1978 Trillium 4500 in Oklahoma - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-19-2016, 06:57 AM   #1

Name: Brian
Trailer: '73 & '74 Hunter
Oklahoma
Registry
1978 Trillium 4500 in Oklahoma

It is for sale on Craigslist in Northwest Oklahoma. My wife and I went to see it but we didn't buy it because it wouldn't fit in our garage. I'll try to post the link but I'm not very good at that sort of thing. Vintage Trillium Trailer
Brian G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 10:19 AM   #2

Name: Steve
Trailer: Fleetwood Prowler
Alabama
That is a nice looking trailer. Too bad it would not fit in the garage!
SteveSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 05:42 PM   #3

Trailer: One 13 ft Scamp and One 13 ft Trillium and Two Trillium 4500
This camper looks like it once had a roof A/C unit on top you can see in the pictures of the outside where the added build-up piece is on the roof.. Also looking at the kitchen picture there is a metal post that helps support the roof that other Trillium's do not have, wish he would have posted pictures of the ceiling inside the camper so we could all see just what is going on there.... Couldn't tell if this one had a toilet in it at one time or another because he didn't supply a picture of that area either.. The kitchen cabinet is extended out for the larger refrigerator also...
Randy Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 05:48 PM   #4

His pictures...or some of them anyway.....Don't know why some posted big and some are small... Still haven't figured this stuff out...
Attached Thumbnails
00505_fYGNEg9oVsG_600x450.jpg   00I0I_bCtiAbCpVQx_600x450.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 09-19-2016, 05:51 PM   #5

Re-try some of these....Picture with the metal post first...........
Attached Images

Old 09-19-2016, 06:17 PM   #6

Oklahoma
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Bishop View Post
This camper looks like it once had a roof A/C unit on top you can see in the pictures of the outside where the added build-up piece is on the roof.. Also looking at the kitchen picture there is a metal post that helps support the roof that other Trillium's do not have, wish he would have posted pictures of the ceiling inside the camper so we could all see just what is going on there.... Couldn't tell if this one had a toilet in it at one time or another because he didn't supply a picture of that area either.. The kitchen cabinet is extended out for the larger refrigerator also...
I looked at the trailer. The seller told me he thinks the built-up area on the top of the camper was designed that way to accommodate an air-conditioner. He said a relative of his bought it new, so I infer it has never had an a/c. From up top, there is a crack on this built-up area. From inside the trailer, the ceiling is concave in the corresponding area. In the middle is a white cover about 12 inches square attached on the corners with screws.

This trailer is equipped with a toilet. It is behind a door next to the fold- down seat at the hitch end.
Old 09-19-2016, 07:13 PM   #7

I've had one with the A/C on top but it was shot and I took it off because over the years the roof had started to sag.. I fiber glassed the hole and threw the built-up piece in the garbage because no one wanted it.. It was huge and weighted a lot would have been very costly to ship anyway.. If that camper was closer I would jump on it front baths with a toilet I've found to be scarce as hen's teeth...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian G. View Post
I looked at the trailer. The seller told me he thinks the built-up area on the top of the camper was designed that way to accommodate an air-conditioner. He said a relative of his bought it new, so I infer it has never had an a/c. From up top, there is a crack on this built-up area. From inside the trailer, the ceiling is concave in the corresponding area. In the middle is a white cover about 12 inches square attached on the corners with screws.

This trailer is equipped with a toilet. It is behind a door next to the fold- down seat at the hitch end.
Old 09-20-2016, 08:42 AM   #8

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
Someone needs to grab this trailer! It solves the two issues my wife had with a Trillium: air conditioning and a toilet. Love the front bench seat!

13 foot vintage trailer plus bathroom plus roof air = priceless.

I need to resist!

Randy, that looks like a bunk above the dinette.
thrifty bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 09:01 AM   #9

Oklahoma
Registry
Yes. It has a bunk above the dinette. It also has trailer brakes.
Old 09-20-2016, 09:11 AM   #10

I don't think it is still available.. sent the seller a e-mail but haven't heard anything back.... Wish I had his phone number.... I'm headed to Kansas first of November if he can hold it till then I might buy it...
Old 09-20-2016, 11:08 AM   #11

Oklahoma
Registry
Seller told me someone is supposed to pick it up today. He said he will call me if the deal falls through.
Old 09-20-2016, 01:54 PM   #12

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian G. View Post
Seller told me someone is supposed to pick it up today. He said he will call me if the deal falls through.
Saves me a long, long drive to OK. Thanks! I have another model to add to my tracking list.
Old 09-22-2016, 01:11 PM   #13

Registry
Finally got a reply from the seller, it is sold

Tags
trillium