Twin CasitaID- Pedestal Table of large bed board - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-28-2016, 11:10 PM   #1

Name: Wendy
Trailer: Casita
Oregon
Twin CasitaID- Pedestal Table of large bed board

Hi - The Casita comes with three boards to convert the twins to a king. The two smaller boards attach to pedestals to become tables. I would like to be able to use the one large board as a table as well. Has anyone ever tried this, and any recommendations where to get the part that screws into the table, and fits on the pedestal top. Is there any reason not to do this? I'm a complete newbie so all info and ideas will be appreciated
WendyMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 06:46 AM   #2

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
I googled "RV pedestal table hardware" and got lots of hits. Here's one at Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...TSGPDRJ1MB5EA8
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 06:16 PM   #3

Name: Bryan
Trailer: Casita "Cozy-Casa"
Central Virginia
I had Casita install one on that for me just for that reason - they can also sell you the part and mail it to you if you wish.
Old 09-29-2016, 08:49 PM   #4

Trailer: Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Indy Tables

The first Indy's did not have the two dinky table tops like they use now. It had two table tops/ filler boards the size of each of your extra cushions. The filler boards make a reasonable table top. Get some 3/4" oak cabinet plywood and make two filler board/ table tops and use the hardware from you current dinky table tops. Or make a table top the size you want (That will stow in the closet.) and use your current hardware.
Eddie
Check out the earlier table pictures here.
http://www.casitaclub.com/forums/top...ravel-trailer/
Eddie Longest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 02:00 PM   #5

Oregon
Thanks!

Thanks all, looks like a pretty easy fix! On to the next one....
Wendy
Old 10-19-2016, 03:47 PM   #6

Oregon
Current solution King by night Table by day

Thanks all for the suggestions and assistance. Here's what is working for us so far.

We removed the pedestal hardware from one of the "dinky" tables and attached it to the large board. When attached to the rear pedestal, it is comfy leg room and table size for day use. After taking the picture, we also discovered that bed pillows behind the Indy cushions provide enough back support for comfortable sitting.

We also purchased a 2"memory foam king pad, used king bedding on it, and in the AM can quickly roll it into a bolster type pillow across the back of the trailer. I added a treasured quilt, made by my husband's grandmother as the bolster cover, which confines the bedding well and adds some great color. The bolster also works great for leaning back and reading on a rainy day

We may want thicker foam when we take longer trips, but for now, this has been comfortable, functional and easy!
Old 10-19-2016, 03:50 PM   #7

Oregon
I did try to add pics on my above post, but I don't see any. Is there a trick to this?
Old 10-19-2016, 03:54 PM   #8

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by WendyMM View Post
I did try to add pics on my above post, but I don't see any. Is there a trick to this?
See post #7 here: http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...ics-43021.html
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
casita