Will a Lil Snoozy fit in a garage? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-08-2016, 07:25 PM   #1

Name: Sandra
Trailer: Parkliner SOLD November 2017
South Carolina
Registry
Will a Lil Snoozy fit in a garage?

Does anyone know if the Lil Snoozy will fit in a garage?

I'm going to be buying my first TT this coming year and have narrowed it down to either a Lil Snoozy or a Parkliner. If the Lil Snoozy will fit in my garage, then that is what I will get. The HOA doesn't allow TT in the driveway, so I'd have to pay to store the trailer if it doesn't fit in the garage.
Sandy54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 09:18 PM   #2

Name: Charlie
Trailer: 2014 Lil Snoozy
North Carolina
Registry
Only if you have an eight foot high door.

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV
charlsara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 05:37 AM   #3

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
I'm not sure that either will fit under a standard garage door. Many people purchase Hunter's because the pop top allows them to fit under a standard door when the top is lowered. I suggest that you open your garage door and then measure to the lowest point. Then compare when you look at any trailer to see if it will fit.
Good luck on your search!
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 06:10 AM   #4

Name: Frederick / Janis
Trailer: Previously Scamp 13 2002,2016. Scamp 16 on order
Michigan
Some areas build with only 7' door openings. In some areas, the prefererence is or the homeowner specifies an 8' door. Many savvy homeowners with the funds to do so build with 9' doors.

So, it just all depends. The term "standard garage" is a bit mis-leading. Measure both garage opening, interior garage height and decide. Over all outside height of the trailer is provided by the manufacturer in their specs.

Of course, if you're close, there are ways of gaining 3 or 4 inches by defating the tires, removing the tires and/or using lower riding car dollies.
bpfick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 01:22 PM   #5

Name: Marilyn
Trailer: Hunter Compact II
Texas
Registry
I just went through studying this. I have a garage door that is only 81" tall which is only 6.75 ft. What I found in new build trailers were , Meerkat (pop-top), Scamp 13', and T@g. I wasn't ready to pay that much and was lucky to find a 1974 Hunter Compact (pop-top) which just fits. (by less than an inch). I would like to hear if you find any others.
macmarilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 06:09 PM   #6

South Carolina
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmarilyn View Post
I just went through studying this. I have a garage door that is only 81" tall which is only 6.75 ft. What I found in new build trailers were , Meerkat (pop-top), Scamp 13', and T@g. I wasn't ready to pay that much and was lucky to find a 1974 Hunter Compact (pop-top) which just fits. (by less than an inch). I would like to hear if you find any others.
My garage door opening is also 81", so I might be limited with what I can get. I looked at HiLo on the web; it will definitely fit in the garage, so that is also in consideration. I've seen the T@G, and it is nice, but almost too small. I might be able to park the TT in my back yard behind the fence, but I would need a motorized tow unit to get it to the backyard, and I would have to widen my gate.
Old 07-09-2016, 06:20 PM   #7

Name: Marilyn
Trailer: Hunter Compact II
Texas
Registry
we also looked at the A-Frames - they also fit
macmarilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 12:56 PM   #8

South Carolina
Registry
I ended up getting a Parkliner and took delivery at the end of January 2017. Neither the Parkliner or the Lil Snoozy would fit in my garage. So the deciding factor was a flushing toilet.

The Parkliner has a macerating flushing toilet, the Lil Snoozy has a cassette toilet. Being a 63 year old woman, I just couldn't see myself lugging a cassette to a dump station. I really liked the Lil Snoozy layout more than the Parkliner. Maybe if Lil Snoozy offers a macerating flush toilet in the future, I might sell my Parkliner and get a Lil Snoozy.
Old 06-04-2017, 04:29 PM   #9
JBB

Name: Jan
Trailer: 2017 Lil Snoozy
South Carolina
I'm a 66 year old woman and I like the cassette toilet. Of course it will only be used at night and never #2! I really don't see any difference between it and emptying the black water tank in our other trailer especially since I was the one doing it!
JBB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lil snoozy