Perris Pacer Decorating - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-07-2010, 08:04 PM   #41

Name: sherry
Trailer: Traveleze
Alaska
Quote:
Originally Posted by richard c View Post
Your are going to have a first class resort for this coming weekend. Really anxious to see all you have done to the camper.
I can see I need to get to work on the `BUG`-people say the Casita is cute as a bug so decided to call it `Bug`.
See ya next weekend.
Reitha

Richard - the bug is a cute name. I call ours the lady bug since my girls were convinced we were going to paint our old scamp to look like one. I guess we can give our new perris pacer the same one until we find one that fits.
have fun camping. our next trip in in two weeks.
highlandsgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 09:44 PM   #42

Trailer: 1988 Perris Pacer ('Bean') / 2004 Element
Registry
Reitha---I love the name BUG---just think Bug and Bean

Since Deely can't help me make Rick's Camp Kitchen this week, I am giving my "poor man's" kitchen a make-over. Painted the milk crates tonight. I'm going to make a bigger top with a spot for the dish drainer, and maybe 2 drop down leaves.

I forgot to take the camera this morning when we did the floor. I'll get a pic tomorrow.

Sherry---where do you live? Wish we were close---I'd help you any way I could. Wonder why the table support won't come off? Is it bolted?
Vickie B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 10:17 PM   #43

Alaska
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vickie B. View Post
Reitha---I love the name BUG---just think Bug and Bean

Since Deely can't help me make Rick's Camp Kitchen this week, I am giving my "poor man's" kitchen a make-over. Painted the milk crates tonight. I'm going to make a bigger top with a spot for the dish drainer, and maybe 2 drop down leaves.

I forgot to take the camera this morning when we did the floor. I'll get a pic tomorrow.

Sherry---where do you live? Wish we were close---I'd help you any way I could. Wonder why the table support won't come off? Is it bolted?

I live outside of Carson City, Nv. I'm hoping to make it to a meet sooner or later. lol I wish you were closer too. I'd love to have someone close to me that loved working on their trailer as much as I do. lol I can't stand that my floors didn't match either. actually nothing matches.
The table base had rivets and I think maybe glued down. I drilled out the rivets and did everything possible to get the base up but it wasn't even budging. when you're standing at the door looking in to the left the floor is about 4 in from the bottom of the sink and on the right side it's about 3 in difference. by looking at it I would guess that the left side bowed up and the right side is just about right. I have two weeks before camping to fix it. lol my fingers are crossed. I let you know how it works out.

I'm sorry Reitha, I saw your name and for some reason put Richard. I love the name bug!
Old 08-08-2010, 06:34 PM   #44

Registry
Sherry, you are working so hard! And I bet it's hot in Nevada! Here in Nebraska we are under a "hot weather" warning for the next few days at least. We paid hookey from church today, and worked from 8:00 am to 11:30 am on the camper.

Here's a picture of the floor.
Attached Thumbnails
P1010002.jpg   P1010003.jpg  

Old 08-08-2010, 06:41 PM   #45

Registry
In June we took the bunk hardware out (I even took the board out of the part of the couch that makes the top bunk.) This left a ledge where the piano hinge was attached. I attached a piece of trim molding across the front. I just wish I had gotten a wider trim to make a higher ledge for putting things on the "shelf".

The same molding was added to the top of the screen door frame, making another little "shelf" for eyeglasses/keys/etc.
Attached Thumbnails
P1010006.jpg   P1010008.jpg  

Old 08-08-2010, 06:45 PM   #46

Registry
We are lacking in electrical outlets. There is one on the dinette side of the kitchen, and one under the cabinet where the fridge plugs in. I wanted to utilize that outlet under the sink----so we cut a one-inch hole and put in a cover (like you see on computer desks, etc.)

Now I can run my plug for the coffee or toast right down through the counter.
Attached Thumbnails
P1010013.jpg   P1010014.jpg  

Old 08-08-2010, 09:51 PM   #47

Alaska
Vickie,
ooooh, I like the plug idea. I also love, love your floors!!! good job! Do you have the cabinet under the back window? I just ripped ours out and wasn't sure if this was an original or not.
It's been hot but not like it was last month and the nice thing is that around 4 it cools down considerably so it makes it nice to be outside. You have your trailer in a storage which is probably the smartest thing to do with the heat. I have 5 kids with 3 being little so, I have to keep it within reach. :0/

So I spent an hour reading the archives for floor replacement.....where to begin? lol I started on my floors since I got a little motivation going on after seeing your post along with others and pulled out the bunk and ripped out the floor. well, not really ripped out. lol I'm still in the process of trying to bang it out since they had fun with the glue. I was thinking...."what the heck am I doing" during the entire process. I have it half way done now and hope I'm finished by the time my camping trip comes in two weeks. UGH!!!! No more big projects. Of course since I have the bunk out I was thinking I should pull the lining out to redo it. lol I quickly stopped.
I think we might go with something similar to your floor or cork. We've been wanting cork in the house so we may test it in the trailer.
Anyhow, great pic's and probably not a good idea for me to keep looking since now I want to do even more to our trailer. I love seeing everyone's trailers......soooo fun!!! If I get a chance I'll post my disaster pic's.
Old 08-08-2010, 09:51 PM   #48

Alaska
Quote:
In June we took the bunk hardware out (I even took the board out of the part of the couch that makes the top bunk.) This left a ledge where the piano hinge was attached. I attached a piece of trim molding across the front. I just wish I had gotten a wider trim to make a higher ledge for putting things on the "shelf".

The same molding was added to the top of the screen door frame, making another little "shelf" for eyeglasses/keys/etc.

I want a shelf too!!!
Old 08-08-2010, 10:26 PM   #49

Registry
5 KIDS???? How do you find time to do anything?!?!?! Woman, you are and you should be

You must have the energy of a super-being! Now that I'm focused on my camper, my house has become a dumping ground. I have no interest in doing dishes, laundry, etc. It's even a chore to make sure the dog gets all her meds, how do you take care of a family????

Yes, do post pics! I don't have one of those cabinets under the back window. What were they for? I noticed them in some other pictures. It was like a door to nowhere----------

Well, time to go to bed and lay there sleepless 3 nights of questionable rest is getting old!!
Old 08-09-2010, 06:50 AM   #50

Trailer: 1970 (Circa) Compact Jr and 1993 Casita
Trying to keep up with Vickie and Deeley

Removing the bunk bed--I am fighting with a shelf type thing that the home made bunk bed had been attached to. There had been an original bunk bed -it had been taken out and a bed made with 2x4`s and nails and screws!
I am going to make a box type shelf to cover the wood -that I can`t remove-the wood has been fiber glassed into the camper. I worked into the night.
The cushion covers that I made didn`t turn out like I wanted so I am going to re-do them.
We put in some new lights, got a new lock.
I ordered a new bumper sticker that has a cute fiberglass camper on it. You can see it at zazzle.com-just type in fiberglass egg-all the stuff with the design will show up.
Next I am trying to cover a crooked carpet seam above the front window-don`t think the Casita manufacture did this-it bothers me -so grab the glue gun and stick something big there!!!
Going to grab a slice of toast and a glass of juice and head outside to continue the remodel.
Talk at ya later.
Ricky 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 08:04 AM   #51

Alaska
I actually have two teens out of the five that help a lot. Most of the time I let them ride their bikes around the driveway while I'm working. lol I would love sleep and you're definitely not the first one to tell me I'm crazy. haha I make the teens clean and my attention is 100% on the trailer right now. Just glad my husband does all the cooking.
The shelf did lead to nowhere and I thought was pointless so ripping it out made me nervous thinking maybe there was more to it. I took it out and it turns out it was completely pointless and rotted.

I am still trying to work on my floors which I can't believe I started right now. I know when I'm finished it'll be worth it but geez...... a lot of work.

@Richard or Reitha-(I hope I got it right)
It's amazing what people have done to these trailers. a portion of the floor I'm banging out was fiberglassed in which made my job even harder but like everything else I do I destroyed the tiles when taking them out so there's no turning back.
I hope you post pic's of your cushion covers when you've completed.....that's my winter project since I don't really sew. lol
I also saw the stickers on zazzle along with the key chains, etc. too cute!!
Old 08-09-2010, 08:10 AM   #52

Alaska
Quote:

Did you put the bunk back in after adding your shelf? I'd love to do this but need the bunk.
I'm going to stare at my trailer later and try to come up with something creative to.
Old 08-09-2010, 08:19 AM   #53

Registry
This is fun---sharing all our adventures with our campers!!!

Sherry--so glad to hear you have a couple teens thrown into the mix (or maybe not--having raised 3 teens myself!) Anyway, I can see where that is a big help to you!
Keep up the good work and don't get discouraged---you'll have something wonderful to show for all the blood, sweat and tears! (Unlike washing dishes---5 mins later the sink is full of dirty ones again--what's the point?!?!?!?)

Reitha--sounds like you are going to town! Sorry about the cushion covers--I can relate. Isn't Zazzle the best? Last year I got the key chain (mistakenly ordered the Airstream tho), some refrig. magnets, the bumper sticker and my CHRISTMAS CARDS there!!! Now Sherry knows who's REALLY crazy!!

Time for my toast and off to camper heaven!
Old 08-09-2010, 08:30 AM   #54

Registry
Sherry---the bunk stayed out for two reasons---the trim molding covers up the holes where the bunk hinge screws in, and I was trying to make the camper lighter and that front couch a "wider" bed. One of us sleeps on the double bed with the dogs, and the other sleeps on the front couch.

Taking the back cushion off (for sleeping time) gave us about 4 more inches of width, making it a very comfortable sleeping spot. BUT with the 1/2 inch hinged plywood in that back cushion (which becomes the top bunk)--it was very heavy and cumberson to move around in that tiny camper. So, took the apholstery apart, removed the plywood, and just slipped my slipcover on the foam.

Now when we make the front couch into a bed, we simply put the back rest cushion on top of the seat cushion, stuff some pillows into the 4 inch emply space, and make up the bed!

BTW---I have saved all the parts I've removed, so that in the event I should ever part with Bean (heaven forbid!!!)---it can be fully restored.
Old 08-09-2010, 04:59 PM   #55

Trailer: 1981 Boler 13 ft / 2005 Dodge Caravan
Registry
Quote:
We have a dog fence from a pet store, but it doesn't make a very big space (but it is very expensive.) I got a box of grid storage cubes at Target for $16 and expanded the size. With zip ties and binder clips, the possibilities are endless! (I use this method to make my guinea pig condo.)

I used just one layer of grid for where the fence would go in front of the camper and camper door, then expanded it to 2 grids high as it moves out from the camper and attached it to the dog fence.

It all folds up very nicely and is much lighter than buying a second dog fence to expand the circumference.

Note: the dogs are on the WRONG SIDE of the fence!!!
These grids are super.I use them and they make wonderful xpens at a reasonable price.Our dogs are small and are not jumpers so a pen made with single panels do fine.I also use them to make a condo and xpen for our bunny.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1001.jpg  
Pat C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 05:09 PM   #56

Registry
Ah, Pat----a fellow animal lover! That is the cutest picture! I see your animals live very well like mine! I just bought mine a new bed for camping, and they love it. I was going to pack it up, but they are in it all the time.

Great use of the grids. My 25 pound pug wouldn't jump over one, but the 21 pound pug does (when she wants to get in with the guinea pigs!)
Old 08-09-2010, 10:19 PM   #57

Alaska
Quote:
Sherry---the bunk stayed out for two reasons---the trim molding covers up the holes where the bunk hinge screws in, and I was trying to make the camper lighter and that front couch a "wider" bed. One of us sleeps on the double bed with the dogs, and the other sleeps on the front couch.

Taking the back cushion off (for sleeping time) gave us about 4 more inches of width, making it a very comfortable sleeping spot. BUT with the 1/2 inch hinged plywood in that back cushion (which becomes the top bunk)--it was very heavy and cumberson to move around in that tiny camper. So, took the apholstery apart, removed the plywood, and just slipped my slipcover on the foam.

Now when we make the front couch into a bed, we simply put the back rest cushion on top of the seat cushion, stuff some pillows into the 4 inch emply space, and make up the bed!

BTW---I have saved all the parts I've removed, so that in the event I should ever part with Bean (heaven forbid!!!)---it can be fully restored.

Vickie - We unfortunately haven't had the chance of bringing our dogs camping. After all the time of struggling with the little one's and camping gear we can't imagine trying to figure out where they would sleep along with trying to keep them close by.
It's funny though because I sleep on the bottom bunk and my little one's sleep on the bed with their daddy. It works great and I actually sleep.
Saving the parts was a good idea.

So, today I spent about 6 hrs just banging away at the floor and have almost all of it out......exhausting! I plan to finish up the little bit left and then cutting the new plywood to install. I'm hoping that goes a little smoother. lol After that I will install the cork flooring and carpet. OMG, as I was typing this I was informed by my husband that the cork has to be ordered and takes 10 days. lol hmmmm, we may be going with something else. Oh well I guess the worst is behind me for now. I will post pic's of my work and hopefully of the finished product. Fingers crossed!!!!!

Tags
dog fencing, perris pacer, screen room