Update on the ParkLiner Story - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-04-2014, 02:39 PM   #1
Commercial Member

Name: Cameron
Trailer: ParkLiner
North Carolina
Update on the ParkLiner Story

UPDATE ON THE PARKLINER STORY
All of us at Park Liner are excited about the coming year and want to share the reasons for our anticipation of many positive things in the months ahead.
There has been a lack of communication with both potential customers and Parkliner owners in the past. This is unacceptable and changes have been made to keep this from happening going forward. All of you in the marketplace deserve to hear why we have been behind schedule with production and have not been communicating with you.
First, while our trailers are built to the highest standard, we did have two unforeseen design issues with the first trailers we built. Some tires were rubbing the wheel wells and some of the batteries were emitting fumes from under their seat location. Since our first principle of business is integrity, we felt compelled to address these issues with existing owners and modify their trailers. The wheel wells have been enlarged and the batteries relocated to the trailer tongue. This action required time and money. Consequently, as a small company with limited manpower and financial resources, this put us behind.
Second, since each of our trailers is custom built to the customer's specifications, the build time is longer than that of production campers. This individualized approach sometimes caused an unanticipated delay in meeting our production schedule.
The next issue involved business management. Small business owners traditionally have more to do than can ever get done. This is true with our company and consequently some things were neglected. In our case, management of the company suffered. To overcome this, we have retained the services of a business consultant with over thirty years of experience in creating efficient business models. The improvements have already begun.
Having said all of the above, we are excited about the future of Parkliner and look forward to serving our customers and providing a camper that sets the highest standards of design and quality. We look forward to outfitting your adventures and taking you somewhere fun!

Best, Tom at ParkLiner
parklinercameron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 02:59 PM   #2

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2013 Lil Snoozy #161 (SOLD)/2010 Tacoma
NE Oklahoma
Thanks for the update. We're all rooting for Parkliner
and really appreciate being allowed to follow in the progress.

Looks like you're off to a stronger and better year.
carlkeigley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 03:02 PM   #3

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Do you have your trailer warranty terms and conditions in writing customers and potential customers can read?
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 05:43 PM   #4

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
Glad to hear! I love my new to me ParkLiner! It ties well, fulfills my needs...obviously size limits on a 15' trailer but I'm very happy with it.

I would suggest dropping the fantastic fan and go with the Max fan deluxe so it can be used on a rainy day. I'm planning on replacing mine this spring. Its just one of those things that just makes sense.

Wishing you guys the best!

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
deryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 06:28 PM   #5

Name: Thom
Trailer: Chevy AWD Van Conversion
Astoria Oregon
Registry
Lightbulb

Greetings Cameron, Tom, & Parkliner crew,

I have sent a PM to the original poster's (CameronParkliner) fiberglass RV PM relating to factory approved wheel well work that has just been completed on our PL#35 and the trailer is ready to come home

Thanks in advance for following through with the boatyard crew.
Thom Lester
Archive: Parkliner #35 build thread
accrete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 08:49 PM   #6

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
I do believe every single all molded towable owner (and future owner) is pulling for Parkliner to be successful

Thanks for checking in with all the great members at FiberglassRV. This place is marketing heaven and we'll spread the word of good things going on with Parkliner.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 09:30 PM   #7

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
Hopefully this is the beginning of a great success story. Parkliners are nice trailers that the owners seem to love, in spite of the problems.
David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 12:57 AM   #8

Name: Betty Lou
Trailer: Ready to purchase.
Delaware
Parkliner update

Wonderful to hear such encouraging news about Parkliner. Continuing to cheer you all on and really want to see Parkliner be a huge success! Must say that having phone messages and emails going unanswered since before Thanksgiving really needs to be properly addressed especially when we put our deposit down back in Sept when we feel in love touring the PL that was there for modifications. Thank you for posting the great news that the business plan includes evaluating customer service/ communication needs. Wish each of you only the best! Betty Lou and Bev Chiffons aka 2Sisters.
BL Chiffons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 10:01 AM   #9

Name: Monica
Trailer: Exploring fiberglass, 2014 Chevrolet Silverado 4.3L V6
Michigan
I am looking forward to seeing a Parkliner for the first time at the Charlotte RV show this month. I have had an interest in your trailer for the past several months but was discouraged by the comments here on poor customer service. I am very happy to hear that this aspect of business operations is being addressed. I can also attest that when I contacted you last week about whether you would be at the Greensboro RV show or the Charlotte RV show, your email response came withing 24 hours!
drstock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 10:16 AM   #10

Name: Alice
Trailer: 2018 Casita SD - Kondo A-Go-Go
Utah
Registry
Very happy to hear customer service is being addressed. This is paramount to a successful business. Once the ducks get lined up, I am sure things will go more smoothly. Our forum members here will certainly keep us updated. Best of luck.

KONDO A-GO-GO - I GO WHERE I'M TOWED
Wallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 10:10 PM   #11

Name: Darron
Trailer: In the market
Texas
This is excellent news.My wife and I plan to by a travel trailer in the next few months, and we've had Parkliner near to top of our list for several reason. This may put y'all back at the top.
Doc Sarvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 02:03 PM   #12

Name: Thom
Trailer: Chevy AWD Van Conversion
Astoria Oregon
Registry
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by accrete View Post
...factory approved wheel well work that has just been completed on our PL#35 and the trailer is ready to come home

Thanks in advance for following through with the boatyard crew...
Just a quick FYI & update...Chandler called me on Wednesday night about 9:30pm his time (NC) and said he would get the above finalized Thursday... And at about noon on Thursday I got a call from the boatyard owner that our rig was paid for and ready to be picked up. . . 2:30 Cari backed the Parkliner into its home next to our Mobile Suite here at the golf course

Chandler stated that his business manager would be showing the Parkliner at the NC RV show.
Archive: Parkliner #35 build thread
accrete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 08:50 AM   #13
Administrator

Trailer: Casita 1999 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Registry
A new thread has been created for a request from a member who wants to look at a ParkLiner in the Michigan area.
Info on Adding Photos to a Post
RV Life Network FAQ
Mary F is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
parkliner