Boler flat top - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-04-2015, 05:57 PM   #21

Name: Suvi
Trailer: Boler
British Columbia
Hey Cindy, Steph, and Shelley, a couple things:

1. There is a way to join the Boler-specific group on this page, which I would recommend - all people with Bolers and the information is fantastic.

2. I've started writing the odd camping/boler related article on hub pages. Still new to it but for what it is worth, the link to my article about fixing up my boler on a budget is here: Vintage Fibreglass Trailer Improvement on a Budget . Specifically, can't remember who was saying they were going to glue fabric, but we found the type of glue really made a difference. We used 3M Super 77 and it really made a difference after trying a slightly cheaper version. It's the one I would recommend after noticing what a vast difference it made. Info is all in the article if yo are so inclined to read it.

Tried about 3 times to give a link to the glue and all I end up with is some internet gibberish so the link to the product on Amazon is in the article if you want a photo for reference if you choose this method.
sooveroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 05:11 PM   #22

Name: Mark
Trailer: 1969 Boler (Flat Top)
British Columbia
Registry
Hello all ye fellow flat toppers

Some added info for previous posts.

I believe the galley window was an option on purchase. Similar to many brands today.

There are quite a few 1969 flat tops with the stamp #'s going up to the 190's. Perhaps there was more than 100 made. 200? Maybe they were produced between '68 and '69. They didn't have production year differences like cars.

My vent is near the rear as well. Sometimes I think it was a real slapdash process in those early years. Mine has quarter round wood for framing in the overhead cupboards. It's also glassed in, not riveted.

The flat protruding hinges tend to be ubiquitous with flat tops.... I think.
(#183)
WildBirder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 10:54 PM   #23

Name: Erica
Trailer: Flat top Boler
Manitoba

Recently acquired #47. It is alive and well in Canadian prairies. Flat top with the rear lights only on the surface. very excited !!!
Bolero47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 11:32 PM   #24

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006 "Missing Link"
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolero47 View Post
Recently acquired #47. It is alive and well in Canadian prairies. Flat top with the rear lights only on the surface. very excited !!!

COOL, pics, pics
Borrego Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 11:44 AM   #25

Name: Cindy
Trailer: Boler #051 Flat Roof - Registered '69 #081
British Columbia
Registry
Sooveroo, thanks for the info I've already been looking at various articles...some of which belong to a few posters on here. I had already started reading your article prior to your post

Thanks so much guys for posting all your pictures and tips! It's been a huge help so far
garagesaleaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 01:48 PM   #26

Manitoba
Borrego Dave,
It won't let me post pictures for some reason from my phone, but there are some here on our blog :
Bolero 47
Old 05-13-2015, 11:03 PM   #27

British Columbia
Bolero 47 -- where can find your blog. Excited to see the big sister to mine - #49! So rad.

Cindy - glad you found the article! Looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
Old 05-14-2015, 08:01 AM   #28

Manitoba
Blog

Here is the link. If it just says my username again below, just click it :

http://prairieflategg.blogspot.ca
Old 05-26-2015, 08:51 PM   #29

Name: Jeannette
Nova Scotia
I just saw this post and looked at your blog - great work! We just got our 1975 last week and want to do a lot of the same work so I asked a few questions in your comment section.
Jeannette in NS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 07:52 PM   #30

Name: Omar
Trailer: 68 Boler #038
British Columbia
Just want to add mine #38 to this registry of the first 100 Bolers.. looks like we have at least 10 or so on this thread alone, would be cool to see how many still exist
omie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 04:13 PM   #31

Name: Jeff
Trailer: 73,75,78 13' Boler 78 17' Boler
Alberta
BTW its in the plans to do a caravan to Winnipeg for 2018 as it's the 50 year anniversary for Boler

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
Willys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 07:04 AM   #32

Name: John
Trailer: Golden Falcon,Corsair,Dutchman,1968 Boler #065
Ontario
Hi all,

Glad to have found this thread, I have recently purchased a 1968 Flat Top Boler that is in pretty good shape considering its almost 50 years old. The ownership says serial # 65 but I have yet to confirm it. It has all the quirks of a 68 and others I have yet to see. It would be very interested in talking to others and comparing notes. It has a fresh water tank unlike any other and some weird bolts with some kind of bracket on both rear sliding interior windows. I don't know if these brackets are original or what they could possibly be used for. I have posted some pictures in the " Hi I am" section if you are interested in seeing this rarity.

It has recently been christened " Eggy Pop" and has a "Lust for Life"

Thanks
John
Attached Thumbnails
075.jpg   059.jpg  

061.jpg   067.jpg  

062.jpg   063.jpg  

064.jpg   077.jpg  

071.jpg   076.jpg  

John G in Ontario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 03:56 PM   #33

Trailer: 69 Airstream Globetrotter, 68 Boler
Alberta
First 100 boler

Just wanted to join the club here for a bit owning a flat top boler. We suspect it is one of the first 40 after doing a little homework. Sadly the original hitch has been cut off and new longer one put in it's place so we will never know the actual number. We are currently selling this trailer and hoping it finds a home where someone appreciates it's history and heritage. Also someone who will take it to the 2018 rally!
CDNcampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 05:11 PM   #34

British Columbia
Loving all these early era Bolers coming out of the woodwork. Now... let's talk those flat hinges, shall we? My door is sagging terribly and for the life of me, I"m not sure what to do about it. Do any of you with similar hinges have any idea?

Suvi
Old 03-26-2016, 07:36 AM   #35

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDNcampers View Post
Just wanted to join the club here for a bit owning a flat top boler. We suspect it is one of the first 40 after doing a little homework. Sadly the original hitch has been cut off and new longer one put in it's place so we will never know the actual number. We are currently selling this trailer and hoping it finds a home where someone appreciates it's history and heritage. Also someone who will take it to the 2018 rally!
Where are you located and do you have an ad for the listing? Might know some people who are interested!
Old 03-26-2016, 04:57 PM   #36

Trailer: 69 Airstream Globetrotter, 68 Boler
Alberta
Search Calgary, Kijiji, Boler

1968 13ft Boler - $7,000 | travel trailers, campers | Calgary | Kijiji
CDNcampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 10:58 AM   #37

Name: Cindy
Trailer: Boler #051 Flat Roof - Registered '69 #081
British Columbia
Registry
Boler Flat Top

Hey guys,

Just wanted to provide an update since it's been awhile. Thanks to the recommendation of Piries, my dad managed to locate the correct vin on my flat top boler. The vin was located on the door side, top of the steel frame about 6 inches in from the fiberglass. Registration from day one stated it as 1969 vin #081. Actual vin is #051. I will be posting a pic to my current photo album. I have no clue how to add a pic to this thread. Does anyone know if someone started a Boler vin registry?

Thanks,

Cindy
garagesaleaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 09:37 AM   #38

Name: Dean
British Columbia
I have a 68 as well ... not a flat top though ... wish I could see the production # .
Mollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 09:53 PM   #39

Name: Demetre
Alberta
Hi, just registered with a flat top boler, VIN# 163, all the same early flat top credentials discussed here, but no window by the cooktop.

Our early registration stated it was a '78, but thats not correct.
There was a worn out sticker on the side that is no longer legible, except for the engraved name and date on it and it read as 1978.

I am assuming it is a '69 based on info here and other sites.

Hoping to post some pics after this week end.
kdanton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 10:24 PM   #40

British Columbia
I am definitely not the expert here, but it looks like a flat top to me - and I would say if the insulation was a shoddy job, might have been a homemade jobby? (my grandpa never took his in for the insulation, I don't think, and had his own system rigged up, which I am now using until such time as I can afford the time and $$ to spruce this thing up.

Top looks flat, definitely. Mine doesn't have a kitchen window (might have been an add on feature?). My vent is above the stove, yours is set further back. Not sure why. I had/(have? can't remember if I took it off) the same awning track on mine as well. I couldn't verify it, but I'd tend to agree with you!

Tags
boler