SOLD - Quantum 5 Fifth Wheel - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-26-2006, 09:29 PM   #1

Trailer: Quantum-5 5th Wheel 1981 17 ft
Send a message via Yahoo to Harold Dean
Due to lack of time and energy to go RVing anymore and to complete refurbishing of my Quantum 5 Fifth Wheel, I have regretfully decided to offer it up for sale. I am going to post it here for anyone interested to make me an offer before I post it on EBay. My contact information is harolddean61911@yahoo.com. Harold Dean. Pictures are posted in the gallery under Quantum, here: Quantum 5th Wheel in the Albums

February 7, 2006
After much deliberation, I have decided to offer the Quantum up for sale for 2500 dollars as is. I have severe arthritis in my right wrist that prevents me from doing anything to it. It needs a few small repairs to restore it to its former utility. I had to purchase a new OPD tank and fitting before I could tow it through Virginia (Cheasepeake tunnel and bridges). I have never connected it. Main dump valve needs rebuilt leaks slightly. Headliner loose in one spot (spray glue). Soft spot in floor by shower door. Not rotten just delaminated from former owners showering with door open. Batten behind fiberglass on right rear corner which joins side skin to rear molded structure has came loose (I had planned on replacing both with stainless strips). Needs new battery, looses charge after about a week of sitting. Have a new set of fold up steps for trailer but requires metal box inside stairwell (fiberglass) to attach. Of course fifth wheel hitch goes with it. If not taken by March 15th, I will strip fiberglass from frame and use frame for a fifth wheel cargo trailer. You can contact me at 217-235-3561, cell 217-246-2935, email harolddean61911@yahoo.com. Harold
Old 01-26-2006, 10:22 PM   #2

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
how much ???
Old 01-27-2006, 05:00 AM   #3

Trailer: 1976 13 ft Boler and 1980 Trillium 5500
HArold - check your e-mail! Alec
Old 01-27-2006, 05:52 AM   #4

Trailer: 2005 17 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe
Send a message via Yahoo to Al V
Ah someone is going to get a super neat looking 5th wheel! wish i had room for a second egg
Old 01-27-2006, 07:24 AM   #5

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Harold, does your look like the one we have in the Albums?

Quantum 5th Wheel
Old 01-27-2006, 09:24 AM   #6
Suz

Trailer: 1989 Casita Spirit Deluxe
Registry
If I recall correctly, that IS Harold's. It's only the second 16' Quantum 5er I have ever seen. I've not seen it in person, but if I had a small truck I would definitely be interested in this trailer. I just love it.
Old 01-27-2006, 09:26 AM   #7

Quote:
If I recall correctly, that IS Harold's. It's only the second 16' Quantum 5er I have ever seen. I've not seen it in person, but if I had a small truck I would definitely be interested in this trailer. I just love it.
Oh dear...how quickly I've forgotten
Old 01-27-2006, 09:34 AM   #8
Suz

Trailer: 1989 Casita Spirit Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Oh dear...how quickly I've forgotten
I'd trust your memory over mine any day. Remember, I just said "I think."

I believe that these were the pictures that were sent to him when he purchased the trailer. If it is and he's done work on it, it'd be great if he'd post some new ones here for comparison.
Old 02-07-2006, 08:17 PM   #9

Quote:
Harold, does your look like the one we have in the Albums?

Quantum 5th Wheel
That is mine in the album. Harold
Old 02-07-2006, 10:12 PM   #10

Trailer: Casita 16 ft 1984 and U-Haul CT13 1985
Registry
Harold, I wish we lived closer to you - we'd buy your lovely Quantum in an instant! In fact, I think you should probably charge quite a bit more for it.

Best wishes!
Old 02-08-2006, 08:03 AM   #11
Administrator

Trailer: Casita 1999 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Due to lack of time and energy to go RVing anymore and to complete refurbishing of my Quantum 5 Fifth Wheel, I have regretfully decided to offer it up for sale. I am going to post it here for anyone interested to make me an offer before I post it on EBay. My contact information is harolddean61911@yahoo.com. Harold Dean. Pictures are posted in the gallery under Quantum

February 7, 2006
After much deliberation, I have decided to offer the Quantum up for sale for 2500 dollars as is. I have severe arthritis in my right wrist that prevents me from doing anything to it. It needs a few small repairs to restore it to its former utility. I had to purchase a new OPD tank and fitting before I could tow it through Virginia (Cheasepeake tunnel and bridges). I have never connected it. Main dump valve needs rebuilt leaks slightly. Headliner loose in one spot (spray glue). Soft spot in floor by shower door. Not rotten just delaminated from former owners showering with door open. Batten behind fiberglass on right rear corner which joins side skin to rear molded structure has came loose (I had planned on replacing both with stainless strips). Needs new battery, looses charge after about a week of sitting. Have a new set of fold up steps for trailer but requires metal box inside stairwell (fiberglass) to attach. Of course fifth wheel hitch goes with it. [b]If not taken by March 15th, I will strip fiberglass from frame and use frame for a fifth wheel cargo trailer. You can contact me at 217-235-3561, cell 217-246-2935, email harolddean61911@yahoo.com. Harold
Bumping this up so folks might see the new info Harold added yesterday! Man, oh man! What a DEAL!
Info on Adding Photos to a Post
RV Life Network FAQ
Old 02-08-2006, 08:18 AM   #12

Trailer: Y2K6 Bigfoot 25 ft (25B25RQ) & Y2K3 Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Someone please rescue this 5th wheel! I corresponded with Harold and was considering it for my folks, but they decided they wanted something a little newer. This is a fine fifth wheel and was a deal at $5k. At $2500 it's a STEAL!

Roger
Old 02-08-2006, 09:06 AM   #13

Please, please someone buy it, give it a good home and use it. We can't let this happen:
Quote:
If not taken by March 15th, I will strip fiberglass from frame and use frame for a fifth wheel cargo trailer.
Old 02-08-2006, 09:37 AM   #14

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
He is going to KILL IT!!!!!!!

oh.. the humanity!!!!
Old 02-08-2006, 11:58 AM   #15

Many thanks to everyone and especially Donna for your comments and feelings concerning this wonderful trailer. Did you honestly think I would actually strip it down and turn it into a cargo trailer?. Threats are easy to make and action is hard to do. Someone in Montana who is obviously a forum member came through this morning and is expressing a check for the unit. Possibly buying the truck too. So it will still have a loving home and be represented on the forum. I will be 67 next month and the arthritis and my wife"s lack of enthusiasm for traveling in the trailer, ( summer before last in Airzona broke down on I-10 with a water pump out on the truck cured her) prompted me to sever my relationship with the unit. I had promised her we would stay in motels from now on if we went anywhere. Again thanks to all and everyone give Kent a big hooray for saving it. Been nice being with you. Harold Dean
Old 02-08-2006, 12:03 PM   #16

Quote:
He is going to KILL IT!!!!!!!

oh.. the humanity!!!!

I changed my mind as you cans see by the next post. By the way, the Quantum has been to Lake Arrowhead two years ago. I used to live at Quartz Hill in the Antelope Valley and we were visiting our son still residing there. Thas is the only trip pictures that did not come out. The camera batteries were to low to set the pictures to memory. I lost pictures of the Quantum at Malibu Canyon, Santa Monica, Quartz Hill, Tehachapi, Lake Arrowhead, Cajon Pass, Kingman Airzona and everything else u to Four Corners. Damn! What a loss. Harold
Old 02-08-2006, 02:09 PM   #17

Trailer: Casita 16 ft 1984 and U-Haul CT13 1985
Registry
Congratulations Kent on the new addition to your fiberglass family!!! I hope you're going to show it off at the Oregon Gathering!
Old 02-08-2006, 08:01 PM   #18

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Thanks Jeanne and Steve! It is true and as they say, the check is in the mail!

I still plan on taking my Casita to Oregon Gathering but you never know.

The first time I saw the pictures of the Quantum 5 on the Home Page Photo Album I wished I could have one. Never thought I would ever get a chance to buy one given that they have not been produced for many, many moons now.

You can only imagine my shock and surprise when I saw this very same 5th Wheel offered for sale yesterday. I know this must be tough for Harold given the circumstances for why it is going on the market.

I can't wait to get it to its new home and start tinkering with it.

Thanks Harold!
Old 02-09-2006, 06:48 PM   #19

Quote:
Thanks Jeanne and Steve! It is true and as they say, the check is in the mail!

I still plan on taking my Casita to Oregon Gathering but you never know.

The first time I saw the pictures of the Quantum 5 on the Home Page Photo Album I wished I could have one. Never thought I would ever get a chance to buy one given that they have not been produced for many, many moons now.

You can only imagine my shock and surprise when I saw this very same 5th Wheel offered for sale yesterday. I know this must be tough for Harold given the circumstances for why it is going on the market.

I can't wait to get it to its new home and start tinkering with it.

Thanks Harold!
Your welcome Kent, I have received the check and I hope you are truly as happy with it as I have been. If I had only been able to keep the new one I pulled from the factory dealer in 1980, think of how many happy years of RV,ing I could have had. It was a spectacular unit then and it is hard to believe how well they have lasted through this past 25 years. There well may be more of them out there in hiding somewhere, but I have a feeling they have all disappeared except the few yoou see now and then. I only know of one other one for sure on the road today. Harold
Old 04-30-2006, 09:22 AM   #20

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Well after three days and 31 hours of driving the Quantum is at it's new home in Bozeman.
Attached Thumbnails
Quantum_Home_4_2006.jpg  

Tags
quantum