Frank & Gail's ParkLiner - Page 5 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-31-2013, 04:54 PM   #81

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
I thought that a cover would rub on the gelcoat?

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
deryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 05:00 PM   #82

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by deryk View Post
I thought that a cover would rub on the gelcoat?
And hold moisture in??
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 05:03 PM   #83

Name: Frank
Trailer: 2012 ParkLiner #006
New York
These folks have been making covers for Scamps and Casitas for many moons. We'll take out chances. Check 'em out here: RV Covers 6 YEAR warranty, rv cover, trailer cover, 5th wheel cover, toy hauler covers. CalMark RV Cover Co - Sunbrella RV Cover
2012 ParkLiner #006
2013 4wd 4 door F150 3.5L Ecoboost with 9200# tow package
frank_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 05:19 PM   #84

Name: Brian
Trailer: 2013 ParkLiner
Upstate New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_a View Post
These folks have been making covers for Scamps and Casitas for many moons. We'll take out chances. Check 'em out here: RV Covers 6 YEAR warranty, rv cover, trailer cover, 5th wheel cover, toy hauler covers. CalMark RV Cover Co - Sunbrella RV Cover
Our experience with the PahaQue cover we had for our old teardrop was that there was no rubbing as the cover was fabricated for that particular model and size so it didn't flap in the wind and did a great job of shedding snow, leaves, etc. We experienced no moisture problems. I don't know if the fabric was Sunbrella but it seemed to dry almost instantly. Looking at CalMark's website, this sounds promising. See if they'll give you a group rate???

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
Brian M. in NY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 04:47 AM   #85

New York
When I talked with the guy, he wasn't sure if they had ever made a cover for a ParkLiner. So I'm gonna measure mine every which way from Sunday, and send them measurements. We'll see where it goes from there. I suggested to the fellow that once we got one, other ParkLine owners might be interested. I don't know if they would give a group rate Brian, unless we had maybe 5 or more of us ParkLine owners willing to jump right in. My impression is that a cover from these folks will run over 500 bucks, maybe 600 or more. I'm willing to be the guinea pig...

Long day today, got a big meeting at 5, great way to end a week.

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 11-01-2013, 05:11 AM   #86

New York
Question on "mud dauber" screens

I got screens for the furnace and frig, but what is the thing above the frig, right under the kitchen window? Do I need some sort of pest screen for that as well?

Sorry to be so ignorant and lazy...

Off to work I go!

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 11-01-2013, 07:18 AM   #87

Upstate New York
Quote:
I got screens for the furnace and frig, but what is the thing above the frig, right under the kitchen window? Do I need some sort of pest screen for that as well?

Sorry to be so ignorant and lazy...

Off to work I go!

Frank
That's the exhaust vent for the refrigerator. I know that Tim Woods slides hardware cloth up behind his to keep out the mice during the winter. I will probably do the same but pull the screens out during the camping season so the air flow is not restricted. I checked the specs on the 1/8" hardware cloth I put on the air inlet for the refrigerator and found that air flow is reduced by about 1/3. I'll probably take those screens off during the camping season as well. I am more worried about mice than anything else. I once found all the fringe missing from an old patio umbrella in the garage and packed into the air cleaner on our jeep.

Old 11-01-2013, 07:25 AM   #88

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian M. in NY View Post
That's the exhaust vent for the refrigerator. I know that Tim Woods slides hardware cloth up behind his to keep out the mice during the winter. I will probably do the same but pull the screens out during the camping season so the air flow is not restricted. I checked the specs on the 1/8" hardware cloth I put on the air inlet for the refrigerator and found that air flow is reduced by about 1/3. I'll probably take those screens off during the camping season as well. I am more worried about mice than anything else. I once found all the fringe missing from an old patio umbrella in the garage and packed into the air cleaner on our jeep.
So the frig has two vents? Yes, it is mice that have me concerned as well Brian. One of the other things I will do soon is mount a 30 amp RV plug directly into the side of the trailer, one of those ones you screw the cord into. I really don't like having an open hole a power cord runs through that any small thing that walks or slithers can come into my trailer right under my bed!

Thanks,

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 11-01-2013, 07:29 AM   #89

Upstate New York
Quote:
So the frig has two vents? Yes, it is mice that have me concerned as well Brian. One of the other things I will do soon is mount a 30 amp RV plug directly into the side of the trailer, one of those ones you screw the cord into. I really don't like having an open hole a power cord runs through that any small thing that walks or slithers can come into my trailer right under my bed!

Thanks,

Frank
I'm planning the same mod myself.

Old 11-01-2013, 08:08 AM   #90

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
Our trailer is unoccupied for part of the summer. I place a tray of Decon on the floor. So far it's never been disturbed. If it is, problem solved.

We similarly do the same in the cellar. Their they get eaten but no mice in the house. Decon makes them thirsty and they usually go outside to seek water and die

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 08:26 AM   #91

Upstate New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by honda03842 View Post
Our trailer is unoccupied for part of the summer. I place a tray of Decon on the floor. So far it's never been disturbed. If it is, problem solved.

We similarly do the same in the cellar. Their they get eaten but no mice in the house. Decon makes them thirsty and they usually go outside to seek water and die
If only it worked that way. The active ingredient in Decon is Brodifacoum, a kind of super warfarin aka coumadin like I take every day to prevent blood clots. It doesn't make you thirsty, it reduces the clotting factor in the little beasties blood. Since mice have a propensity for squeezing through small spaces and chewing on things, they get a lot of bruises, cuts and nicks. If they have consumed Decon they will bleed internally and die.

My experience with Decon is that they sometimes hoard it like seeds. I once found an old baseball cap on the top shelf in my front hall closet half filled with pellets of Decon. All the decon bait boxes were in my cellar or garage. Also, when they did consume enough to die it seems that they always managed to find their way into some wall cavity for a final resting place. It take weeks for the carcass to dry out and the stink to go away.

I am now a confirmed trap man. Bait them with peanut butter and check at least every two days.

Old 11-01-2013, 08:30 AM   #92

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
You might need to find something else now Norm.
U.S. EPA Bans D-Con Mouse and Rat Control Products | Environment News Service
Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 08:34 AM   #93

New York
Gee!
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 11-02-2013, 09:04 AM   #94

New York
Cover & 30 amp RV inlet

Well, this morning we were all over the ParkLiner to get the dimensions and pics Calmark RV Covers needs to give me an estimate on a cover for 006. If this all works out, my cover would fit any other ParkLiner!

Also just ordered the 30 amp RV inlet I'll be installing soon, and the mate for it to attach to the existing 30 amp cable once I remove it. I've done this with trailers before, no big deal.

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 11-02-2013, 09:13 AM   #95

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Frank, perhaps if you asked Parkliner they would give you the actual plans used for their molds which would help you getting a well fit cover made.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 09:18 AM   #96

New York
Thanks Carol, but Calmark specifically asks that we make our own measurements, and NOT to use company specs. Plus I would need to wait!

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 11-02-2013, 01:21 PM   #97

Name: Mark
Trailer: Parkliner
Alabama
Quote:
Thanks Carol, but Calmark specifically asks that we make our own measurements, and NOT to use company specs. Plus I would need to wait!

Frank
I am interested in a cover too! Can't wait to hear what they say. At least there might be two orders and for them to consider a discount?
Birmingham1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 01:43 PM   #98

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birmingham1 View Post
I am interested in a cover too! Can't wait to hear what they say. At least there might be two orders and for them to consider a discount?
I really don't know if they do discounts, but we want one of their covers. They think I "might" be looking at $514 to $560 depending on length (which I get as 12' 2"). So we'll see and I'll keep folks advised. Bottom line is once we figure it out, my specs should work for all ParkLiners.

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 11-02-2013, 01:46 PM   #99

Name: Mark
Trailer: Parkliner
Alabama
Quote:
I really don't know if they do discounts, but we want one of their covers. They think I "might" be looking at $514 to $560 depending on length (which I get as 12' 2"). So we'll see and I'll keep folks advised. Bottom line is once we figure it out, my specs should work for all ParkLiners.

Frank
Thanks for blazing the trail!

Right now my PL is being pelted with acorns...Ugh!
Birmingham1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 01:52 PM   #100

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birmingham1 View Post
Thanks for blazing the trail!

Right now my PL is being pelted with acorns...Ugh!
Mark, they also tell me that they are running at a 5-6 week production time right now. First we sent them an email looking for Sunbrella swatches to see what they have, and then sent dimensions and a bunch of specific pics I think they will need.

I was gonna put up a carport to put it under, but the planning process to get a stupid building permit would take 3 months. Even though I might not have the cover till year's end, it will be quicker that the carport thing. Plus a cover can move wherever the trailer is.

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006

Tags
parkliner