Lanesboro, Mn - Egg Fest #3 - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-15-2007, 08:18 PM   #21

Trailer: 2006 16 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe / 1993 Surburban
Registry
<span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%">just a freindly reminder If you have not registered for our 3rd fall egg get together in Lanes"burro" </span>

You only have a couple of weeks to register , then the sites are available to anyone not in our group.

Hope to see you there
Jim H
Jim Hovind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 09:16 PM   #22

Trailer: Scamp 13 ft
We are new here (but were on a few years ago when first looking to buy a Scamp)--and we're planning to be in Lanesboro for the Egg Fest!!! Have called Eagle Cliff, but need to call back w/ a credit card to confirm.

Can't wait to see everyone!

Kendra & Kirk
K Weber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 05:40 PM   #23

Trailer: Scamp
My wife, Lynne, and I have only been able to use our new Scamp 4 nights so far this summer but two of those were in the Eagle Cliff Campground. We signed up for the same site for the rally and are looking forward to meeting more Scamp owners and finding out some of the finer points of using our new little home away from home. Lee
LLerberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 07:10 PM   #24

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
New canoe, new bikes, new friends that we met at Scamp Camp in Nauvoo and convinced to come to Lanesboro. Even golf game has gotten better. I guess we are ready for Lanesboro.

Hope that they have not lost the reservation I made the day after the last one. I better check.

CindyL

PS: Oh, and new UHaul fiberglass RV to show off. I guess I have gotten used to Howie.
Old 08-07-2007, 01:21 PM   #25

Trailer: U-Haul 16 ft Vacationer
Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin A
Quote:
New canoe, new bikes, new friends that we met at Scamp Camp in Nauvoo and convinced to come to Lanesboro. Even golf game has gotten better. I guess we are ready for Lanesboro.

Hope that they have not lost the reservation I made the day after the last one. I better check.

CindyL

PS: Oh, and new UHaul fiberglass RV to show off. I guess I have gotten used to Howie.
Wife mentioned being nervous about the reservation made last year. I just called and it is OK. In fact, I added an extra day so we will be at the campground from Sept. 21-24. Can't wait!

Kevin A
Kevin A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 07:55 AM   #26

Trailer: 1996 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel ('TOGETHERNEST' SLEEPS 8
At our bluegrass fest this past weekemd I noticed a strange trailer made of fiberglass and I talked to the fellow about going to our meet , and he replied that he couldn't as their Hi Low club was meeting that same weekend at Eagle Cliff camp near Lanesbouro. So it looks as if there will be another Fiberglass group there at the same time as us.SEE YOU ALL THERE I GOT DIBBS ON THE BEEF STEW AGAIN.
Lyndon Laney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 10:17 PM   #27

Trailer: 74 13 ft Boler and 79 17 ft Boler
We are thinking about the Lanesboro meet but can`t commit as yet.....Does that campground fill up or is it possible to get spots in September? ....Benny
Benny K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 08:33 AM   #28

Registry
Just checked with Eagle Cliff this morning.
They are fine only lost a couple of tent sites near the river.
Our event will have no issues.
We have 18 of 29 sites spoken for so if you know of any one who has not made reservations yet please have them do so..

Friday night we will have a bonfire near the beaten Burro and a Meet and Greet.
Saturday afternoon we will have trailer tours before the Potluck.
Saturday night we will have a Potluck and bonfire.

If you have not check out the area here are some links;
http://www.lanesboro.com
http://www.eaglecliff-campground.com
http://www.harmony.mn.us

looking forward to another great event.
Old 08-24-2007, 01:47 PM   #29

Thanks for checking, Jim. We were very concerned with all the flooding just a few miles east in Rushford. Keep us posted if they get any more huge rains! (I bet the mosquitoes will be fun by mid-Sept!)
Old 08-24-2007, 02:07 PM   #30

Registry
"Beaten Burro?"
Old 08-24-2007, 07:14 PM   #31

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft
Hi Kevin and Cindy -
I just read about the Lanesboro egg camp - I need to read about the upcoming rallies more often. We should be there - if there are any open sites - we may be slow but we're always ready to scamp! Glad to read that you made it home safely - even though it took a long - long - long time.
Hope to see you soon - Dave and Kate
Kate and Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 08:18 PM   #32

Registry
Better sign up if you haven't already. Fun time. Fun place. They have biking, canoeing (if the water is safe - we planned to bring ours), an Amish market, a theater, a golf course, antique stores, a winery, a museum and maybe more things that we did not see. You will know folks at this camp from Nauvoo if not elsewhere. Bill and Greg are coming. They have a couple of friends from Minneapolis who are coming down too.

We will see what next we can break on our UHaul on this trip but have a good time. We almost ended up stranded in a little town in Montana on vacation but met a great UHaul dealer. A long story that can wait until Lanesboro.

See you there. What's the phrase, God willing and the creek don't rise?!! And rise And rise...

Cindy

PS: We are waiting for repair on live wires across the backyard. We lost 3 very large limbs. One took down the neighbor's fence and blocked the alley access for everyone. But Kevin was able to cut it back, so people can get through until the tree folks come. Another took down the power lines. But the electricity still works and the electrician said that as long as we don't walk in the grass, it will be fine until the can fix it. The third came down across the front of the garage and hit the trailer. But Howie survived with nary a scratch!!!!
Old 08-25-2007, 04:16 PM   #33

Registry
The beaten Burro.
Yes for thoose you have not seen the Beaten Burro I bought it in 2003 and it was totally trashed.
I have been working on the insides but the out side is rough. In Fact I have not washed it since our 6000 mile adventure last winter through Minnesota, Iowa,Missouri, Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, Utah, New Mexico, Colorado. Kansas, Missouri, Iowa, Minnesota.

We can still play guess which state this dirt if from.

See you there.
Old 08-26-2007, 09:13 PM   #34

Trailer: 16 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Quote:
The beaten Burro.
Yes for thoose you have not seen the Beaten Burro I bought it in 2003 and it was totally trashed.
I have been working on the insides but the out side is rough. In Fact I have not washed it since our 6000 mile adventure last winter through Minnesota, Iowa,Missouri, Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, Utah, New Mexico, Colorado. Kansas, Missouri, Iowa, Minnesota.

We can still play guess which state this dirt if from.

See you there.
We can not wait. Sounds like it is going to be lot of fun. Thanks to Cindy and Kevin for inviting us. Bill and Greg
William Schumacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 08:48 AM   #35

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft
Hey were in!
Just made the camp ground reservations.
We may not be in the same nest with all the other eggs - but close by will do.
Can't wait to see the other Lightweights!
Kate and Dave
Kate and Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 03:54 PM   #36

Quote:
Hey were in!
Just made the camp ground reservations.
We may not be in the same nest with all the other eggs - but close by will do.
Can't wait to see the other Lightweights!
Kate and Dave
Glad to hear you're coming! The mosquitoes may be interesting ( and as big as robins) but the people are great. Don't forget to bring something for the potluck on Saturday evening. Fun around the giant campfire, too!

We'll be trying out our new gazebo for an extended stay. The First-Up worked well for one night of no-wind on the way back from western Minnesota a couple weeks ago and we've since gotten a nice wind screen to go with it. Works great as a big front porch for the UHaul. I'm putting on a heavier hitch this weekend so that we can carry the two bikes, too. Work is really stressful right now with the opening of the new school year (yes, I'm a district administrator!) and the trip to Lanesboro will be a fun break. See you all soon!

Kevin
Old 08-31-2007, 06:13 AM   #37

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Good morning

I am new to this site. We are in the market for some form of rv to use for our winter travels. I see that you are having a gathering here in Lanesboro. I am looking forward to seeing some of your units. Can you set up a Scamp 5th wheel to be used as a bumper pull?

As some of you have heard, there was serious flooding east of Lanesboro. I would like to report that the bicycle trail between Lanesboro and Whalen (4 miles east) has a washout but the rest of the trail west of here is just fine. The trail is also open from Whalen to Petersen and further (through Rushford where the flooding occurred) might not be available by then as the cleanup continues. The best information is available at the visitor's bureau in Lanesboro at 1 800 944-2670 or www.lanesboro.com.
If you have any other questions, please ask at the campground

Thanks,
Terry Neumann
Mrs B's Historic Lanesboro Inn
Terry Neumann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 02:56 PM   #38

Quote:
Good morning

I am new to this site. We are in the market for some form of rv to use for our winter travels. I see that you are having a gathering here in Lanesboro. I am looking forward to seeing some of your units. Can you set up a Scamp 5th wheel to be used as a bumper pull?

As some of you have heard, there was serious flooding east of Lanesboro. I would like to report that the bicycle trail between Lanesboro and Whalen (4 miles east) has a washout but the rest of the trail west of here is just fine. The trail is also open from Whalen to Petersen and further (through Rushford where the flooding occurred) might not be available by then as the cleanup continues. The best information is available at the visitor's bureau in Lanesboro at 1 800 944-2670 or www.lanesboro.com.
If you have any other questions, please ask at the campground

Thanks,
Terry Neumann
Mrs B's Historic Lanesboro Inn
Thanks for the biking update. We are planning to bring our bikes and to stop at the visitor's bureau. Please come on out and visit. You should see a good variety of fiberglass "eggs". Sorry I can't answer about the 5th wheel question - we've never had one.
Old 09-04-2007, 01:24 PM   #39

Trailer: Casita 2000 Spirit Deluxe
I will not be able to go due to one of my dogs being due to have puppies that weekend. She is looking pregnant and due anytime between the 21 to the 28. I don't feel I should travel that far with Daisy so close to delivering the puppies.
I am bummed about not being able to attend! Wish I was going, but $$ coming in from a litter of puppies just in time for Christmas was just to tempting to pass up.
I do want to let someone here wanting a really nice site to get it. I think I picked one of the largest and nicest sites, with no campers behind me.
I picked my site last yr, and will keep it for next yr, but can not go this yr.
So, if not having a site yet, or wanting a better site, tell them you want mine. I just called in and cancelled via the message recording.
I will miss seeing you all, and hope everyone has a great time. Hope to see you all next yr!

Karalyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 01:28 PM   #40

Registry
You will be missed, but hopefully we will see you next year.

Tags
eggcamper