Burro question - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-17-2014, 08:15 PM   #1

Name: JW
Trailer: Casita
Missouri
Burro question

Did any of the Burro's ever have roof air and toilet?

John
gihuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 09:50 PM   #2

Name: Charlie
Trailer: '83 Burro
Virginia
Registry
I am nothing like expert in the later Burros, but I think those features may have been available from the factory on the later and wider 16 footers. Have you tried looking in the specific Burro section of this forum?

Froggie
Green Frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 10:17 AM   #3

Name: Rick
Trailer: Burro
Massachusetts
The Burro 13 never had either. However the later model Burro 17 has a bathroom. But I don't recall if there was an AC option. Jack or Per will chime in on this since they have 17's.

Rick
rick.a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 09:30 PM   #4

I was talking with a former Burro owner this past week at Yellowstone NP. She was very specific that her 13 Burro had a shower and toilet. The front bunk beds were not in hers. Half the front was dedicated to the shower and the other half had a short folding bench. She was also very sure it was setup that way from the factory. Of course, a clever fabricator could have added this as a dealer option or owner modification, post production. This was the first time I had ever heard of this configuration. I think roof air would be very difficult as there is nothing structural there to support an air unit. Some type of structure would need to be added, which seems unlikely from the factory.

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV
joecf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 05:19 AM   #5

Name: Charlie
Trailer: '83 Burro
Virginia
Registry
I wrote an extended answer to this but my computer ate it, so let me just say I think her memory must have been faulty. The large front window and shell-within-a-shell design of the the 13' early Burro would make factory alterations like that challenging to say the least. I'm guessing that she had a later wide body and perhaps a 16 footer at that, but I'd have to see a 13 footer with front shower/toilet before I'd believe such a thing existed. I'm not from Missouri, but she'd have to "Show Me."

Froggie
Green Frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 02:14 PM   #6

Hey Frog,

I agree with you about the challenges, but she was very sure her's was a 13. I have been looking at my 13, trying to figure out how it could be done. It would be a challenging task. I'm thinking it may have been a modification done by a very clever prior owner, or else she was, as you stated, confused. I would like to see how it was done. She said they sold it in Michigan, so maybe it is still floating around somewhere.

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV
joecf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 06:20 PM   #7

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by joecf View Post
Hey Frog,

I agree with you about the challenges, but she was very sure her's was a 13. I have been looking at my 13, trying to figure out how it could be done.
It could be that she as some others do only considered the length of the house not the tongue. Its not all that uncommon to see what clearly is a 16' trailer listed for sale as a 13'
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 08:04 PM   #8

Name: Jack
Trailer: '98 BURRO 17WB
Delaware
This Jack's Burro 17' has both. I believe the head was optional on the later Escondido, CA produced Burros. Those without referred to sometimes as "dance hall" version due to the additional floor space. May have been the same situation with the earlier Sac City, IA Burros. Mine has a Coleman AC over the aft dinette. There is plywood reinforcement between the shells adjacent the opening (yes, I had it out to replace gasket), but I am suspect it's an aftermarket do as the top in that area has sagged to a noticable degree. Bulkheads for closet and head are just forward of the weight so I don't anticipate collapse. I did put a prop or shore on each side of the interior shroud last winter as we got a heavy snow load twice. Jack

Tags
burro