furnace won't turn on - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-25-2017, 07:05 PM   #1

Name: Pat
Trailer: Parkliner
Michigan
furnace won't turn on

Just wondering if any of you have had trouble with your furnace not turning on in your Parkliner. I had it on a couple of weeks ago but tried to turn it on today but nothing. Didn't even try. I am hoping it is something easy..
Pat in Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 08:00 PM   #2

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat in Michigan View Post
Just wondering if any of you have had trouble with your furnace not turning on in your Parkliner. I had it on a couple of weeks ago but tried to turn it on today but nothing. Didn't even try. I am hoping it is something easy..
Thermostat turned on and operable with live 12V power?
Does the fan start and then quit after a short time?
Intake and exhaust clear of insect nests?
Propane tank has fuel and valve is open?
Sticky sail switch? Whack the side of the furnace while it is on.
Lastly... is the temperature inside the trailer higher than the thermostat setting?
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 04:31 AM   #3
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
Furnace won't come on or won't ignite? For safety reasons my furnace, an Atwood 7900, goes through a start up sequence. The fan runs then the ignitor clicks. If it fails to ignite it shuts down. I suspect they all are similar. If yours doesn't do this then your themostat may be defective. When my furnace malfunctioned I bypassed the thermostat with a wire. The furnace would run but not ignite. My problem turned out to be a cold solder joint on the control board. Tough to find but easy to fix. Good luck, Raz
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 12:08 PM   #4

Name: Mike
Trailer: Bigfoot
Alberta
furnace

It might be voltage problem .it the furnace dropes below a certan voltage point.it wont turn on // bad ground /bad thermostat .mine was a loose wire on the trermostat.hope this helps.
MAP 56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 06:35 PM   #5
Emb

Name: Elaine
Trailer: Scamp 16 ft. F-150
Michigan
Furnace won't light

That happened to me too. Just bled the propane line of air, and the furnace started working.
Emb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 08:37 PM   #6

Name: Jann
Trailer: Casita
Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat in Michigan View Post
Possibly a blown fuse.
Jann Todd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 05:38 AM   #7

Trailer: Boler 13 ft
If no reaction at all must be no Power getting to the Furnace. First try something easy. Jump the thermostate wires to each other and see if it reacts. No? trace wire down to furnace and jump the TT terminals. any reaction? No? Then wire or fuse to furnace is not in working order.
If you would have said it is not working while on Battery power, and the fan turns on but would not ignite, I would say the Battery is low, even if the fan turns it takes more power to run the gas valve and igniter and maybe bleed gas as said.
Gerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 03:25 PM   #8

Name: kenny
Trailer: 93 "Lil" Bigfoot 13.5'
Utah
I agree with Gerry My Atwood fan would run, no ignition. I had used 12volt to keep refer cool while traveling; I guess it was too much of a drain on the battery. When starting my 4runner, the fan came on, and the igniter lit the fuel. Some times the fan comes on, no ignition, I move the thermostat higher and lower,where one can hear the change in switch(name ? ) turn on and off ) Fan is still on and igniter comes on, heater then will run ok. I bought a new thermostat on Amazon comes in white or brown.
Later Kenny
Kenny Strong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 08:36 PM   #9

Name: Pat
Trailer: Parkliner
Michigan
Thanks all, it turned out to be the fuse. I appreciate all the helpful hints and feel a little silly I didn't check that first.
Pat in Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 09:30 PM   #10

Name: Mike
Trailer: Bigfoot
Alberta
furnace

Wow what a teem .
MAP 56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 06:01 AM   #11

Name: Charles
Trailer: Scamp 16
Ohio
If you have no idea what you are doing, have it looked at by a pro. Always be on the safe side.
cmartin748 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 06:34 AM   #12

Name: Steve
Trailer: 2018, 21ft escape— 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
NW Wisconsin
If the battery is low , the furnace blower may start but it will not turn the squirrel cage blower fast enough to trigger the sail switch so the furnace will not go into ignition mode.
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
furnace, parkliner