Ever Evolving Egg Ownership - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-03-2007, 10:10 AM   #1

Trailer: Bigfoot 21.5 ft (25B21RB)

Click image for larger version

Name:	<a title=Awning.jpg Views: 72 Size: 92.7 KB ID: 5880" style="margin: 2px" />

Nancy and I did a two-week trip around Florida with our 17' Casita last month. It was ideal (at least to me) to use as our own accommodations while visiting our numerous relatives and friends. Then Nancy started to show signs of irritation at the close quarters. Uh oh. "Could we get something, maybe, just a little bigger?" Before I knew it I was again scouring the internet for the elusive used 21 foot Bigfoot. One that I could afford. One that wasn't over two thousand miles away. One that didn't sell before I could grab the phone. There was never any hope that I would find such a combination, but I could tell Nancy that I was looking. Imagine my shock when I discovered a 1997 Bigfoot 21 only one state over and still not sold! Should I tell Nancy and risk having to sell my beloved Casita? Well, sure I did. And so it all came to pass and we now have bought our third fiberglass trailer since I innocently stumbled across this forum in 2003. Where does it all end?

I intended to post my Casita for sale on this website. I posted it on the Casita forum first and it went immediately. Before I could even think about it. Wish I could have afforded to keep both trailers.

The Bigfoot is a fine trailer but I don't feel like I am in a classic little egg anymore. My gas mileage has suffered greatly. It catches a lot more wind. But Nancy loves it (so far). At least I was able to stay with fiberglass. Some principles I will never compromise.
David and Nancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 10:29 AM   #2

Trailer: Boler 1984
Great looking trailer.
Hang in there. We're all in this together."Red Green"
james kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 10:49 AM   #3

Trailer: Scamp 13 ft
That is one handsome trailer! It obviously was meant to be...

And, I hope that you both are content with your new BigFOOt. We ladies like our space. I take mine outside which is where i want to be anyway. I don't care if I have rain running down my neck - outside is what it is all aboutt! However, our egg is turning out to be a pretty cozy place.

Good luck and great fun!
Christine D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 01:20 PM   #4

Trailer: Y2K6 Bigfoot 25 ft (25B25RQ) & Y2K3 Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Quote:
now have bought our third fiberglass trailer since I innocently stumbled across this forum in 2003. Where does it all end?
David, admitting your problem is the first step; but it will be a life-long fight. I have been there and I can help you. It's a twelve step process...

Quote:
The Bigfoot is a fine trailer but I don't feel like I am in a classic little egg anymore. My gas mileage has suffered greatly. It catches a lot more wind. But Nancy loves it (so far). At least I was able to stay with fiberglass. Some principles I will never compromise.
There is some compromise that can be made for comfort. One must remember that if one's travelling companion isn't happy, NO ONE is happy!

Roger
Roger H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 12:04 PM   #5

Trailer: Boler Honey
Roger,
You said it is a twelve step process....He now has his third fgrv...does that mean there are 9 more in the future?
Having just gotten my first, this is a scary thought!
lwehrly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 01:51 PM   #6

Trailer: 1986 U-Haul CT13 ft
Ya gotta train 'em right. After 40+ years of backpacking and canoe camping, my wife thinks the UHaul 13 is the lap of luxury - "Why would anyone need more space than this?"
jack maloney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 02:34 PM   #7

Trailer: 13 ft U-Haul
My wife's car is our tow vehicle... a 2003 Honda Element.

She loves her Element and vows to keep it until it dies and no longer runs.

This makes it easy to nix any ideas of upgrading to a bigger trailer.
Buck62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 08:27 PM   #8

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Unhappy

Quote:
Attachment 5880

And so it all came to pass and we now have bought our third fiberglass trailer since I innocently stumbled across this forum in 2003.

...Where does it all end?

...Wish I could have afforded to keep both trailers.

...The Bigfoot is a fine trailer but I don't feel like I am in a classic little egg anymore.

...My gas mileage has suffered greatly.

...It catches a lot more wind.

At least I was able to stay with fiberglass. Some principles I will never compromise.
Thank you for sharing this.
Every time I see a BigFoot 21 for sale, I become filled with desire.
I dream of it being the perfect fulltiming rig for me.
But, I'm not ready to fulltime it just yet...

Tags
eggcamper