UHaul Hub Assembly - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-28-2014, 03:54 PM   #1

Name: Pat
Trailer: 2011 Escape 15a
Minnesota
UHaul Hub Assembly

I went to UHaul website (epc.uhaul.com) to order replacement Hub / Spindle assemblies (23484001). Although the assemblies were listed, UHaul Rep Frank Settles stated they don't sell the hub assembly as other vendors carry them. He suggested I Google it. Well I tried, and could not find any that I was positive would work.

So my question to the group, who has replaced their hub assemblies, while keeping the UHaul axle and which part did you order (specific part number, please)? I want to make sure I order the correct part.

I know from reading the various posts, several people replaced the axle. I not at that point yet.

I am presently in the process of removing the shell from the frame (all body bolts out today) and getting the frame repaired and sandblasted.

Any help would be appreciated.
Lv4toys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 04:04 PM   #2

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
As far as I know only one Uhaul owner has had a hub failure. If you go to uhaultruckparts.com, then into miscellaneous parts and scroll way down to camper parts you should find the hubs listed. I bought two but is was a year or more ago. Or go into the document center here and there is a cross reference list of Uhaul parts and the info on what hub to buy from your local auto parts store.
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 04:08 PM   #3

Minnesota
Mary and Bob

I tried that yesterday and no luck... I could not get into my cart.

Could you do me a BIG favor and try it?

I finally was able to get on UHaul's ordering page and it states the hub is no longer available.

So does anybody have an extra hub they can sell me?

Thanks
Pat
Old 05-28-2014, 04:59 PM   #4

New York
Pat; I just tried and it seems to work OK. I've heard the Uhaul site doesn't work good with some browsers, maybe Firefox. I'm using Safari. Anyhow on uhaultruckparts.com I just went to misc. parts, scrolled down to camper parts, hub part # is 2348001. there is a tiny picture of a shopping cart which I clicked on and then it moved the part over to the left and above it was "checkout" which is the point where I stopped. Hub price is $56.85. Now these hubs are slightly different than the originals in that on the back side is a plastic cover with a plug-in connection. I'm assuming it is a ABS sensor, and that these hubs are what would be used on a car, as the ones noted in the cross reference info in the document center. Uhaul generally has good prices and free shipping over $25.
Old 05-28-2014, 05:45 PM   #5

Minnesota
Bob:

I tried ordering on three different computers and finally the one running Window 8 allowed me to place an order. Let's see if they actually have the hubs. According to UHaul.com (different web site) they are no longer available.

Thanks again
Old 05-28-2014, 05:54 PM   #6

Trailer: 2005 13 ft Scamp / 2004 Honda Odyssey
Pat,

We expect pictures, before, during, after. Get a photo album started, bring to WI gathering. If we can't see the trailer at least we can see what you are doing.

Nancy
Nancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 06:21 PM   #7

Minnesota
Nothing to see yet. All of the bolts holding the shell to the frame are out. Of course all of them were rusted. Hopefully, if everything goes well, the shell will be off the frame tomorrow afternoon. The place I am taking the frame to get sandblasted and primed has an opening so I can get it in right away. After the frame is done I plan on buffing the exterior - hopefully it will shine like the day it came off the assembly line. Next comes wiring and plumbing. Then it will be Nancy's turn - decorating.
Old 05-28-2014, 06:32 PM   #8

Trailer: 2005 13 ft Scamp / 2004 Honda Odyssey
Pat,

Before Nancy makes curtains she might want to see my mod at Egg Harbor. I think it will work. Maybe U-Haul doesn't have the little metal rods Scamp has.

Nancy
Nancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 06:40 PM   #9

Minnesota
Nancy won't be decorating Eggbert for several months. She's excited to get started, but I told her that all of the mechanical items needs to be done first.

I want to take our time and do it right. I am really looking forward to Egg Harbor, just so we can look at everyone's trailers.
Old 06-01-2014, 06:00 AM   #10

Minnesota
My new hubs arrived yesterday morning (yes Saturday) by FedEx. What great service by UHaul. Unfortunately, the frame is in the shop, so I can't see if the hubs will fit properly, but I am confident they will. I decided to install the new hubs and carry one of the old ones as a spare.
Old 10-01-2017, 09:24 AM   #11

Name: Don
Trailer: Currently shopping
Washington
Hubs for U haul CT-13

We just bought a CT 13 and while both hubs feel smooth and likely to last and be reliable I prefer to have an extra just in case. Does anyone currently know where one of these can be found? Thanks a bunch
Choosethisday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 10:58 AM   #12

New York
A certain GM rear hub will work. I don't remember which it is but that info is available in the files of the Uhaul Facebook group and probably is in the document center here. Go all the way down in the document center where manufacturers are listed and click on Uhaul to get to info on them.
Edit, last I knew Uhaul no longer sells them.
Old 10-01-2017, 02:38 PM   #13

Washington
Thank you for getting bact to me, I will see what I can find. I did look on the U haul site and truckparts.com site and they are not listed. Thanks again
Old 10-01-2017, 02:53 PM   #14

Washington
U Haul CT-13 hubs

Just wondering, has anyone looked up the GM 5X4.75 cross reference for the Uhaul 24384-001 hub? I may pull a hub off of the trailer and take it to a parts house to see what can be substituted. And, since we need new wheels anyway I may see what a Chrysler/Ford/Jeep 5X4.5 equivalent would be, simply because wheels with the correct offset are so much easier to find from these than the GM equivalent. Thanks in advance
Old 10-01-2017, 05:17 PM   #15

Name: Steve
Trailer: Scamp 13
California
Maybe some usable information here.

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...t13-46825.html
stevebaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 05:19 PM   #16

New York
If you want to stay with the original wheels, which have a different offset than anything else, you need a front hub for a '93 -2002 Camaro or firebird. part number should be 513090. new wheels are available on Uhaul's eBay store, part number 2351-6006. They occasionally are out of stock but eventually are replenished. The original Uhaul hubcaps (which are extremely rare) don't fit the new wheels. I carry a spare hub which I purchased from Uhaul several years ago, attached to my spare tire. There are only a couple known cases of a failed hub.
Old 10-01-2017, 05:42 PM   #17

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevebaz View Post
Maybe some usable information here.

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...t13-46825.html
since that old discussion Uhaul has made the original type wheels available to the public, they no longer sell the hubs or at least they are not available under their "camper parts" section of their truck parts site. The Facebook site is now the primary source of Uhaul camper information, with around 400 plus owners in the group
Old 11-15-2022, 09:09 PM   #18

Name: Mike
Bc
U haul trailer hub replacement

I needed a hub for one of these trailers and I found one at my local parts store! I’ve read the forums and some people have mentioned using a 93-2002 Chevy Camaro hub. The wheel hub spacing for this was 5x4.75! Plus it had threaded holes on it to bolt to the axles. I needed a hub that fit a 5x4.5 wheel lug spacing and my parts guy found one! Part # wbr930026. This hub is from a 1983-1990 celebrity, or a 2000-2008 impala, 1990-2001 Lumina, 2003-07 Monte Carlo! This hub doesn’t have the plastic plug on the back either! Perfect fit for the trailer I fixed!
Mike VH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2022, 06:45 AM   #19

New York
I still have two new hub assemblies that I bought from Uhaul's website. I think they have the plastic plug on the back so they are probably aftermarket hubs. Also have a used side window and new door striker that I would like to sell but won't ship the hubs or window.

Tags
uhaul