Boler Furnace Replacement - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-19-2009, 12:04 PM   #1

Trailer: 74 Boler
i have a 1974 13' boler and i need to install a furnace since the old furnace was beyond repair. I am thinking of going with the Everest Star 12,000 btu 12v furnace with a 1.8 amp draw. Has anyone got one of these in their bolers, how do they perform for you? Any feedback would be appreciated, thanks.
Arlyn R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 07:24 PM   #2

Trailer: 1974 Boler and 1988 Bigfoot
Quote:
i have a 1974 13' boler and i need to install a furnace since the old furnace was beyond repair. I am thinking of going with the Everest Star 12,000 btu 12v furnace with a 1.8 amp draw. Has anyone got one of these in their bolers, how do they perform for you? Any feedback would be appreciated, thanks.
Hi I just sold my 1974 Boler, I had a stock furnace in It, never worked because I never used it in the20 years that it was in our family I think it just got rusted and then I couldn,t keep pilot light on the old furnace was a 10,000 btu if they work they are great as they dont need any power to run a fan because they are natural rising heat ,the new ones have a fan that is noisy depending on brand but the new ones are much safer all electronic ignition ,if it is a 12000 btu it should be sufficent for a Boler.
Rick and THE BC BIGFOOT............
Rick M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 09:20 PM   #3

Trailer: 1974 Boler 13 ft (Neonex/Winnipeg)
Arlyn,

I know I probably sound like a total vulture here , but your defunct furnace isn't by chance a Suburban GT6-3A is it? Tall and skinny? I ask because I have the shell of one with no burner assembly or control. Of course, maybe that's what went out on yours anyway, but I just thought I'd check if you are giving it the heave ho, and perhaps part of it can be recycled.

I hope the installation of your new furnace goes well

Raya
Raya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 09:46 PM   #4

Quote:
Arlyn,

I know I probably sound like a total vulture here , but your defunct furnace isn't by chance a Suburban GT6-3A is it? Tall and skinny? I ask because I have the shell of one with no burner assembly or control. Of course, maybe that's what went out on yours anyway, but I just thought I'd check if you are giving it the heave ho, and perhaps part of it can be recycled.

I hope the installation of your new furnace goes well

Raya
Unfortually my old one is long gone, sorry i cannot help on that. By what I read on here complete units or parts are hard to find. Thats why im going new and it sounds the safest since I have small children. I think the new one will work well especially the low amp draw of 1.8 is appealing to me. Good luck finding parts to get yours going. There is probably one somewhere waiting to go to the dump, the hard part is finding that person. Thanks for the reply.
Old 05-19-2009, 09:53 PM   #5

Trailer: 1974 Boler 13 ft (Neonex/Winnipeg)
Arlyn,

Thanks for letting me know (I just had to ask).

Raya
Raya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 07:18 PM   #6

I have installed this new furnace in my 13' boler. It works very well and am pleased with it. The draw is 3.4 amps and seems to last well for multiple nights. The electronic ignition is nice with no pilot light and the wall thermostat works very well. It did fit well in the boler without alot to modify. It was worth the money and much safer than the propane heater I was using.

Old 07-24-2009, 02:44 PM   #7

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Boler
Quote:
I have installed this new furnace in my 13' boler. It works very well and am pleased with it. The draw is 3.4 amps and seems to last well for multiple nights. The electronic ignition is nice with no pilot light and the wall thermostat works very well. It did fit well in the boler without alot to modify. It was worth the money and much safer than the propane heater I was using.
We're looking at putting a new furnace in our 1975 13' Boler and since I noticed you are also from BC I'm wondering if you could tell me where you got your new furnace? Also which one did you end up getting?

thanks!
Naomi P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 06:10 PM   #8

Trailer: 1970 Boler
Send a message via MSN to Brandon G
hi there, i just finished a total restoration on my 1970 boler. in and out. when i bought the trailer it didnt even have a furnace at all but it had all the propane lines just plugged off. i lucked out and found an Atwood Hydro Flame 12,000 btu. with a little bit of light frame work it fits absolutly perfect on top of the wheel well. It works awesome and heats the little egg in 5 mins then your dying of heat exaustion haha. it also came with a thermoustat which makes it really nice and easy. it performs really well and i would recommend this furnace for the simple reasons that it is quite simple to install with basic tools and it fits excellent with just some very minor ajustments. all in all a great furnace, in my opinion the best bang for your buck.

good luck.

cheers.
Brandon G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 12:23 AM   #9

Trailer: 1973 Compact Jr
Arlyn, I noticed that you had expected the Everest Star 12,000 btu 12v furnace to draw 1.8 amps, but after installation you say it draws 3.4 amps. Do you know why it draws more than you expected?

Thanks!
Dana T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 12:26 AM   #10

Trailer: 1973 Compact Jr
Brandon, Atwood makes two 12,000 BTU furnaces, the 7912 and the 8012. I have not been able to determine what the difference is between them. Which did you get?

How noisy is the fan, especially while trying to sleep?

Thanks!
Dana T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 09:57 AM   #11

Quote:
Brandon, Atwood makes two 12,000 BTU furnaces, the 7912 and the 8012. I have not been able to determine what the difference is between them. Which did you get?

How noisy is the fan, especially while trying to sleep?

Thanks!
Sorry for the late response. The difference between the 7912 and 8012 furnaces is the btu output for the 7912 is higher. When I ordered the furnace I asked for the 1.8 amp draw 8012 and for some reason I got the 7912 but I decided to go with it anyway. The fan is not that bad for noise, it does not bother me since I sleep right next to it. It keeps it warm and cozy very quickly which if you did not have a thermostat it would roast you out. Hope this helps you. So far im pleased with it and no problems.

Old 08-19-2009, 08:53 AM   #12

Trailer: 1975 Surfside TM14 (front kitchen)
Registry
Send a message via MSN to Scott S. Send a message via Yahoo to Scott S.
can I ask what you paid?
I have a fanless original coleman in my SurfSide that works OK but is getting old. I never thought I'd use it as much as I have this year (cold, wet Winnipeg summer) but now I won't go without heat. my other concern is drain on the battery and I worry that it would not last the entire night if it was particularly cool.
thanks
Scott S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 12:29 PM   #13

Name: mary-Jane
Trailer: surfside/bigfoot
Nova Scotia
I have a 17 ' Boler with no furnace but the gas line and side vent are there.. I have an Atwood furnace without any model no. from a tent trailer I would like to install in the Boler.It has electronic ignition with a blower. The gas line onthe furnace is on the left ,and thermostadt is on the right. The gas line comes into the trailer on the right. .Can the gas line and thermostadt be modified to install this furnace where the original furnace was?
bigsurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 01:18 PM   #14

Name: Matthew
Trailer: Boler
BC
FA 7912 Issue with pilot light

Hi all, long time reader, first time poster...
I have a 1974 boler b-1300. It's got an FA 7912 furnace. The fan works, it's quiet enough, I already bent the blades for that, propane gets to the pilot light housing, as I took it apart and checked, but it's not getting through the pilot orifice (I think that's what its called). I cannot figure out how to remove it and clean it out. Perhaps I need a new one, but mine looks like the pic entitled "pilot." When I google the part I think I need, the picture entitled "New Pilot" comes up. My question is, can I clean the old one up somehow, or do I put in the new one and hook its new thermocoupler into my existing furnace?
Attached Thumbnails
pilot.jpg   New Pilot.jpg  

mattcmyers is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boler, furnace