Parkliner Tire Rub issues? - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-30-2013, 03:47 PM   #41

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
So what was the response or resolution of the problem by Parkliner? Has it been disclosed yet?
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 03:56 PM   #42

Name: Francesca Knowles
Trailer: '78 Trillium 4500
Jefferson County, Washington State, U.S.A.
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
So what was the response or resolution of the problem by Parkliner? Has it been disclosed yet?
Disclosed to whom?

From the immediately preceding posts, it sounds like the involved folks are talking to each other-?

Francesca
Francesca Knowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 04:01 PM   #43

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Pray tell, perhaps the 2 owners will let the rest of us know how it has been resolved to their satisfaction. Curious minds like to know? Is it a different tire or wheel on these two units, or do all the units made have this issue and the owners are just not aware? It does not seem logical that the mold would change.
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 04:17 PM   #44

Name: Mark
Trailer: Parkliner
Alabama
Quote:
I received one response from Chandler from my initial email asking for pictures and details from the rim. I haven't heard back as to his thoughts on what is wrong and how to resolve as of yet. I will update when I hear something.

Note: I sent in pics yesterday.
Birmingham1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 04:19 PM   #45

Registry
Thanks for the update, Mark!

Quote:
Pray tell, perhaps the 2 owners will let the rest of us know how it has been resolved to their satisfaction. Curious minds like to know? Is it a different tire or wheel on these two units, or do all the units made have this issue and the owners are just not aware? It does not seem logical that the mold would change.

Time will tell, Jim...

I'm just as curious as anyone, but probably have more time than many to follow these interesting threads.

In "normal folks time", it's been a mere 24 hours. I try to bear in mind that such people probably have other things to attend to as well, such as having an actual life!

Francesca
Old 04-30-2013, 04:19 PM   #46

Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesca Knowles View Post
I'm confused as to the word "fender"- is that on the streetside of the wheelwell? When I look at Parkliner pics that side just looks open to me.

The picture that Thom posted (post #29) looks to me like it's of the inside vertical surface of the well- the trailer body side.

Are your rub marks in a different location?

Francesca
I think our rub marks are in the same location....the streetside of the trailer.
Old 04-30-2013, 04:45 PM   #47

Name: Thom
Trailer: Chevy AWD Van Conversion
Astoria Oregon
Registry
By the time i got home today ~1530 pacific, Cameron had replied via email ensuring (and i never doubted) that the issue would be resolved to our satisfaction. That Chandler was researching the issue in house and working through possible causes and solutions.

On the tire, mine is the same as stock/listed on PL site and this thread.

On my image. I am looking at the curb side tire pointing camera from my position about 6" back from front corner edge of tread looking diagonally toward the front fiberglass body/fender well. There seems to be no rub going on elsewhere (rear/top/etc).

Thom
Archive: Parkliner #35 build thread
accrete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 04:55 PM   #48

Name: Jack
Trailer: '98 BURRO 17WB
Delaware
Chandler and assistant pulled two of the earyl PLs to Williamsport PA last summer, one delivery, one demo. No report from the owner taking delivery suggests that the problem is of recent origin. The "streetside" rub, if that indeed points to inside of one well and outside of the oppo, suggests the problem in in axle manufacture or axle mounting.

jack
rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 04:57 PM   #49

Name: Tim
Trailer: 2006 Casita
New York
I've checked mine since reading the thread, and I don't have any problem like Mark & Thom are having. I'll be interested to see what the problem is and the fix.
Tim Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 05:00 PM   #50

Registry
Hey, Thom!

Now that you're home from work, presumably rested, and (perhaps) prepared to deal with busybodies like me:

How about measuring the depth of your wheel well, just to satisfy my 'satiable curiosity? I'd have asked Mark, but I think his trailer is stored elsewhere than at home...

Francesca
Old 04-30-2013, 05:37 PM   #51

Alabama
Here is another picture that may clear up some of the confusion about location. In this picture, the front of the trailer is to the right. If you look close, you can just see the rubber marks on the bottom leading edge. It is happening at the same location on both sides of the trailer.
Attached Thumbnails
008.jpg  
Old 04-30-2013, 05:39 PM   #52

Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Wood View Post
I've checked mine since reading the thread, and I don't have any problem like Mark & Thom are having. I'll be interested to see what the problem is and the fix.
Thanks for checking! I will do my best to keep everyone updated.
Old 04-30-2013, 05:43 PM   #53

Name: Michael J
Trailer: U-Haul VT
Indiana
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesca Knowles View Post
Hey, Thom!

just to satisfy my 'satiable curiosity?
Francesca
After all these years together, I finally find out on this forum that you are a fan of "How the elephant got its trunk". I Used to read it to all three of your Semi Step daughters when they were young and am now starting on some of your 7 Semi Step Grandchildren. Apparently we have more in common than I thought.
Michael J.
mmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 05:55 PM   #54

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Would be a nice courtesy if we could give the manufacturer a chance to solve the issue before we all start asking for trailer specs and wildly speculating on the cause of the problem.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 06:20 PM   #55

Name: Tim
Trailer: 2006 Casita
New York
Mark, Looks to me like there just isn't enough clearance to the right of the tire. Mine seems to have more clearance there, if I could get a decent picture I would take one but I'll probably have to wait until I get it out of the barn.
Tim Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 06:22 PM   #56

Name: Tom
Trailer: none
Minnesota
Registry
a torsion axle actually springs in a arch, unloading axle tire will go down and forward, loading axle will make tire go up and forward, not much but maybe enough, picture to me looks tight. When i fitted my Scamp with 14 in wheels i didnt have problems with back or top ....it was the leading edge wheel opening cutout, due to the articulation of axle, and wider tires but that was a retrofit also
Hambone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 06:22 PM   #57

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol H View Post
Would be a nice courtesy if we could give the manufacturer a chance to solve the issue before we all start asking for trailer specs and wildly speculating on the cause of the problem.
That would leave one or two posts a day.
Glenn Baglo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 06:25 PM   #58

Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Wood View Post
Mark, Looks to me like there just isn't enough clearance to the right of the tire. Mine seems to have more clearance there, if I could get a decent picture I would take one but I'll probably have to wait until I get it out of the barn.
It is a difficult area to get a good picture of because of the angle and shadows. I can't really tell, but looking at your picture of the PL on this site it appears mine curves slightly inward at the bottom and yours does not?
Old 04-30-2013, 06:45 PM   #59

Name: Thom
Trailer: Chevy AWD Van Conversion
Astoria Oregon
Registry
just some ramblin' thoughts as i pass this way...

Francesca, On measuring the wheel well? I could not even begin to give any numbers that would make sense. It curves inward and nothing i shared would help any one ponder what is going on.

Egg-Family... my apologies if anything i have said has offended or come off as wanting to stir-up-trouble (and i'll even include Mark and hopefully not put words in his mouth)... In no way is anything in this post/thread intended to suggest Chandler or Parkliner crew inability to rise to the challenge and solve this. I think the beauty of this forum is that many heads can get together and brainstorm, which i believe is happening (elephant trunk included . Chandler has not seen this arise yet, so maybe someone's Ah-Ha moment could point to a solution.

Thom
Archive: Parkliner #35 build thread
accrete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 07:23 PM   #60

Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by accrete View Post
just some ramblin' thoughts as i pass this way...

Francesca, On measuring the wheel well? I could not even begin to give any numbers that would make sense. It curves inward and nothing i shared would help any one ponder what is going on.

Egg-Family... my apologies if anything i have said has offended or come off as wanting to stir-up-trouble (and i'll even include Mark and hopefully not put words in his mouth)... In no way is anything in this post/thread intended to suggest Chandler or Parkliner crew inability to rise to the challenge and solve this. I think the beauty of this forum is that many heads can get together and brainstorm, which i believe is happening (elephant trunk included . Chandler has not seen this arise yet, so maybe someone's Ah-Ha moment could point to a solution.

Thom
I agree. I haven't ever stated (or even thought) that Parkliner isn't willing or able to resolve this problem. I did have concerns about getting their attention, but that has been resolved and they are now involved. After meeting Chandler, I'm 100% convinced a solution will be found.

That said, this forum has many folks with experience, knowledge, and abilities...a solution just might come from here too. At worst, I gained the emails that got me in contact with Parkliner, alerted others (like Thom) to the issue, and I've learned some things about axles. All good.

I would still steer someone towards Parkliner in a heartbeat!

Tags
parkliner