Adopted by an 82 Burro - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-30-2016, 10:23 PM   #1

Name: Jeanne
Trailer: Burro
North Carolina
Adopted by an 82 Burro

Hi all from beautiful Central California!

I finally found my Burro a couple of weeks ago and have been working on pulling everything out in preparation for replacing the subfloor.

I love projects, but am a little intimidated by this as it's totally different than anything that I have done before. Thanks to all who have come before and provided such great descriptions and images.

Looks like I have two long pieces of plywood in the floor. There is only a fiberglass seam on the bottom of the unit. They didn't bother to fiberglass over the seam or bolts on the top of the subfloor. There was also a nice gap in the gunk around the wheel well that I can stick a screwdriver into and a surprising lack of fiberglass underneath the door area with bare plywood in some areas.

I was really surprised about them not filling in that top seam. Looks like daylight when looking through the seam.

The back seat was fiberglassed unevenly and I've got a lot of adhesive to get off of that fiberglass lip.

Nice to have a few extra days off this weekend to dig in.

Jeanne
Jeanne D. in ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 07:34 AM   #2

Name: Patricia
Trailer: 1975 Ventura
Ontario
Just dig in

"I love projects, but am a little intimidated by this as it's totally different than anything that I have done before."
I can identify with this feeling. I am just at the repairing and putting new a new floor stage in my trailer. So much is the same as working on houses but so much is different but once started we have no choice but to just get in there, learn and do. I have found the forums extremely helpful too.
All the best with your Burro. Will be watching for updates.
Patricia D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 10:02 AM   #3

Trailer: Scamp 13 ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanne D. in ca View Post
Hi all from beautiful Central California!

I finally found my Burro a couple of weeks ago and have been working on pulling everything out in preparation for replacing the subfloor.
Nice to have a few extra days off this weekend to dig in.

Jeanne
__________________________<o>_____________________ _________

Welcome Jeanne in beautiful ( and hot ! ) Central Calif. I'm sure you will enjoy your Burro once you get the floor sorted out. So much to do in Central Calif; from Sacramento, the Delta, Stockton to Fresno, Yosemite to Kings Canyon and Sequoia National Parks. Not to mention nearby Sonoma and Napa Valleys, Lake Tahoe, Gold Country and Central Coast from S.F. and Santa Cruz to Morro Bay and Pismo Beach. Julie and I try to cover all of those places about every year in our 13' Scamp. See you on the road !
David in Fresno and Sonora
DavidG is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
burro