SOLD - Quantum 5 Fifth Wheel - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-30-2006, 10:10 AM   #21

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Quote:
Well after three days and 31 hours of driving the Quantum is at it's new home in Bozeman.
Congratulations! I'm jealous and upset that I did not know about this site earler to be able to see it for sale. When I first seen it in the albums, I said I have to get one of those. What a deal. Can't imagine he was threatening to scrap it for the frame.

Can you post the specs when you have time? Who manufactured them? etc?

Are you towing that with a Ranger?
Old 04-30-2006, 07:23 PM   #22

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Quote:
Congratulations! I'm jealous and upset that I did not know about this site earler to be able to see it for sale. When I first seen it in the albums, I said I have to get one of those. What a deal. Can't imagine he was threatening to scrap it for the frame.

Can you post the specs when you have time? Who manufactured them? etc?

Are you towing that with a Ranger?
The information that I have is what I have been told or read on old brochure.

The Quantum 5 was made from 1978 through 1981. Only 500 units were produced when the company went out of business due to high pricing. They are 17' long and fully self-contained. It has built in battery and tank level monitor for fresh, gray and black tanks.

The wet bath, Closet and refrigerator/freezer with TV shelf above are on the left or street side. The 3 burner cook top with oven and sink are on the right or curb side. There is a queen/full size bed in front and a dinette/full bed combo in the back. It has a built in radio with cassette and four speakers. There are 4 AC outlets and 2 12v outlets.
Attached Thumbnails
Front_Bed.jpg   Radio_and_Tank_Monitor.jpg  

Quantum_Specs.jpg  
Old 04-30-2006, 07:26 PM   #23

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
More Quantum Pictures.

The last picture shows the unique overhead storage system. The door opens upward to reveal a shelf and then it has a lower tub type section below the shelf that slides out. The door in the closed position keeps the tub from sliding out.
Attached Thumbnails
Front_View.jpg   Overhead_Storage.jpg  

Rear_View.jpg   Overhead_Storage_2.jpg  

Old 04-30-2006, 08:06 PM   #24

Trailer: Quantum-5 5th Wheel 1981 17 ft
Send a message via Yahoo to Harold Dean
Quote:
The information that I have is what I have been told or read on old brochure.

The Quantum 5 was made from 1978 through 1981. Only 500 units were produced when the company went out of business due to high pricing. They are 17' long and fully self-contained. It has built in battery and tank level monitor for fresh, gray and black tanks.

The wet bath, Closet and refrigerator/freezer with TV shelf above are on the left or street side. The 3 burner cook top with oven and sink are on the right or curb side. There is a queen/full size bed in front and a dinette/full bed combo in the back. It has a built in radio with cassette and four speakers. There are 4 AC outlets and 2 12v outlets.
Kent, I noticed the question from Brown asking if that is a Ranger. Please remind him that this rig was designed to be towed with the 4 cylinder mini trucks, Courier, Toyota, Datsun of the late 70s and early 80s. Harold
Old 04-30-2006, 10:02 PM   #25

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Quote:
Kent, I noticed the question from Brown asking if that is a Ranger. Please remind him that this rig was designed to be towed with the 4 cylinder mini trucks, Courier, Toyota, Datsun of the late 70s and early 80s. Harold
Thank you, Harold and Kent.

I'm impressed. I really like this trailer. Envious, maybe even a bit jealous. If 500 were made, there is 499 around somewhere. Maybe one has my name on it.

Sorry, I keep forgetting to sign my first name. Seems it was already taken by someone else when I registered. One day, I'll remember my manners or figure out how to add it in a tag line.

Roy
Old 05-01-2006, 09:33 AM   #26

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Boler and 1987 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
Registry
Thanks for the update Kent. I was actually thinking about this trailer yesterday, wondering if it ever made it to it's new home. It looks great behind the Ranger.
Old 05-01-2006, 02:38 PM   #27

Trailer: 1986 23 ft Road Ranger
Oh, I love this little fifth wheel! Thanks for sharing the photos!
Old 05-02-2006, 07:35 AM   #28

Trailer: Quantum-5 5th Wheel 1981 17 ft
Send a message via Yahoo to Harold Dean
I guess I will now have to change my avatar since I no longer have the Quantum Ranger setup. Can I still belong if I have a sheet of fiberglass roofing over my dining canopy? Harold

Tags
quantum