ParkLiner Owner's Manual - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-26-2017, 06:16 PM   #1

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
ParkLiner Owner's Manual

Did any of you other PL owners receive an Owner's Manual with your camper?

Do you have a good procedure for winterizing the trailer
Wayne Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 10:54 AM   #2

Name: Steve
Trailer: Park Liner
North Carolina
Talking Winterizing Parkliner

We have #12 of the Parkliner brand and love it. Our list of things to do when winterizing include:
-Using old nylons full of cotton balls with fox urine in them around the exterior
-Peppermint in various locations in the interior
-removal of all paper products
-remove all food
-drain all water
-check anode rod
-use rv antifreeze in fresh water tank and turn on pump to pump through first to shower and toilet then to sink. Pour a little extra in the p-trap of sink, toilet and shower.
-wax camper
-cover
-start scheduling for next year
Carolina Sonshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 12:06 PM   #3

Name: Sandra
Trailer: Parkliner SOLD November 2017
South Carolina
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Collins View Post
Did any of you other PL owners receive an Owner's Manual with your camper?

Do you have a good procedure for winterizing the trailer
No, I never received an owners manual with my 2017 Parkliner. I did get a DVD made by the original owner of Parkliner, Chandler.
Sandy54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 01:53 PM   #4

Name: John
Trailer: 2016 Parkliner
Virginia
How to Winterize Your ParkLiner:
A Step-by-Step Procedure

For those of you who have decided to park your ParkLiner for the winter, there are some easy steps you should take to ensure your unit is securely winterized, so it’s ready to roll with no issues in the spring. Follow these, and your ParkLiner will weather the winter like a breeze.
1.) Thoroughly clean your ParkLiner, and remove all food and fragrance-bearing items.
2.) Shut off your water pump if it’s on.
3.) Open the *drain valve on the **fresh water tank (located on the bottom rear-facing side of the port side tank).
4.) Open the drain valves on water system’s pressure side (located between the starboard (curb) side wheel well and the hot water heater, as viewed from the inside of the trailer). You will have to reach down to access them.
5.) Open the faucets in the bath and sink, and flush the toilet if so equipped.
6.) Remove the anode rod from the water heater as per the manufacturer’s instructions. A ratcheting socket driver works best (1 1/16-inch).
7.) Walk around the trailer and look to make sure the system’s water has finished draining before proceeding to the next steps.
8.) Close the fresh water tank *drain valve (the one you opened in step No. 3).
9.) Close the cold water pressure *side valve (located on the white pipe that opened in step No. 4).
10.) Close the water heater *bypass valve (located between the water heater and the cabin face of the rear bench just to the right of the galley).
11.) Close the faucets in the bath and galley.
12.) With the help of a funnel, pour one gallon of RV antifreeze into the fresh water tank; some systems may require more.
13.) Turn the water pump on.
14.) Open the cold water faucet in the galley until antifreeze runs out; then close it.
15.) Flush the toilet until antifreeze runs in to the bowl; then flush it a few more times.
16.) Open the cold water side of the shower faucet, and turn on the shower pump; make sure antifreeze goes down the shower drain.
17.) You are done until spring!
*The drain valves are high quality brass ball valves. They are opened and closed by moving a lever 90 degrees. When the lever is parallel to the pipe, the valve is open, and when perpendicular, it is closed. Campers with an outside faucet may not have a cold water pressure side valve inside; drainage is via the outside faucet.*
Old 10-27-2017, 03:38 PM   #5

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Thanks, John.

You mention drain "valves" on the pressure side. (Step 4)
I did not see one on the cold lines, even in the picture I took.

I did pump antifreeze to the cold tap at the sink, OK?

Before that I blew the lines out with air.

One thing would help the process, if the fresh water tank was tilted to the rear so it would drain completely with the trailer level. And it would take less antifreeze to fill the pump and cold lines.
The hot lines should stay empty of water, not?.

wc
Wayne Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 04:52 PM   #6

Name: Huck
Trailer: ParkLiner
Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Collins View Post
Thanks, John.

You mention drain "valves" on the pressure side. (Step 4)
I did not see one on the cold lines, even in the picture I took.

I did pump antifreeze to the cold tap at the sink, OK?

Before that I blew the lines out with air.

One thing would help the process, if the fresh water tank was tilted to the rear so it would drain completely with the trailer level. And it would take less antifreeze to fill the pump and cold lines.
The hot lines should stay empty of water, not?.

wc
On my Parkliner, I believe the hot and cold water drains are one right above the other. Looking down, you might not readily see the bottom one.
Huck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 09:25 AM   #7

Name: John
Trailer: 2016 Parkliner
Virginia
Yeah, the low point drains are almost on top of each other between the hot water heater and the outside wall.

What threw me off was that the hot water side low point drain (valve connects to the red hot water lines on my PL) is left open during the winter. Thus, the hot water side has no antifreeze in it. I had to momentarily open the cold side to have room to open that hot side low point valve. I'm told that no other trailer leaves that hot side with no antifreeze in it.

That protocol I posted in the previous post came from Parkliner sometime in the past year. I think it was the owners newsletter. Either that or the blog or FB. Not sure.
Old 12-05-2017, 02:28 PM   #8

Name: Bob
Trailer: Parkliner 2014
Georgia
I winterized my new-to-me 2014 with the simple, easy procedure in the fourth post in this thread. A member sent me a copy of that procedure as sent from Parkliner/Chandler, and the only thing to really add to post 4 is that there's a second footnote (from step 3 in the procedure in post 4), that says:
"The procedure for winterizing a camper with dual water tanks is the same, except that more antifreeze is required and it needs to be put in through the starboard side tank."
I have dual tanks and decided that to be safe I'd put it in each tank, and I made sure to get it flowing through the outside faucet as well.

I understand that there aren't many dual tank units, but just thought I'd post that info in this thread in case if in the future someone with dual tanks gets here through a search.
FishingBob is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
parkliner