Storage ideas for EggCamper - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-31-2013, 02:50 PM   #1

Name: Sally & Marty
Trailer: EggCamper (EggBert)
Michigan
Registry
Storage ideas for EggCamper

We will be getting our new EggCamper from Grandville, MI in early May and would appreciate any suggestions for organizing the storage areas, etc.
Sally&Marty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 05:24 AM   #2

Trailer: Eggcamper 17 ft Electric
Registry
You'll have plenty of options for storage. Check out my registry page ( http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/registry/1435/ ) to see my EggCamper. I've added shelves to the closets and clothes storage beneath the bed. I've also added hatches that provide access to storage from the outside.
Ron
Ron F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 07:18 AM   #3

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
I purchased my EggCamper used from a couple that had owned it for 18 months. One of my favorite storage areas is the tongue box that the previous owner added. Since the EggCamper has no exterior storage areas, the tongue box provides the needed space for the water hose, cable, leveling blocks, generator, etc, etc.

Click image for larger version

Name:	user24754_pic3473_1352045376[1] (640x427).jpg
Views:	90
Size:	189.7 KB
ID:	56902

Unless the company has changed their process, the large storage closet just inside the trailer door swings open to the trailer door instead of to the interior of the trailer. This is where I hang my clothes and have a bag with shoes on the floor and a laundry tote for dirty laundry along with other things. I spent six weeks on the road last fall and found that door swinging the wrong way to be a major pain. I took the door off and hung it to swing the other way in January. I just got back from almost eight weeks on the road and I really appreciated the door change.

I use a couple of the plastic tote drawer units that you can buy at WalMart for clothes and other items.

I take along a flat screen TV. I use my laundry basket from home for storage. I put an extra bed pillow in the bottom of the basket, then lay the TV on top of the pillow, lay a pillowcase on top of the TV, add the indoor HDTV antenna, add another bed pillow on top and slide the basket under the bed.

I use some various containers on the counter area for kitchen items and bath items. The clear one in front of the faucet has suction cups and stays on all the time. The other containers are just put on the floor during travel and then lifted back up to the counter at arrival.

Click image for larger version

Name:	eggcamper-interior-023[1] (427x640).jpg
Views:	149
Size:	127.6 KB
ID:	56903
Ms. Gayle 2012-IA,MO,NE,WY,MT,UT,NM,AZ,TX/2013-AR,LA,AL, FL,GA,SC,NC,TN,KY,KS,CO/2014-IL,MO,MN,MI,WI IA/2015-SD,IA,MO,OK,TX/2016-AR,MS,FL,MO,IN,VA,NC,TN/2017-KS,CO,UT,AR,MS,FL/2018-IL,IN,SD,MN,Canada,IA, OK,TX,NM/2019-OK,TX,AR,NE,SD/2020-AR
Ms. Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 08:13 PM   #4

Michigan
Registry
Thanks to both of you for the great ideas.
Old 04-01-2013, 11:03 PM   #5

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Here is a picture of my EggCamper closet with the door reversed, I also reversed all the overheads so that you did not have to hold them open with both hands. Installed some leds in overheads and a tongue box with 2 batteries.
Attached Thumbnails
DSC00754.jpg   DSC00782.jpg  

DSC00787.jpg   DSC00790.jpg  

cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 10:56 AM   #6

Trailer: 2009 17 ft Eggcamper / Chevy S-10
Registry
We put shelves in the hanging closet by the door; two permanently mounted wood ones and a set of metal ones. Added a set of baskets above the sink. Our favorite modification was when I made a slightly larger table - only about five or six inches longer, but makes dining much more convenient. We recently added a couple of "Picnic Time" chairs instead of cushions, and they are wonderful! They make sitting at the table much more comfortable: Amazon.com: Picnic Time Portable Recreation Recliner Oniva Seat, Black: Patio, Lawn & Garden
Our main storage is to simply slide some Rubbermaid bins under the bed - the flat floor makes it easy to slide them in and out. We never use the built-in compartments under the bed.
Attached Thumbnails
New Top Shelves.jpg   Basket Shelf.jpg  

New Bigger Table.jpg   Front (Medium).JPG  

Ray N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 08:29 PM   #7

Michigan
Registry
More food for thought. We especially like the shelves in the closet, LED lighting, larger table and storage door ideas. We may be getting our EggCamper ahead of schedule and can't wait to try our own mods. :>)
Old 04-02-2013, 08:35 PM   #8

Name: Gilda
Trailer: 2011 Scamp 13'
California
Registry
I suggest that you go to the "Search" button at the top of the page and insert the word "storage". You will finds loads of previous posts my our FGRV members. In the meantime, I will look for my previous post to send to you.
Happy Camping!
Gilda
Gilda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 08:43 PM   #9

California
Registry
Here's one of my previous postings regarding bedding and window covering. Not exactly storage, but they are ways to improve the interior.

Our improvements generally fall into the decor and storage categories as we bought our 13' Scamp new. The photos show our black out shade and decorative side panel curtains with tie-backs. I use Velcro as much as possible because the hook side attaches firmly to the rat fur covered walls and ceiling. I change the side panel curtains according to my changing decor themes. The photo doesn't show this, but I keep the original cream colored curtains in the middle.

Our bedding system is very comfortable and easy to store. The bedding is two comforters 90" x 72". When the bed is "made" we fold the comforter in half (45" x 72") and place them flat on the bed. The photo shows that they are attached to each other with a loop and button system that allows us to use one or two comforters without having them slip off us at night. One photo shows a long tube (from a fabric store). We roll up the comforters and place the roll crosswise over the dinette cushions, under the table for storage when the dinette is set up.

Another set of photos shows our removable custom made cushions covered in cotton knit (think T-shirt fabric) over custom-cut thermafoam mattress topper; very cozy! You can see in the photo that we roll up the foam toppers and bind with a luggage strap. The bundles fit perfectly in the dinette bench hatch.
Attached Thumbnails
SCAMP Interior October 2011 010.jpg   SCAMP Interior October 2011 019.jpg  

SCAMP Interior October 2011 023.jpg   SCAMP Interior October 2011 022.jpg  

SCAMP Interior October 2011 026.jpg   SCAMP Interior October 2011 030.jpg  

SCAMP Interior October 2011 031.jpg   SCAMP Interior October 2011 032.jpg  

Old 04-02-2013, 08:49 PM   #10

California
Registry
Here's another of my previous postings.

Here are some organizational tips with photos.
1. Choose items that nest and are multi-purpose when possible. Rubbermaid makes great nesting containers that double as mixing bowls or salad bowls.

2. Cookware from a backpacking or boating store nest nicely and have "folding" handles.

3. Making dividers for the "silverware" drawer are soooo helpful.

4. Plastic shoe boxes fit best in every nook and crannie. I got mine from The Container Store. They also have 1/2 size shoe boxes that are also handy. Be sure to label them clearly so you know the contents.

5. Since the photo was take we have replaced the hanging garbage bag with a small, metal pop-top (with foot lever) can that holds grocery bags. The top keeps the smells out and we throw out our garbage before heading to bed.

I've done a lot to vary the decor of our camper but don't have photos as yet and don't expect to take any until the spring.

'Hope these ideas help. I always love to learn what other people do to make their camping experience more efficient, more beautiful and most of all, more fun!
Attached Thumbnails
SCAMP Interior October 2011 006.jpg   SCAMP Interior October 2011 007.jpg  

SCAMP Interior October 2011 008.jpg   SCAMP Interior October 2011 037.jpg  

SCAMP Interior October 2011 038.jpg   SCAMP Interior October 2011 039.jpg  

Old 04-03-2013, 09:51 AM   #11

Trailer: 2009 17 ft Eggcamper / Chevy S-10
Registry
Here's how we added curtains to our EggCamper. I simply used very short eye-bolts that hang from holes drilled in the overhead cabinets. I used tiny zip ties to fasten metal curtain rods to the eye-bolts - again, I drilled small holes in the rods for the zip ties to go through. For the window near the sink I had to epoxy a block of wood for one end of the rod to rest on. My wife made simple button holes in the fabric for sliding on the rods. Very simple but they look quite good.
Attached Thumbnails
DSC00858.jpg   DSC00859.jpg  

Ray N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 12:26 PM   #12

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
On my ParkLiner the curtain rod hardware is pop riveted under the cabinets

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
deryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 02:21 PM   #13

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
Gilda, Nice set of storage containers. What do you put in all those containers?

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 08:38 PM   #14

California
Registry
The shoebox storage containers are labeled and carry things like...
  • Picnic table supplies-salt and pepper, citronella candle, fire starter, matches, etc.
  • Cooking supplies - herbs and spices in multi-section containers, Zip-Loc bags with flour, cake mixes, bisquick, etc.
  • Sweet treats - candy bars, hard candies, cookies, etc.
  • Foods in Zip-Loc bags - oatmeal, prunes, raisins, nuts, GORP, etc.
  • Canned goods
  • Tools
  • Etc., etc., etc.
Basically, you can use your imagination. The idea is to group things in the containers, label them accordingly, put those used frequently on top. Because the boxes are all the same size they stack nicely in the spaces under the sink, under the "couch/bunk" and in the closet on the custom shelves.

Because I rotate the decorative themes I even keep shoeboxes at home with the curtain panels, pillowcases and salt and pepper shakers, etc. according to theme. All I have to do is pick up and go with my decor box.

Happy Camping!
Gilda
Old 04-03-2013, 08:47 PM   #15

California
Registry
Oh, I think you meant, what do I put in the red-topped Rubbermaid Easy Find Lids containers? Amazon.com: Rubbermaid Easy Find Lid 24-Piece Food Storage Container Set: Home & Kitchen
I use the big ones as salad bowls. I eat 2 big salads per day. I use them as mixing bowls for pancakes, etc. I use the smaller ones to store leftovers or as bowls for cereal. It's really handy to have the lids while camping 'cause you are always moving back and forth from the camper to the picnic table. I also use the containers to pack our daily lunch in our day packs.
Happy Camping!
Gilda
PS I have a favorite holder for raw (or cooked) eggs. The Snap-N-Stack Egg container The Container Store > Snap 'N Stack Egg-Tainer.

Tags
eggcamper