Where are the Bigfoot trailer owners? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-19-2018, 05:40 PM   #1

Name: Bob
Trailer: Bigfoot
Texas
Question Where are the Bigfoot trailer owners?

We have traveled more than 10,000 miles this summer, going west and east, and did not see another Bigfoot trailer. From other discussions, I know that there are others. Where are you? We know of two couples who purchased new trailers this year, so it is good that they are still in production. They are such good quality and comfortable. We are located in the N TX area.
In fact, it seems like each year we are seeing fewer fiberglass trailers.
Bhamm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 05:49 PM   #2

Name: Roy
Texas
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhamm1 View Post
We have traveled more than 10,000 miles this summer, going west and east, and did not see another Bigfoot trailer. From other discussions, I know that there are others. Where are you? We know of two couples who purchased new trailers this year, so it is good that they are still in production. They are such good quality and comfortable. We are located in the N TX area.
In fact, it seems like each year we are seeing fewer fiberglass trailers.
Hi Bob! We have a 2015 bigfoot 25RQ. We are located in Midland,Tx. We are members of BOCI and are getting ready to go to a Bigfoot rally in a few weeks. Check out the Bigfoot Owners Club International website if you get the chance. Cheers!
Roy M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 05:53 PM   #3

Trailer: 2009 19 ft Escape / 2009 Honda Pilot
Registry
I have seen a couple dozen different ones this year. Looking at 3 right now in Winnipeg.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 05:36 AM   #4

Trailer: Boler
Registry
I bought a used 17' this summer. Sold my Boler. Located up in Canada.
Doug Arthurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 07:45 AM   #5

Name: Z
Trailer: Sasquatch
Montana
They are not as common, for sure. To completely make up numbers, out of all the trailers I see, maybe 5% are molded fiberglass. Out of those, probably 80% are either Scamp or Casita. I see more and more Escapes; maybe 10%. The remaining 10% are all the others, including Bigfoot.

I see a Bigfoot slide in truck camper maybe once every few weeks, and a Bigfoot trailer around once every two months. I definitely see them, but not as often as a lot of the other trailers, considering they've been in production for over 40 years and are still in production.

You definitely see more the farther north and west you go.
ZachO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 07:53 AM   #6

Name: Robert
Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Past Tents" 2018 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB SuperCrew
Arkansas
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZachO View Post
They are not as common, for sure. To completely make up numbers, out of all the trailers I see, maybe 5% are molded fiberglass.
I'm thinking even that estimate is a little high Zach. Probably 2 percent at best. We've stayed at very large RV Parks/Resorts maybe two or three times in the last several years. Hundreds of stickies and us as the only fiberglass trailer in the place.

Of course, that's anecdotal, and doesn't account for the fact that our tiny trailers tend to be found more at smaller parks or boondocking.
Old 08-20-2018, 07:54 AM   #7

Montana
You're probably right. That's the danger in making up numbers...
Old 08-20-2018, 08:18 AM   #8

Name: Dan
Trailer: Bigfoot 30th Anv. 25B25FB
Washington
Generally speaking I believe you'll find far more Bigfoot trailers, motor homes and slide in campers in the Pacific NW region than anywhere else outside of Canada. Good numbers in western Canada, especially British Columbia and Vancouver Island.

That doesn't mean you'll see them everyday on the road, but quite often you will see one. In addition used Bigfoots, whatever configuration can be found for sale on Craigslist in both the Seattle and Portland areas. There are also several dealers in Oregon and Washington.

Has a lot to do with proximity to the Bigfoot plant. Just like you'll find more Olivers down in the southeast than out here.
Wacenturion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 10:06 AM   #9

Name: juan
Texas
Hello Bob, ours is literally 'trapped' in our back yard here in South Texas (soon to be freed). juan
pachewheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 10:32 AM   #10

Name: Derek
British Columbia
We're seeing a bunch on our trip from Vancouver Island to Kluane Park in the Yukon.
All different sizes and conditions - getting lots of waves and headlight flashes.
burrorojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 11:06 AM   #11

Name: Robert
Trailer: 1987 Bigfoot B-17'
Washington
Bigfeet

There are several Facebook Bigfoot pages with more activity than the BOCI page.
The Bigfoot factory is currently turning out about 150 units a year. That's not many. They're only doing trailers and truck campers at this time.There was no production from 2008-2012 approximately.
Glass House is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 11:53 AM   #12

Name: Zac & Cathy
Trailer: Burro & 2006 21ft. BigFoot
California
Registry
BIGFOOT

Hi, we purchased a BIGFOOT 21 a couple of months ago, It's a 2006! We had a new Escape on order when this one came up out of the blue. We loved it so much that we canceled the Escape. We are planning our first trip this Oct. so we may be seeing you out there somewhere? We expect to be very happy campers.
Avey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 01:24 PM   #13

Name: Fred
Delaware
Where are bigfoots trailers owners?

I live in Delaware on the coast, on the border with Maryland. This is a resort area. SO, after season is over I can get time off from work to go camping. Also kids are back in school and campgrounds are a little quieter and they offer discount deals to keep campers coming in into the fall season.
Currently own 25RQ! Our third Bigfoot and we love it!
FredM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 01:36 PM   #14

Name: Bob
Texas
Glad to hear that there are others spread around the country; I did expect the highest percentage to be in the NW and in Canada.
Bhamm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 01:52 PM   #15

Name: jack
Arizona
I'm in Tucson after traveling full time for most of last year. I'll be settling out for the midwest and the east coast shortly.

Jack
2014 Bigfoot 2500 17.5 FB
tidewater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 02:19 PM   #16

Montana
I just saw a Bigfoot 19' going through Helena MT this afternoon.
Old 08-20-2018, 02:39 PM   #17

Trailer: 1988 Bigfoot Deluxe B19 19 ft / 2007 Nissan Frontier V6 NISMO 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZachO View Post
I just saw a Bigfoot 19' going through Helena MT this afternoon.
That's a rare sighting!
V'sGlassSleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 02:42 PM   #18

Trailer: 1988 Bigfoot Deluxe B19 19 ft / 2007 Nissan Frontier V6 NISMO 4x4
I'm in Phoenix Arizona with a B 19 Bigfoot. Every few months, I will see Bigfoot, Burro, Trillium or Scamp, but the most frequent sightings are of Casitas. Last time I went to New Mexico, I saw a 2008 17 Bigfoot when I stopped in a gas station, and the owner and I chatted for a bit. She and her husband were from Prescott Arizona. FG owners are a friendly bunch!
V'sGlassSleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 03:46 PM   #19

Montana
I'm jealous of the 19's, though my truck couldn't tow one anyway. Those couple extra feet would make a huge difference.

I didn't see the plates, but the one I saw was being pulled by a flatbed Dodge pickup.
Old 08-20-2018, 04:09 PM   #20

Name: Steven and Paula
Ontario
Rare sightings for sure

We have travelled from Ottawa Canada to Arizona with our 25rq and did not see another Bigfoot. I have seen only one Bigfoot up close in my wife's hometown and that was a complete fluke. It was a truck camper. We all look at other trailers as they go by on the road, but seeing a Bigfoot is a fairly rare event. We passed through Amarillo TX on our way home and spent some time in Potter County and the Canadian River. North Texas is nice and the people were very friendly.

We feel fortunate to have our "Big Ape" and look forward to meeting another owner as well.

Steven and Paula

Tags
bigfoot