Showing you around my new Oliver Legacy Elite II - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-11-2015, 11:09 AM   #41

Name: Ron
Trailer: 2015 Oliver Legacy Elite II - Hull #69
South Carolina
I can't really see yet that the cell booster works very well. I've been told you need to be really close to the interior antenna for it to work. Where I've been able to test, I get great reception anyways, and the same inside the trailer. Maybe when I'm out in the boondocks it will be more useful.

I did get one question about the metal foil insulation interfering with radio signals. So far I don't see any issues. I think with all the windows, there is plenty of opportunity for signals to get inside the trailer.

The wifi booster seems to work well. My original unit had a broken power connector, but they sent me a replacement straight away and it was an easy change-out I could do myself. The new one seems to work well - pulled in 22 wifi networks in my neighborhood - more than I'd ever seen from my laptop.
2015 Oliver Legacy Elite II - Hull #69
Follow my blog - https://www.wincrasher.blogspot.com
Ron Merritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 12:12 PM   #42

Trailer: 2010 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe
Registry
We have the same cell phone booster in our tow vehicle and found it very helpful when we went out west last summer. There were some places in Yellowstone where we had a weak signal and it definitely was boosted by the amplifier, but you do have to have your phone near the internal antenna. There also has to be a signal present to boost ;-) We just left the phone on the center arm console in the truck so it was near the booster and were able to use the hotspot on our phones while inside our trailer.
Marsha D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 08:12 PM   #43

Name: David
Trailer: Airstream International CCD 28
Florida
Hi Leigh. We have the Wilson 4g cell booster in Ollie #64 and it works great. Adds two bars when we turn it on. We use our Hot spot for Wifi and are well pleased.

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV

Tags
oliver