1984 U-Haul for sale near Atlanta - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-05-2017, 08:37 PM   #1

Trailer: Boler
1984 U-Haul for sale near Atlanta

I saw the 1984 U-Haul that I used to own is for sale on the Atlanta Craigslist.

https://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/r...272186458.html

The current owner has made a few improvements since he bought it from me about 3-1/2 years ago. Its a very nice trailer in great shape. I was the second owner after U-Haul so its currently on its third owner. I replaced the windows with New old stock units and put in a new floor. It has a roof mounted air conditioner and LED tail lights.

He's asking $8500 for the trailer - he's a nice guy who is very detail oriented.

Jack Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 07:15 AM   #2

Trailer: Bigfoot Silver Cloud -1988
Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin A
Looks great! Any idea about the zerk fittings on the bearing caps? Have the hubs been replaced? Also, what's the sewer hose tube used for on the front? Awning poles? It says it has a Porta-Potti, so no waste tanks.

Someone will get a wonderful trailer!
Kevin A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 08:55 AM   #3

Name: Nikki
Trailer: In the market
Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Walter View Post
I saw the 1984 U-Haul that I used to own is for sale on the Atlanta Craigslist.

https://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/r...272186458.html

The current owner has made a few improvements since he bought it from me about 3-1/2 years ago. Its a very nice trailer in great shape. I was the second owner after U-Haul so its currently on its third owner. I replaced the windows with New old stock units and put in a new floor. It has a roof mounted air conditioner and LED tail lights.

He's asking $8500 for the trailer - he's a nice guy who is very detail oriented.

Good morning! I live in the Atlanta area and am interested in this trailer. I am new to the trailer world and am having a hard time determining what a fair price is for this trailer. Saw on line that this model as a fully restored trailer is $8k. Whay constitutes 'fully restored'? Prices seem to really vary. Do you have any suggestions? Any response appreciated. Thanks!
nikkik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 09:47 AM   #4

Trailer: Bigfoot Silver Cloud -1988
Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin A
Prices vary widely on these. "Fully restored" is often in the eye of the beholder. Many CTs will sell for a lower price, but they won't have everything already done. You can buy more cheaply and then put additional time and money into it. I wouldn't be questioning this price myself. If you are interested, make an offer and see what happens.
Kevin A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 10:00 AM   #5

Name: Nikki
Trailer: In the market
Georgia
Thank you, Kevin!
nikkik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 04:34 PM   #6

Trailer: Boler
The story behind this trailer is pretty interesting. I bought it about seven years ago from a gentleman who lived about thirty miles NW of Atlanta. He was from the Chicago area and was friends with somebody who was the equipment manager for U-Haul for the Chicago area. Sometime around 1987 U-Haul decided to get out of the travel trailer rental business since they were so much trouble. Can you imagine renting travel trailers to lots of people who didn't know the first thing about them? (That's one reason the U-hauls have heavy duty frames and massive rear bumpers.)

He was looking for a camper to take his daughter to Disney World in Orlando and his friend told him that he had a lot full of trailers that had been sent to his equipment lot from all over the country for him to sell. He and the friend went to the lot and he said there were 60-70 trailers gathered there waiting to be sold off. He looked at every one of them and said he picked the very best one of them all. He then had a custom cover made for it by the same folks that made the cover for his big speedboat.

He used this trailer for an annual trip to Florida with his daughter from 1987 until he moved to Georgia around 2007.. It was always covered and was in great shape when I saw it in 2011. He said he was selling it to help pay for his daughter's wedding as she was all grown up and they wouldn't be using it to go to Disney any more. It had Mickey Mouse curtains in it and he said he had a lot of happy memories in that trailer. I told him I'd give it a good home and I kept it until I could buy the Eriba trailer I have now. I'd been chasing the Eriba for over five years and finally got the chance to buy it when the past owner (who beat me to it in 2010) got two-foot-itis and bought a new Lance 18' camper.

The current owner bought it from me and has added a microwave, awning and some extra lighting along with a bunch of other improvements. You'll have to contact him through the craigslist ad to get more details. He lives about six miles west of me and I still run into him occasionally. I'm guessing he's got his own case of two-foot-itis but I don't know.
Jack Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 05:10 PM   #7

Name: Bruce & Kaye
Trailer: U-Haul 13ct
Georgia
Registry
Hi!

I’m selling my U Haul,I’m about 2 1/2 hours south of Atlanta. If your still looking for a camper. Just listed it today.
BruceandKaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 11:59 AM   #8

Name: carla
Trailer: Scamp
Indiana
Very interested. Pictures?
Dry ground weight, bathroom/shower?
Ball hitch size?
Thanks,
Hopper
Hopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 12:12 PM   #9