My ParkLiner's (New to me) 2010 Nissan Frontier - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-03-2014, 05:37 AM   #21

Name: Tim
Trailer: 2006 Casita
New York
Yep we have a Frontier also like Raz mentioned, and really love the truck. One thing that I really like about the Frontier is its all set up for towing from the factory. I think you are going to really like towing with it, and will like it just as much not towing too.
Tim Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 06:53 AM   #22

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
well when I get called in to work today for snow cleanup will be nice being in a heavier 4wd vehicle lol.

Hey Tim how do you do for gas mileage with and without your ParkLiner?

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
deryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 08:26 AM   #23

Name: Tim
Trailer: 2006 Casita
New York
Deryk, I usually get around 20 mpg without towing, and 16mpg towing . Now that can vary either way depending on speed, hills, etc. But I'm very pleased with my Frontier. Glad you guys brought up changing the Cabin Filter, as I'll do that before heading south next month.
Tim Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 09:53 AM   #24
MC1

Name: Wayne
Trailer: Airstream Sold, Nest Fan
Ontario
Way da go Deryk!

Our last 3 TV's vehicles were Nissan's. They seem to have rock solid drive trains when used as TV's. Enjoy!
Attached Thumbnails
quest stable 019.jpg  
MC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 11:24 AM   #25

Name: Thom
Trailer: Chevy AWD Van Conversion
Astoria Oregon
Registry
Congrats deryk...your rigs look nice together!

from a guy who's also partial to White & White

Cheers,
Thom

Archive: Parkliner #35 build thread
accrete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 11:42 AM   #26

New Jersey
Registry
Thanks Thom, yeah white and white looks great together!

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
Old 01-09-2014, 04:53 PM   #27

Name: Steve
Trailer: Scamp 13
California
Deryk Good choice now you wont be so stressed when you arrive at your camp site. Get some good lock down method for your generator in the back of the truck. No more gas smell or the generator beating up the inside of your trailer anymore. Someone on this site stores his generator on a cart the height of his pick up bed and slides it in and out of the truck without lifting makes life easier.
I like Nissans I have a 2001 Pathfinder and its a joy to tow with. I added an external tranny cooler and do not tow on anything that isnt flat in overdrive. In its life in my possesion Fluid changes and 2 timing sensors and 1 set of front brake pads were all that were necessary maintainance.
stevebaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 10:35 PM   #28

New Jersey
Registry
Thanks Steve, I hope for many great adventures of stress free towing!

Actually, I shut the fuel off on the generator and run it dry and honestly, even in the summer heat there hasn't been a single smell of fuel. The gas jug though does get strapped down in the bed of my truck. I might take the trunk off the rear of my ParkLiner since I could chain it into the bed of my Frontier... but want to take her out on a windy day and see how different it feels towing with a much heavier tow vehicle...the Rav4 was kinda light weight.

Old 01-10-2014, 02:11 AM   #29

Name: Leonard
Trailer: not yet
California
Deryk, does your Nissan have the factory tow package? Or did you have to set it up yourself?
LeonardS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 06:50 AM   #30

New Jersey
Registry
Factory tow package

Tags
parkliner