
Selling 1986 Love Bug as I've bought a small motorhome. Available in northern Iowa.
Features: Dual propane tanks, 3 burner stove, AC, Fantastic Fan, Refrig (AC), new tiresand spare, new back stabilizers, new bumper, Awning, porta-potty, double stainless sinks, table converts to queen bed, front couch converts to bunks, lots of storage. Prior owner pulled furnace (AC ceramic heater works well to heat). Unit is ready to go, pulls easily (includes equalizer set-up), and is roomy inside. Price-$2950.
Old 05-22-2006, 08:07 AM   #2

Trailer: Scamp
Send pics to bdiscount@yahoo.com. I'm in ND

Quote:
Hi Everyone,
Selling 1986 Love Bug as I've bought a small motorhome. Available in northern Iowa.
Features: Dual propane tanks, 3 burner stove, AC, Fantastic Fan, Refrig (AC), new tiresand spare, new back stabilizers, new bumper, Awning, porta-potty, double stainless sinks, table converts to queen bed, front couch converts to bunks, lots of storage. Prior owner pulled furnace (AC ceramic heater works well to heat). Unit is ready to go, pulls easily (includes equalizer set-up), and is roomy inside. Price-$2950.
Old 05-22-2006, 10:04 AM   #3

Quote:
Send pics to bdiscount@yahoo.com. I'm in ND
sending photos your way-thanks for looking-cheryl
Old 05-22-2006, 12:31 PM   #4

I've put up a quick website with pictures-click this link to view-

http://www.freewebs.com/86lovebug/lovebugpictures.htm

I'll try to add more as time allows. Thanks, Cheryl
Old 05-23-2006, 08:41 AM   #5

Trailer: Scamp
Quote:
sending photos your way-thanks for looking-cheryl
Thanks for the pics but I don't plug into AC very much. I need a gas fridge and furnace. Otherwise the price is rite and looks good.
Old 05-23-2006, 10:29 AM   #6

Trailer: Casita 16 ft 1984 and U-Haul CT13 1985
Registry
This looks like a wonderful trailer with a great layout. Are you sure it's just a 16 footer though? It looks a little longer than I'd expect, and I noticed that you have a queen-sized bed.

Jeanne
Old 05-23-2006, 11:01 AM   #7

Trailer: Boler Honey
The fridge is AC. The air conditioner looks like it is AC only as well. This appears to need a power source - either a plug or a generator. Am I right?
Old 05-24-2006, 09:25 AM   #8
brian07

Hello,

can you email me pics please. i tried the website you listed photos on but did not, could not find them. my email is rouchb@bc.edu

thanks,

brian

Quote:
Hi Everyone,

Old 05-24-2006, 11:28 AM   #9

Quote:
This looks like a wonderful trailer with a great layout. Are you sure it's just a 16 footer though? It looks a little longer than I'd expect, and I noticed that you have a queen-sized bed.

Jeanne
Hi Jeanne,

Good eye. I just went out and measured from the back bumper to the front of the hitch-just over 18'. By the way, I pull it with a Ford Explorer-6cyl.
Cheryl
Old 05-24-2006, 11:29 AM   #10

Quote:
The fridge is AC. The air conditioner looks like it is AC only as well. This appears to need a power source - either a plug or a generator. Am I right?
Linda,
Both the Air Conditioner-which works very well-and the refrigerator are AC only.
Cheryl
Old 05-24-2006, 11:31 AM   #11

[quote]
Hello,

can you email me pics please. i tried the website you listed photos on but did not, could not find them. my email is rouchb@bc.edu

thanks,

brian

Is anyone else having problems with the link to the pictures? I'd appreciate some feedback. Thanks. Cheryl
Old 05-24-2006, 04:13 PM   #12

Cheryl,
The first time I tried the link, no problem. When brian said he had problems, I tried again. It went to some odd place. So I clicked the link again and it worked fine. Just now I tried once more and it went to the same site as the second attempt. I noticed though that it said that the link was sponsored by this company and to wait to be redirected. After a few seconds (it counted down) the link went through and I went to your pics. Yesterday when it went there, it didn't count down, but just stayed at the sponsor site. Maybe that is what is happening to brian?
I think my question about AC should have been: Is everything in the trailer AC only? Or is there a 12v system for some things like the lights and water pump?
Old 05-24-2006, 04:33 PM   #13

Quote:
Cheryl,
The first time I tried the link, no problem. When brian said he had problems, I tried again. It went to some odd place. So I clicked the link again and it worked fine. Just now I tried once more and it went to the same site as the second attempt. I noticed though that it said that the link was sponsored by this company and to wait to be redirected. After a few seconds (it counted down) the link went through and I went to your pics. Yesterday when it went there, it didn't count down, but just stayed at the sponsor site. Maybe that is what is happening to brian?
I think my question about AC should have been: Is everything in the trailer AC only? Or is there a 12v system for some things like the lights and water pump?

Thanks Linda for checking out the link to the pictures-you do need to wait to be directed like you say-it counts down the seconds at the top and then takes you to the pictures.

As far as your question-there is a 12V system for lights, fan, and the water pump. The stove works on propane. The only things that are AC exclusively are the refrigerator and the air conditioner. Hope that answers your question. Cheryl
Old 05-25-2006, 07:52 AM   #14

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
For those who might be interested.

My experience has been, If I'm in a remote area without A/C, I use a 750 watt inverter off a battery. You will be able to run the refrigerator (depending on the setting you use for cooling) for approx 2 to 3 days if your using a deep draw marine battery on your rig. Unfortunatly the amperage draw is to much to run the window A/C or a microwave. The inverter I currently use for the A/C frig in my van is a 750 watt Vector unit I purchased at Walmart. I run my laptop computer, coffee maker, tv and dvd player and most power tools with out any problem. I'll typically carry two fully charged batteries and have all the power I need for a weekend. I'll use one just for the inverter and frig and the other to power the van lights, fantastic fan and outlets.

Help this helps.

Ed
Old 05-25-2006, 10:44 AM   #15

Thanks, Ed. That was a great help. It gives me more options. I assumed if I had an AC fridge I wouldn't be able to use it all without a plug in site. Now I see its more flexible than that.
Old 05-25-2006, 11:08 AM   #16

Trailer: Y2K6 Bigfoot 25 ft (25B25RQ) & Y2K3 Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Linda, and remember that new 3 way fridges can be had for as little as $440 at places like CW.

Dometic RM2139 refrigerator

Roger
Old 06-19-2006, 09:51 AM   #17

Trailer: 2005 Scamp 13 ft
Hi Cheryl,

I believe we share the same hometown. In fact, I drive by your Lovebug frequently! A couple of times we have had our Scamp in tow and I've honked if someone is outside.

Good luck selling your rig.
Old 06-27-2006, 03:29 AM   #18

Trailer: 1983 Burro
What a cute bug! Is it still for sale?
Old 06-29-2006, 12:52 PM   #19
Claire R

Quote:
Hi Everyone,
I'm a new "wannabe" and am very interested in your Love Bug. Is it still for sale? I'm located in the Twin Cities, MN (not too far away!). Please e-mail me directly at cross1963(a)junodotcom. Thank you!

Old 07-07-2006, 05:21 AM   #20

Trailer: 2005 Scamp 13 ft
I just drove by this trailer last night. It is still in her driveway with a for sale sign on it...

Tags
love bug